More updates to come?

Inke
32 posts Member
I read the post yesterday as there would be 3 updates in the near future (week?), with yesterday's as the 1st of 3. Others I've talked to think yesterday's 3 client restarts was all 3 in a short time and the updates to mods were finished. Did I read the post incorrectly? Is there more to come?

Replies

• Options
    All 3 updates were done yesterday in a staggered fashion....first they removed Mods from Raids, then they manually changed all MK6/7 mods to MK5 ones and finally they lowered the stats of all mods across the board.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Lol
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Oh wow! That really tempers my optimism. I thought yesterday was a really good START. If that's the end I'm sincerely disappointed. Oh well. Nothing good last forever.
  • Options
    hopefully an update pushing mods back to where they used to be is next.
    Lol
  • Options
    Who knows, the devs cannot communicate because they are lost
  • Effect
    32 posts Member
    Options

Yea the players that we're complaining didn't realize how good it actually was to have those mods. You could compete with ANY toon. But they didn't want to grind. Now the strong toons only got stronger and the weak toons only got weaker.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Effect wrote: »

Yea the players that we're complaining didn't realize how good it actually was to have those mods. You could compete with ANY toon. But they didn't want to grind. Now the strong toons only got stronger and the weak toons only got weaker.

Curiosity are you f2p or p2p ? Level ?
    Get in before the drop rate by any chance ?
  • Effect
    32 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

I've been playing since last October. I have gone through all the updates. The raid gear update killed my squad. So I grinded and caught back up. But that's just me. No need to explain anything else other than the mod nerf is flat out pointless now. How? Before the mods most of my toons are the same power they are currently after the mod nerf. How does that make sense after people grinded and spent money just to basically have the same game?
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    Options
    I was just really hoping that there would be more positive changes. I don't mind the power nerf, think current levels are good for the game. But nothing to address cantina energy, drop rates or cost to level. Raising the cost to level and lowering the power seems like a bad idea to me.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

I've been playing since last October. I have gone through all the updates. The raid gear update killed my squad. So I grinded and caught back up. But that's just me. No need to explain anything else other than the mod nerf is flat out pointless now. How? Before the mods most of my toons are the same power they are currently after the mod nerf. How does that make sense after people grinded and spent money just to basically have the same game?

So you are a seasoned player then.. so surely you would realise pre nerfed mods had killed the game completly ? Just by the forums after update 1 and 2 how many threats to leave how many you destroyed the game posts ?

There was nothing you could do.. couldnt advance couldnt earn credits couldnt do anything.. then update 3 came... see the difference ? Sure a couple posts cause u cant please everyone.. but now chars arent god like in 24 hours as opposed to a decent grind...

Pre nerf... and u say you was here oct so raided lots of strong geared toons... but people new or poorly geared were matching if not beating u just by spending cash on mods... you think thats right ???
  • Effect
    32 posts Member
    Options

So you are a seasoned player then.. so surely you would realise pre nerfed mods had killed the game completly ? Just by the forums after update 1 and 2 how many threats to leave how many you destroyed the game posts ?

There was nothing you could do.. couldnt advance couldnt earn credits couldnt do anything.. then update 3 came... see the difference ? Sure a couple posts cause u cant please everyone.. but now chars arent god like in 24 hours as opposed to a decent grind...

Pre nerf... and u say you was here oct so raided lots of strong geared toons... but people new or poorly geared were matching if not beating u just by spending cash on mods... you think thats right ???

That happened to me and I was a seasoned player. I went from ranked in the top 10 to barely ranked top 50 in my server when raid gear came out. So here's what you "fail" to realize....the game wasn't broken at all eventually everyone would have caught up had EA not put a drop rate in and not up the price to upgrade mods. Just like that happened to me when the raid gear first came up. I like variety of the toons that you could use in the first mod update. Rey didn't kill you in one shot like she can now. But people who don't like change because they didn't want to put in effort to become better is a problem. The game went from balanced to now offense and speed just like it was pre mod update.

P.s. I'm not even all that mad about the nerf I just think the mods are pointless now. Also the fact that people actually spent money to become better.
  • Gh0stRdr1982
    32 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So let me ask this question to those of you who want them back....how far ahead were you from everyone....I'll bet you spent $$$ to get as many Mk5's as you could and that allowed you to beat up on some people and make you feel powerful so you wanted it to stay that way for as long as it could but they ruined your happy time =( sorry.
  • Captainrrl
    358 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    They made more money with mods turned up
  • Effect
    32 posts Member
    Options
    So let me ask this question to those of you who want them back....how far ahead were you from everyone....I'll bet you spent $$$ to get as many Mk5's as you could and that allowed you to beat up on some people and make you feel powerful so you wanted it to stay that way for as long as it could but they ruined your happy time =( sorry.

I was top 25 before the mods and in the same boat. In fact most of my server were already top players. I don't get your point?
  • Options

^^ this.
    They just wanted an advantage over those who didn't precraft 2.0, that's all.
  • Effect
    32 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    boellefisk wrote: »

^^ this.
    They just wanted an advantage over those who didn't precraft 2.0, that's all.

Those people who spend money allow you to play this game. Otherwise who is going to fund the crew who operates the game. Hmmmm
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Captainrrl wrote: »

There's a sucker born every day!
  • Options
    both F2P and whales alike loved pre-Nerf, we were too busy enjoying the game to complain.... now not so much.

some whales complained because too many other people were climbing up there mountain and they knew there time and Status Quo was in danger, thats why they complained about Mods.

they had no issue with mods, they had issue that people were gaining what they had.

Did you see the forum after mods first showed up? Plenty of people had a lot to complain about. Granted the updates they pushed out after turned the whole thing up to nuclear scale. As soon as they address the drop rate and mod leveling cost the forums might actually look normal.
  • Options
    Gankak wrote: »
    Captainrrl wrote: »

There's a sucker born every day!

Ain't that the truth