Have you seen this if not you should have

Stalbot
131 posts Member

5. EA Services, Content and Entitlement Availability

Entitlements may only be held in Accounts belonging to legal residents of countries where access to and use of Content and Entitlements is permitted. Entitlements may be purchased or acquired only from EA or an authorized retailer. EA reserves the right to refuse your request(s) to acquire Entitlements, and EA reserves the right to limit or block any request to acquire Entitlements for any reason.

We do not guarantee that any EA Services, Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all countries and/or geographic locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer particular Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. We reserve the right to change and update Content and Entitlements without notice to you. Once you have redeemed your Entitlements, that content is not returnable, exchangeable, or refundable for other Entitlements or for cash, or other goods or services, subject to any rights of return you may have under Section 16 or under any applicable consumer law in your territory.

Now stop crying

Replies

• Pierce
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Stalbot wrote: »
    5. EA Services, Content and Entitlement Availability

Entitlements may only be held in Accounts belonging to legal residents of countries where access to and use of Content and Entitlements is permitted. Entitlements may be purchased or acquired only from EA or an authorized retailer. EA reserves the right to refuse your request(s) to acquire Entitlements, and EA reserves the right to limit or block any request to acquire Entitlements for any reason.

We do not guarantee that any EA Services, Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all countries and/or geographic locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer particular Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. We reserve the right to change and update Content and Entitlements without notice to you. Once you have redeemed your Entitlements, that content is not returnable, exchangeable, or refundable for other Entitlements or for cash, or other goods or services, subject to any rights of return you may have under Section 16 or under any applicable consumer law in your territory.

Now stop crying

yay, EA employee lecturing us and telling us how to act? "TAKE OUR PRODUCT AND LIKE IT NO MATTER HOW BAD IT IS"
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Miss selling is a consumer right protected under law in most countries ... This isn't a get out clause for that I'm afraid

You missed the last sentence starting with subject....
  • Stalbot
    131 posts Member
    Options
    I don't work for e.a.
    I do think it is funny how many of you . Don't read . Just hit agree and move on and then cry when things don't go your way.
  • Stalbot
    131 posts Member
    Options
    KingPin wrote: »
    Miss selling is a consumer right protected under law in most countries ... This isn't a get out clause for that I'm afraid

What did they miss sell
  • Options
    Slightly ironic this post is attacking people for not reading something and acting childish.

Are you aware how many times this exact section of the ToS has been posted over the last couple days?

Let's try to stay constructive.
  • SantasWS
    165 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    terms and conditions does not overrule costumer protection law of the individual country!
    In Europe that means if a product does not perform or is different from what was original paid for it is faulty and not working as paid for the customer is entitled to a repair to restore the original function or a replacement or a refund.
    And don't get me started on cooldown on purchases online!
  • Options
    P.S. i do like the game just disappointed with the poor rollout of last update. The in game trade request was the best addon
  • Options
    I agree with the OP.

They screwed up. They screwed it so bad I was one of many contemplating quitting. They're still screwing things up but less so and you know what, I LIKE the game else I wouldn't care or play or check the forums. If you don't like it, if you don't hope they fix things up and balance things enough that it's fun while still making them money to keep making it, then stop trolling and go elsewhere.

Legal departments will always try to cover the company against mistakes, it's their job. Trying to escape responsibility can feel a little slimy but the devs are HUMAN. They make mistakes and screw things up. Would be stupid not to cover your company legally against changes, mistakes and rebalances.

Hopefully the devs will start to learn from precraft 2.0 And improve their quality control and beta testing, but if not, third times a charm.

• Options
    Also, since it is known that people almost never read the terms of these contracts, they aren't always as binding as people think. That is if this wasn't a troll post as entitlement doesn't seem something that would be in a contract
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Stalbot wrote: »
    KingPin wrote: »

What did they miss sell

Not saying they did or didn't I certainly don't want to start getting handbags out just yet ... Was just pointing out to the original poster what he found was incorrect that is all

In the uk the consumer protection act 2015 section 34 onwards is the bit the last line is referring to anyone who cares about this stuff