Old mods were better. Why do you want gear v0.5?

MrGrips
521 posts Member
Right now, besides the speed mods which are simply stronger than the other mods, youre going to use the mods which boost the largests stats on your character. There is no point or customization in that. Its literally just paying several mil for what ammounts to a gear upgrade. Why did the game need that? I just dont understand.

Yes, the nerfs and execution and shady gear sales before gear obsoletion was bad. But the mods themselves back then served a more fun and interesting purpose than now. Now theyre redundant, and added strain to the credit crunch.

Replies

• Options
    People demanded refunds because their gear was obsolete... they fixed mods so they wouldnt make gear obsolete...the crybabies on this forum got what they asked for. they just didnt understand what they were asking for,
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    I wish they'd just made certain mods not apply to certain characters, or be less effective. Make meta characters gain less from mods and crap characters become useful
  • Options
    0.5?

More like 0.1
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Mods give the illusion of customization. People buy into it. Some people don't understand optimization and others just want to experiment.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    I wish they'd just made certain mods not apply to certain characters, or be less effective. Make meta characters gain less from mods and **** characters become useful

The way mods were before, especially flat mods, helped this more than the current mods do.
  • Options
    To be fair they also gear and drop rates for gear...
  • Options
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Now theyre redundant, and added strain to the credit crunch.
    If they are redundant, why would it strain your credits?
    Why would you use credits on something redundant that doesn't matter, unless you are just posting this because you needed to complain about something?
    I think mods are fine where they are.
    It endgame optimizations and tweaking, not completely changing all toons into monsters from lvl 50.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The mods were clearly OP and made a joke of the game.
    Right now, besides the speed mods which are simply stronger than the other mods, youre going to use the mods which boost the largests stats on your character. There is no point or customization in that.
    Under that reasoning, someone would always use the mods which boost the largest stats regardless of whether the mods were stronger or weaker.. So it doesn't matter what strength the mods are. That's not true anyway. Some people boost a character's strengths....for example, make that DPS hit even harder. Some people boost a character's weaknesses...for example, improve the health and defense of a DPS so they can survive longer and get more chances at landing crits.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    boellefisk wrote: »
    Why would you use credits on something redundant that doesn't matter, unless you are just posting this because you needed to complain about something?
    It endgame optimizations and tweaking, not completely changing all toons into monsters from lvl 50.

Well theres a lot of reasons. To stay on top of arena you might have the same gear as your oponents, so what pushes you over the edge? Mods. Until youre both modded. But the point is, ita still a grind if you want to win. A redundant, non-customizable grind that results in the same thing gear does. Do you really not see my point or are you dense?

Btw, nice job putting out great reasons for
    how mods are cool and fun and not redundant.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I agree that now there will be less customization. They are not redundant. They are highly, highly beneficial. But it is almost like everyone will use mostly the same setup for given toons. So it is just an additional resource sink/layer is all. I think that is what OP is getting at.

If u boost a toons weakness it doesn't do as much, now, due to the removal of flat bomuses. U can increase a glass cannons low health by 5.88 percent. Which is not as much as the flat increase was. So not many people will findit to be effective to stack health primary mods on a glass cannon, methinks.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    The mods were clearly OP and made a joke of the game.
    Right now, besides the speed mods which are simply stronger than the other mods, youre going to use the mods which boost the largests stats on your character. There is no point or customization in that.
    Under that reasoning, someone would always use the mods which boost the largest stats regardless of whether the mods were stronger or weaker.. So it doesn't matter what strength the mods are. That's not true anyway. Some people boost a character's strengths....for example, make that DPS hit even harder. Some people boost a character's weaknesses...for example, improve the health and defense of a DPS so they can survive longer and get more chances at landing crits.

OK so tell me who is going to use DPS mods on Royal guard ? How are these mods making the underclass characters like mob enforcer usable again?
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I agree that now there will be less customization. They are not redundant. They are highly, highly beneficial. But it is almost like everyone will use mostly the same setup for given toons. So it is just an additional resource sink/layer is all. I think that is what OP is getting at.

If u boost a toons weakness it doesn't do as much, now, due to the removal of flat bomuses. U can increase a glass cannons low health by 5.88 percent. Which is not as much as the flat increase was. So not many people will findit to be effective to stack health primary mods on a glass cannon, methinks.

+1 This is what im saying.

A new credit sink is not what this game needs and is not very fun.
  • boellefisk
    331 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Well theres a lot of reasons. To stay on top of arena you might have the same gear as your oponents, so what pushes you over the edge? Mods. Until youre both modded. But the point is, ita still a grind if you want to win. A redundant, non-customizable grind that results in the same thing gear does. Do you really not see my point or are you dense?

Classy.
    Yes I am that dense, or maybe I am just of another opinion than you.
    I do think some people will go for optimizing characters differently now, and that is fun. You can't do anything different with gear. Before mods, you could just farm different toons for different synergies, or whale yourself to a synergy. Now you can also mod. You could try experimenting too. Unless you are too dense.
    Now, if you expect a mobile game like this to not have progressions like this - be it levels, gear, mods, whatever - then you truly is the dense one.
    They made this like a progression should be. They fixed it from breaking all resemblances of balance, to something that giver a pretty good benefit, and that can be different from what the next guy chooses.
    Maybe you just wanted to have no progression for a long time with maxed out chars and maxed out gear with a few new raids going every once in a while. Sorry, that didn't happen. And I think it it fine.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options

Classy.
    Yes I am that dense, or maybe I am just of another opinion than you.
    I do think some people will go for optimizing characters differently now, and that is fun. You can't do anything different with gear. Before mods, you could just farm different toons for different synergies, or whale yourself to a synergy. Now you can also mod. You could try experimenting too. Unless you are too dense.

Sorry about calling you dense. I just didnt like how you said I was complaining to complain like I have no valid reason to.

Yes now you can customize differently than with gear. If you do it differently than, the best stats (already high) for the best characters, you wont be competitive. Old mods, you could make many other configurations competitive again.
  • Options
    Sorry about calling you dense. I just didnt like how you said I was complaining to complain like I have no valid reason to.

Yes now you can customize differently than with gear. If you do it differently than, the best stats (already high) for the best characters, you wont be competitive. Old mods, you could make many other configurations competitive again.

Well I'm sorry too.
    Anyway, with the other mods there would be cookie cutter builds just like now. It would just take a little longer to figure them out.

I don't think there is a good way to avoid cookie cutter builds tbh, unless you perfectly balance every toon and clearly devs are not skilled enough to do the most basic balancing so I don't see how they could possibly do something like that.

The mods v. 0.5 was a disaster. They made GW impossible, they made progression MUCH harder than now. So in a sense, they surely made a credits crunch now for progression - but it is nowhere near as bad as it would have been with mods 0.5.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    Options
    People demanded refunds because their gear was obsolete... they fixed mods so they wouldnt make gear obsolete...the crybabies on this forum got what they asked for. they just didnt understand what they were asking for,

Gear was never obsolete. People missed math class at school.