Mod Challenges tier 1 too hard?

Did anyone else think the tier 1 challenges for mods were too hard. I was pretty excited when I saw that the mod challenges required different characters. Just scoundrels or just resistance for critical chance and speed mods. I have heaps of characters and most of them are at least 4 star, gear 7. However I was disappointed when trying tier 1. Even though I have the full 5 characters rather than 3. And even though the star level is ok and they are all at least level 60... I still wasn't even a contender. Some of my characters being shot down in one or two moves by level 75 opposition.
I understand it's going to be tough. But tier 1 should be able to be beat by a team like mine. I even had 5 star characters included and couldn't beat the 3 star challenge. Remember, this isn't our A team. This is other characters we have acquired. Jawa's, Scoundrals, Resistance, Jedi's, Rebels, etc. Do we have to have them ALL powered up just to complete tier 1? Did anyone else think this as well or was it just me?
I don't know if these have been changed in the latest update. I don't want to waste more cantina energy on it to check.