Question on Potency Changes

I have modded Teebo to 57.74% potency.

If they are saying they reduced the max potency scale from 400 to 100, and reduced our maxed Teebo potency from 80 to 20, then theoretically that 57% should be equivalent to what was previously 228 potency, correct?

That would mean Teebo should be landing his turn meter reduction on the captain at close to the same rate QGJ did pre-patch right?

Is my thinking correct on this, assuming the guard captains tenacity was similarly scaled down by 75%?

Replies

• Bones
    456 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I dont know, but my teebo right now is at 71% and he still doesnt hit his tmr on the captain. Qgj at 80% hits it like 1/10.
  • Charlesbusa
    408 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    We have noticed a severe reduction in TM reduction landing.

Can only mean that the Cap pig and Rancor tenacities were not adjusted properly
  • Options
    The moderator mentioned something wasn't reduced properly on the rancor. We can only hope he meant the captain as well.
  • eldredpe
    142 posts Member
    Options
    I have modded Teebo to 57.74% potency.

If they are saying they reduced the max potency scale from 400 to 100, and reduced our maxed Teebo potency from 80 to 20, then theoretically that 57% should be equivalent to what was previously 228 potency, correct?

That would mean Teebo should be landing his turn meter reduction on the captain at close to the same rate QGJ did pre-patch right?

Is my thinking correct on this, assuming the guard captains tenacity was similarly scaled down by 75%?

Your calculations are correct. CG messed up raid tenacity. They fixed it in this last update, but it won't take effect until you start a new raid, as raid enemy stats are cached at raid start.

Thank you so much for understanding how normalization works though. That's a breath of fresh air.
  • Options
    Could I clarify if "removal of turn meter" is considered an application of negative effects by the devs? Or a probabilistic ability unique to certain toons?

If the latter, then a potency boost for Teebo wouldn't increase his chances in TM reduction, right?

I ask this as I observed that when Teebo uses his basic, there isn't "RESISTED" shown when the enemy target's TM isn't removed...unlike other instances when negative effects are resisted.

• scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    chewonit wrote: »
    Could I clarify if "removal of turn meter" is considered an application of negative effects by the devs? Or a probabilistic ability unique to certain toons?

If the latter, then a potency boost for Teebo wouldn't increase his chances in TM reduction, right?

I ask this as I observed that when Teebo uses his basic, there isn't "RESISTED" shown when the enemy target's TM isn't removed...unlike other instances when negative effects are resisted.

TMR is considered a negative status effect, and was so stated during Poe meta. Before raid release it was "fixed" and tmr became resistable. With stealthed teebo, or Rex basic, if TMR fails I see resisted just like other negative status effects.
    So to land it more reliably you need to boost potency so you win the potency vs tenacity more.
  • Options
    Tks for the explanation, Scuba! Phew, didn't waste my credits in leveling up those potency mods then hahahah
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    Options
    77% TM on Teebo works well on captain and Rancor.. Now if he'd just stay invis. I have 97% on my QGJ and there are still some resists. I believe there's a residual resistance no matter what potency you have.

Xio
  • Options
    Don't forget qgj only has a 65% chance to proc a tm reduction in the first place.
  • Options
    Y'all are forgetting, new raid is coming. All we know about Rancor raid is going to be rendered moot.
  • Options
    Sparhawk66 wrote: »
    Y'all are forgetting, new raid is coming. All we know about Rancor raid is going to be rendered moot.

Except actually I'm pretty sure the rancor raid will stay the same and all we know about it will remain completely valid in that context.

The new raid will be different but that will have absolutely zero effect on the current raid.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    Sparhawk66 wrote: »

TMR is still TMR and still need potency to work, be it in the raid, GW, or arena.

Unless the new raid prevents TMR specifically, which it might, than it can still apply.