reward people donating like every other game!!

Starwars_iRiSh
23 posts Member
edited July 2016
sorry for the obnoxious title, but this needs to be addressed.

Devs, whomever....

People have no incentive to donate besides helping a friend...

Every other game with donations has a reward, (gold, xp ect...)

I think everybody would have more of a reason to donate if you gave a nice chunk of credits/xp for doing so. Make it worth it... make people WANT to donate. Reward people helping!!

Also, next to their names in guild list, you could show how many donations they did in that month reset. That way guild leads/officers can keep track on who's greedy and not donating to everyone.

Please and thanks... seriously... PLEASE.... no brainer

iRiSh

Replies

• Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    It's not really donating if you're doing it for self benefit, no?
  • Options
    5yqxB19.png

Did you see this ?
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

Have you played Clash of Clans? Clash Royale? all the other games that have donations? Of course you want to help each other, but reward people for doing that.

Furnace salvages?? who wants to part with those?? I've been parting with gear to all my guild mates, but I, and everyone else doing so, should get some type of reward for throwing donations at everyone.

once again... no brainer
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    TBH, they didn't need to add the feature but they listened to us on giving gear to our members who need specific gear. Though if you want something back for sending gear... ALLY POINTS! =)
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Achievememts for donating + in guild management tool you can see who has donated and how much..

Lol i wont help unless i get rewarded for it ?
  • Options
    Yes OP is right, you should get a reward for donating gear pieces. 1 chewy shard per 5 donations. Everyone in agreement?
  • Options
    lol 1k credits for giving people purples?? dude... you think thats worth it?

you guys obviously haven't played other donation games.
  • Chiquard
    108 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    That's a really good idea. And by the way OP, you can see the daily and lifestyle donations for each member in the guild menu.
    Team MèreDooku [Fr]
    Recruiting now ! Send me an ally request : 557 787 579
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Its called a donation.. not a sale... idea is to HELP your guild mates
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they added donations to the game, but give people like 10k credits for it or something... would benefit everyone in the guild and give an incentive to keep donating..
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

Thanks Captain Obvious! you obviously haven't played all these other great games with donations in them. It's a great idea, but so would rewarding the guy giving his purples away
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Have you played Clash of Clans? Clash Royale? all the other games that have donations? Of course you want to help each other, but reward people for doing that.

clash of clans doesnt really reward donating. yea there is an achievement for gems, but there's an achievement in this game aswell. The XP you get in clash is worthless, unlike the XP in this game (unless ur lvl 80 ofcourse)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

Thanks Captain Obvious! you obviously haven't played all these other great games with donations in them. It's a great idea, but so would rewarding the guy giving his purples away

Np private... if i have a purple gear spare.. i cant sell it cause that got took that away 7 months ago no why would i give it to a guildie.. yeah ill keep hold of it in stock keeping dust...

Maybe you havent played all these other great games where helping your team/guild out helps u instead of looking for a reward to do so
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

clash of clans doesnt really reward donating. yea there is an achievement for gems, but there's an achievement in this game aswell. The XP you get in clash is worthless, unlike the XP in this game (unless ur lvl 80 ofcourse)

Clash might not be the best example... that's a great F2P game that is very cheap to donate in.

Clash Royale would be a better example... You get credited with donating common and rare cards. You get rewarded with gold and xp...

Where credits is the big currency in this game, so is Gold in Clash Royale... you need it to advance much like in this game... and donating is one of the best ways to increase your in game currency in that game.

It helps every member, PLUS, gives you your most precious and necessary currency in the game!
  • Options
    Rewards:
    1.) Give allies gear, build goodwill, and have your gear requests filled too!
    2.) Achievements, which jump up to 25 for the second tier, and hopefully continue up to 500 over time for some Vader shards at the later tiers.
    3.) Stronger guildies (via donations) means smoother raid completions. The Rancor is now pretty easy (assuming a high level guild with at least a few low end whales), but future content like the rumored Grevious raid coming up should require tougher guild allies to complete at the highest tier.

