What should Yoda's abilities be?

Prev1
Calus_78
504 posts Member
edited January 2016
As the title states, what are your thoughts?

There has been a Ton of speculation and positive results stating the arrival of one of the most loved characters Yoda will be in this next update. So I was thinking about this and thought things that the game is yet to do like reflect damage, AOE debuff removal, absorb damage to heal.

Let me know what you guys think. Maybe some of these ideas will be used in the future if not used for Yoda. We know the Dev's read these forums
Post edited by Calus_78 on

Replies

• Options
    My ideas...(totally off the cuff)

Basic Attack: Ataru Mastery: Decent damage, chance to attack a second time, very small chance to attack a 3rd time. Higher chances with Evasion Up.

Jedi Grandmaster: Restores a small amount of health to all allies and dispels all debuffs from allies. Applies Evasion Up, Speed Up, Defense Up, Critical Chance Up, Health Up, Offense Up (in that order) to self for each buff removed.

Do Or Do Not (Leader Skill): All Jedi allies gain increased Evasion and Crit Chance, and other allies gain half that amount. In addition, when a Jedi evades an attack they reflect damage back to the attacker.

Size Matters Not: Deal damage to all enemies and inflict Evasion Down, Speed Down, Defense Down, Critical Down, Offense Down (in that order) for each Buff on Yoda.
  • Options
    His basic attack will grant or have a chance to grant "dodge up". Kinda sad, I wish he would get some insane offensive abilities but it's simply not going to happen. He will have a good leadership skill - perhaps an Intelligence buff - and probably a high damage basic attack or multi-attacks.
  • Options
    Hawk7915 wrote: »
    My ideas...(totally off the cuff)

Basic Attack: Ataru Mastery: Decent damage, chance to attack a second time, very small chance to attack a 3rd time. Higher chances with Evasion Up.

Jedi Grandmaster: Restores a small amount of health to all allies and dispels all debuffs from allies. Applies Evasion Up, Speed Up, Defense Up, Critical Chance Up, Health Up, Offense Up (in that order) to self for each buff removed.

Do Or Do Not (Leader Skill): All Jedi allies gain increased Evasion and Crit Chance, and other allies gain half that amount. In addition, when a Jedi evades an attack they reflect damage back to the attacker.

Size Matters Not: Deal damage to all enemies and inflict Evasion Down, Speed Down, Defense Down, Critical Down, Offense Down (in that order) for each Buff on Yoda.
    I agree that if doesn't have decent if not better damage people will be disappointed. I think he needs to be OP with a hint of style.
  • Options
    Grand Master- Kills two opponents
    Little Green Guy- Buffs all allies with every buff.
    Bad Communication Skills- All allies gain foresight for entire match.
    Everyones Favorite- Invincible for first 3 turns.
  • Options
    What about multi-attack Special Ability? Has a 100% chance to be OP-ed :D

In files has basic with Dodge, multi-attack special, leader with speed and attack boost and very intereting unique: if he dodges an attack, attacker will got ability block and chance to stun, with bonus against Siths. That's anti-Sith character! :)
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »

When I said OP with a hint of style. I wasn't referring to GOD Mode lol
  • Options
    Calus_78 wrote: »

When I said OP with a hint of style. I wasn't referring to GOD Mode lol

Haha ok. Seriously, I think people will complain a lot if he isn't slightly OP. I see him maybe like Rey but adding an ability to remove debuffs.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Special ability: Yoda wags his finger and gives a disapproving nod. All forum threads asking when a character will be released are suppressed for 24 hours.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    All I know is that I'll be disappointed if he doesn't do flips in his attack animation.

But he used telekinesis often in the movies so something with that would be good. Whether it's tossing a large object at the enemy for AOE damage or blocking incoming damage. Maybe he can reduce a certain amount of incoming damage for himself or for all allies for a turn or two. A noteworthy amount, probably by percentage.
  • Options
    Someone in Reddit data mined yoda info, not sure if it's true but if I find the link again I'll share it
  • Options
    I think if he doesn't do flips with his attack everyone scratch their heads lol.
  • Options

Yep this is totally not op guys
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    Instant kill all enemies in one hit cuz yoda is a legend
  • Options
    he should be offered as a $100.00 character that will have the unique skill "Call of the whale" it would stun any common F2P toon for 3 rounds. :D
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Calus_78 wrote: »
    As the title states, what are your thoughts?

