Mod Rating Part 3

Prev1
Maskarii
851 posts Member
edited July 2016
Do you like the new Mod changes?

Vote / Explain in short sentences, Thanks :)

Mod Rating Part 3 187 votes

55%
BarrokVeddBoro_Smooth1jeremyj26DarthMasterShawnWhiteroomMateosiusSmithieDookiedog68DNACpt_Krob6StuwartObi1_master1EleiemHokieFiendNoobslayerThewhiteonELordRathkejmoCoolhand_Luke 103 votes
★★
9%
RobbathehuttOniRenkaiQuikSilver8721BonesRonin_MonkBig_BossEgo12DraconisLasseriniSirStevensonSeknosDevTorehimobiMayCMRUIZ2279WundaliciousAus_NewbieDgreaseratnightandatnight 18 votes
★★★
12%
GeddreGarthHelmetMofojokers1992papnworsTuftedpaper85LlwllynZPatman6632escorpion8888V1p3rdyn4styHunterXJDZaramGezesh_Rahldirty_quesadillaAycee1Swinglow1321AceCVSnake2LordeHellcatMarmotaMonax 24 votes
★★★★
10%
JJHKrokovichI_WANT_YODAGwonkZiggy23ItsJarJarBinkzJoseIrimiaHoUstonBWSkynobijsandhu97BuckSkywalkerWanchLarfleezeDro1dm0deBrigljad49ers1Okl28AdEUisBetterJerry_Seinfeld25 19 votes
★★★★★
6%
cheetah2114dreamer05KingOfLosingBlackDarthMaskariiBostonmessBibislavGoosyRUFUFitzNicol_BolasXenith 12 votes
★★★★★★
5%
Megadeth3700BartemirvvriVegaMarkatonapac0nautNguerraYodarulez8810DarthpippalRushlRandomSithLord 11 votes

Replies

• Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    Options
    ★★★★★
    This Update is a much better result than both before. I hope they will always balance the Mod cost's, 5* Droprate at the Challangrs but I am pretty sure now everything turns into a better direction.
  • Options
    ★★★
    It's better than yesterday, but they should have kept the mod set bonus the same. What was over the top was the 96% protection or 1500 offense bonus you got from applying a single mod. Applying 40% crit damage for adding four different crit damage mods was not, and I think that going for the bonus should be encouraged.
  • Options
    ★★
    Better but still we deserve crystal/credit refunds and Mods need their own energy not shared with Cantina.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Got to let the dust settle before I can vote now .... There plenty more work to do I think addressing gear roll backs etc
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I agree on reverting tier 6 mods to tier 5, any other stat should be left the same as yesterday. As mods are presenting themselves now, there is no reason whatsoever to go for them. The mod shipment is also even more useless than it was. This was a drastic change and that's why many people complained. But i feel they didn't even give it time to see how great it was.
  • Options
    Maybe im just alone, but i for one loved the hunt for Mods, upgrading them to see what secondary stats they would have, and then thinking out different plans how to assign different mods to certain "under-used" characters!

It was similar to a "Gotta catch em all" Pokemon-feeling of sorts regarding the Mods, but deciding what Mods that certain characters would get was the most fun of it all.

Had the most fun i had in ages yesterday! :smile:
  • Options
    Godlike for two days, limp wristed the next. Overpowered then nerfed to irrelevance.

Considering I used to play SWG online and was there when it got the NGE debacle, I'm thinking about whether it's time to walk away.

Just make a full set of mods equivalent to an extra gear level. That, players might accept.

And fix the raid tenacity and potency mess.
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"
  • Options
    ★★★★★
    Since yesterday a lot of Players I know are gone, I don't know what the Future will bring to us

We All loved this Game and many of us invested Money (maybe a ps4 with 20 Games would be the better investment as only this Game ) but at least what stays is the fact that I feel a little bit cheated.

-》 What brings the Mod Update to Us.
    --/ frustration
    --/ feeling cheated
    --/ fun sanks down to a minimum
    --/ Game feels crushed
    --/ hope stays that one day...bla bla
    --/ trust in ea / cg is fully gone

--》 What will I see in the Future
    --/ hoping not to be a beta test dummy again.. Over and Over
    --/ fix the Mod cost | whole Mod System
    --/ hope to get back some players of our Guild
    --/ hope that @EA_Jesse looks more what his team is doing and what consequences beta Updates bring to us all

I still voted 5 * - why I did this...I still love star wars to the fullest and i think or better I hope that we find a balance during the next week.
    I will stay a while be to be honest we are now searching for a alternative Game to Play via Mobilephone.

The biggest Problem for me is the Trust that's gone.. can I believe the Words they give us in the future ?

Mods are a good Idea, but the Balance is the Sky and realtalk I don't wanne be a Dev or any other Part of the EA/CG Team now... Rom wasn't build in one Day! Let's make this Game great again
    damage is done try to fix it up...sad bit I still believe into a better future...

ps. Please do not give us free Chewie Shards again that feels more than a slap into our faces..
  • Options
    i can live with it if they drop the price by 80% and bring back the guaranteed drop rate. otherwise, total flop.
  • Options
    Until cantina energy is normalized to have bonuses and six an hour not five; mods drop a hundred percent again; protection mods actually give protection not a percentage increase (x% of 0 =0); and the cost of upgrading is returned to how it originally was I no longer care to play this fuct up game.
  • Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    Options
    ★★★★★
    °
  • Options
    Fodder1978 wrote: »
    Godlike for two days, limp wristed the next. Overpowered then nerfed to irrelevance.

Considering I used to play SWG online and was there when it got the NGE debacle, I'm thinking about whether it's time to walk away.