All of these are nice benefits (especially the new avenue for these gears) is good to have. Only a chump would complain about this.
  • Options
    Rewards:
    1.) Give allies gear, build goodwill, and have your gear requests filled too!
    2.) Achievements, which jump up to 25 for the second tier, and hopefully continue up to 500 over time for some Vader shards at the later tiers.
    3.) Stronger guildies (via donations) means smoother raid completions. The Rancor is now pretty easy (assuming a high level guild with at least a few low end whales), but future content like the rumored Grevious raid coming up should require tougher guild allies to complete at the highest tier.

All of these are nice benefits (especially the new avenue for these gears) is good to have. Only a chump would complain about this.

who said I was complaining??? Have you read what I've been saying?

It's like talking to children... you all have to say something JUST to say something.

I'm talking about a proven method to make donations a big part of the game... donating in Clash Royale makes the game free to play. The way things are now is good, I'm just saying make it great!

• ScruffyLookin
    56 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    For one thing, there is a recurring achievement, which gives varying amounts of credits. The first is $1000 (see above screenshot by @vincentlondon). It's $5000 for 25 donations. But that is not the point at all. In fact, this is the only part of the latest update(s) that makes any sense to me.

The idea is that if you donate, your guild mates will be more likely to donate when you need something. Sure some might ask for something absurd, but you never know. I have hundreds of Furnace pieces I don't need. I keep getting them in raids. Not to mention 3 fully built Furnaces (yes, Mk V). On the other hand, my friend doesn't know what to do with all of his droid caller pieces, while another is swimming in stun gun pieces.

So as I see it, the exchange is a solution to the problem of not getting what you really need from raid rewards. People in my guild are saving a lot of grind by trading pieces.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they added donations to the game, but give people like 10k credits for it or something... would benefit everyone in the guild and give an incentive to keep donating..

At least xp should be enough just like in ****
  • Marko79
    34 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    you have to look at the big picture you help your guild mates by helping them gear their characters which in turn makes the guild stronger overall and makes your overall performance in the raid more efficient
  • Options
    The real problem w the exchange is that everyone needs the same gear because the poor game mechanics that are either WAI to be extreme bottle necks or back logged till August.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The real problem w the exchange is that everyone needs the same gear because the poor game mechanics that are either WAI to be extreme bottle necks or back logged till August.

Well, that's not the system at fault, but the users. The exchange is usefull for gear that people farm unintentionaly while farming a toon's hardnode. Just don't request stun cuffs etc.
    The gear bottle neck as a whole is ofcourse WAI and obviously intentional, but that's a different "problem".
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I think you technically get 200-250 credits every time you donate from achievements, and like three ally points
    Post edited by Allenb60 on
  • Options
    I've donated 655 times. I thought that was a good amount till I saw some of my guildmates that did way more lol. Achievement for 750 donations is 25 crystals, 15k ship credits, 25k credits, and 50 ship tokens. Not really exciting at all. But we have unspoken rule basically; If you give to me, I'll give to you. And it works very well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Tavanh wrote: »
    TBH, they didn't need to add the feature but they listened to us on giving gear to our members who need specific gear. Though if you want something back for sending gear... ALLY POINTS! =)

This^^

And a +1 on some extra ally points for donations. A reward that people could use to be competitive but isn't necessary for gameplay if you don't want to.
  • Options
    Don't call out devs bro. Quick way to get band
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    So many people don't understand the concept of a DONATION. It's not how can I most benefit by giving items. I think a lot of are wanting to TRADE gear to receive something else. Personally, I'd just like an option where I can trade some gear to collect currency that would then let me buy other gear. Hopefully not at the brutal rates as the shard shop.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    So many people don't understand the concept of a DONATION. It's not how can I most benefit by giving items. I think a lot of are wanting to TRADE gear to receive something else. Personally, I'd just like an option where I can trade some gear to collect currency that would then let me buy other gear. Hopefully not at the brutal rates as the shard shop.

it's called "guild exchange". So i guess many people do understand the concept of a donation, but also understand the concept of an exchange ;)
  • Sleek_Viper
    345 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Make deals thru chat apps lol 1-1 trade deals work great.

Sadly it's not enough to depend on altruism for highly desired gear (mk3 holo projector/mk6 hypo syringe)
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • Options
    I got 5 stun guns from guildies. Super grateful as I am one step closer to G10 Boba :)

I try to donate some of whatever I get from raids (droid callers, stun cuffs, etc.)
This discussion has been closed.