There has been a Ton of speculation and positive results stating the arrival of one of the most loved characters Yoda will be in this next update. So I was thinking about this and thought things that the game is yet to do like reflect damage, AOE debuff removal, absorb damage to heal.

Let me know what you guys think. Maybe some of these ideas will be used in the future if not used for Yoda. We know the Dev's read these forums

Basic attack: high dmg + evasion up 40%
    Force push=ability block + stun.
    multi-attack = 2-4 randomly attacks like Rey.
    unique: +evasion +speed
    Leader: Jedi/Clone Offensive boost much like vader. 28 or so.
  • Options
    I like that clone boost. Never thought if that.
  • Options
    Give me a second to find it as I know exactly what they are.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    BASICABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA_DESC|Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a moderate chance to increase Dodge by a moderate amount.
    BASICABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA_NAME|Agile Saber Style
  • Options
    LEADERABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA_BASE_DESC|+30% ATK, +10% Crit Chance, and +Special Ability Fill to all allies.
    LEADERABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA_DESC|Provides a high Resistance bonus to all characters in squad. Also provides a high Turn Meter bonus to Jedi characters.
    LEADERABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA_NAME|Grand Master
    LEADERABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA01_DESC|Provides a high Resistance bonus to all characters in squad. Also provides a high Turn Meter bonus to Jedi characters.
  • Options
    SPECIALABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA01_DESC|Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a moderate chance to attack a second time and a small chance to attack a third time.
    SPECIALABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA01_NAME|Furious Attack Speed and Lightsaber Fighting Style
  • Options
    UNIQUEABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA01_DESC|After dodging an attack, has a high chance to inflict Ability Block on the attacker and a moderate chance to Stun the attacker. On Sith character attacks, Dodge is increased by a moderate amount.
    UNIQUEABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA01_NAME|Force and Lightsaber defense mastery
  • Options
    You're Welcome.

/thread
  • Options
    Lol, awesome thank you!
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    he should be offered as a $100.00

Does anybody else think this is what they're going to do? 'Cause I think at least at first, this will be the only way to get him (unfarmable for quite some time, and maybe unlock him at 5* to sweeten the pack a bit).
  • Options
    If this is true. I sure hope plays and feels awesome and i dont replace him for some chump jedi or trooper that later with better abilities.
  • Options
    BASICABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA_DESC|Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a moderate chance to increase Dodge by a moderate amount.
    BASICABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA_NAME|Agile Saber Style
    LEADERABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA_BASE_DESC|+30% ATK, +10% Crit Chance, and +Special Ability Fill to all allies.
    LEADERABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA_DESC|Provides a high Resistance bonus to all characters in squad. Also provides a high Turn Meter bonus to Jedi characters.
    LEADERABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA_NAME|Grand Master
    LEADERABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA01_DESC|Provides a high Resistance bonus to all characters in squad. Also provides a high Turn Meter bonus to Jedi characters.
    SPECIALABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA01_DESC|Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a moderate chance to attack a second time and a small chance to attack a third time.
    SPECIALABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA01_NAME|Furious Attack Speed and Lightsaber Fighting Style
    UNIQUEABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA01_DESC|After dodging an attack, has a high chance to inflict Ability Block on the attacker and a moderate chance to Stun the attacker. On Sith character attacks, Dodge is increased by a moderate amount.
    UNIQUEABILITY_GRANDMASTERYODA01_NAME|Force and Lightsaber defense mastery

and just like that bye bye sidious :neutral:
  • Options
    You're Welcome.

/thread

cosmicturtle333,

I'd recommend not posting future content on the forums next time.

Fashion.
  • Options
    You're Welcome.

/thread

cosmicturtle333,

I'd recommend not posting future content on the forums next time.

Fashion.

Sweet as.

Delete my posts if you want. I won't do it again though.

:smile:
  • Options
    Is that against the rules?
  • Options
    @FashionFett
    The 'forum rules and guidelines' thread isn't an announcement anymore. Maybe it should be easily visible for the new members.