Just make a full set of mods equivalent to an extra gear level. That, players might accept.

And fix the raid tenacity and potency mess.

Yep. Star Wars games for some reason always start off well, get generally decent game updates, and then get ruined by crybabies who want equality. I was on Ahazi from just weeks after launch, left with the CU.
  • MeisterLampee
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I still don't like the mods. Upgrading costs way too much. The whole credit crunch is starting to get on my nervs. I spent about 600$ on the game but refuse to buy credits with gems.
  • Options
    ★★★★★
    I don't understand all the posts that say mods are useless and irrelevant.

Mods provide a much higher boost than the coveted raid gear, but no one complains about gear being useless.

Please show me how you can beat a fully-modded tier 5 team using an un-modded team.
  • Options
    ★★
    It was a necessary first step after the disaster they created. I would have uninstalled if not for this fix, and I'm still borderline, even being a near launch player. I personally don't want mods at all. They aren't very Star Wars and I'd rather farm characters than mods. That being said:

1) Separate Cantina Energy from Mods. I feel like I HAVE to farm mods to stay competitive in arena, gw and raid, but Cantina has many of the best heroes in the game. As I'd said before, using new characters is more fun than expending my limited energy at a small chance of small stats.

2) Credit costs to upgrade or remove mods (that's cheap) aren't sustainable with the existing credit costs to level characters. Again, mods need something separate.

3) My line-up is doing at least 25% less raid damage now pre-mods, and that's WITH the handful of mods I have. Phasma's slow is tough to stick, QGJ is inconsistent and Teebo is ineffective. If CG "right-sized" potency numerically, at least have it average out to close to the same effect as before. Players shouldn't have to play slot machine 1,000 freakin times to get those characters back to where they were BEFORE mods. Those characters took months to develop. Potency, speed, etc via mods should be for improving characters who didn't have it before. THAT would make a number of lesser used characters viable.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    ★★★
    They at least don't destroy the game currently. The bleeding has stopped.

They need the cost to upgrade reduced by 50-60 percent. They need to drop 100 percent of the time.

At that point, 5 stars from me.
  • Jaydela2370
    122 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The game should've gone to G12+ & a new raid. This mod stuff doesn't make the game fun anymore but who cares, right? My solution is to stop spending my money. All we get is a big slap in the face!! Now I can finally leave a rating on this game. *smdh*
  • Options
    Tired of being used as a beta tester.

Spent real money on a part of the game to be competitive and 48 hours later they aren't worth 20% of what I paid.

Bait and switch with no communication on how they plan to fairly compensate.
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Options
    Its another grind nobody probably wants to do
  • nachospimp7
    119 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Worst solution ever. I was one of those who went all out in my thinking of keep being competitive on mods 5 and some 7-6.

At first it was cool I had so many advantage in my shard then I realize that people might never catch up with me. I was Little sad for what it was pre-crafting 2.0.

Then after razonable complains I was willing to accept a Little nerf on mods . Then they make mods so useless that I feel cheated and betrayed about my investiment.

I was 1 pre mods , 1 during mods, now I had this weird feeling about facing currently one on my server because my Phasma is useless and Qgj doesnt reduce a key Tm.
  • Options
    The old mods were fun and i wanted to collect them all. The new mods are hard to get expensive to upgrade and seem like a pointless grind. Do we need them to compete most likely but unlike the old mods i'm not excited to try and find new ones. Basically the fun was taken out of the game cause some people complained enough. I personally have already talked to EA support about it and then Apple support and i'll leave it at that.
  • Options
    ★★★★
    It's better. GW is at least doable. Just takes about a hour and 20-30 refreshes
  • Options
    brett94 wrote: »
    Its another grind nobody probably wants to do

Plus one!! I put money into scanners, furnaces, and callers! I didn't mind spending my money because I love Star Wars and the game. I'm still furious with this mod junk!
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ★★★★★
    I kinda like it if the 5* gear was a 1 * gear ....

Basing it on a char % makes it kinda ussless... That means rg will still have more protection... Then any one...(example)
    The way it should have been handled is 1-2* mods realeased then 4* mods in raids... And keep the prices very low and then 2 weeks later realese 5* mods then a month later 7* mods from an event... And the cost in upgrding a g5-g7 mod should be huge

Making a new energy for mods insteaf of cantina

Use ally points to lvl up a mod instead of credits.. (Since ally points r usseless ) or something else... Or increase credits over all in the game ...

The pre nerf mods we re amazing not because my rey had 50 k health 4 k dmg and my shard had 4 k dmg rey and 50 k health

It was because mt st han got a lot better mt leai got the same health protection has rey but like 300 less dmg
    Thats when i knew that FINALLY every **** char is viable!!!

Was rdy to upgrd a few char but i had no more credits...

they should SHOW us what secondary stat will a mod have instead of having to spend like 400 k to know!!!!
  • Options
    ★★
    I have a theory. The goal of the "wild west" first 2 days of mods was to get as many players as possible hooked on mods and buying them, and the following update that reduced the drop amount was the next step in the plan. This was all a marketing plan. Quick money for them and they get people hooked on a new feature. It follows the same pattern other businesses have used for years where a trial is offered and then the price is raised. Those upset about the current drop rates who got quick short-term gains should consider this instead of complaining and hope it goes back to the way it was for those 2 crazy days.
  • Options
    The game was so much more fun yesterday
  • Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    Options
    ★★★★★
    °
  • Options
    The game was way more fun yesterday than it is today. Mods are now just another money pit with very little utility, everyone will just slap them on the same meta characters.