I'm a little overwhelmed...

This is not a complaint thread about mods and all of that associated discussion, but with mods appearing to be here for the long haul...as a FTP gamer I don't know what direction to take my continued squad development.

I've been using my Catina energy to 3* all of the mods battles and am currently sitting halfway through tier 7. I've unlocked the first 6 mod challenges and only attempted and 3* the first health mods set. I've been using (1) Catina refresh a day and only going for (3) regular Catina battles to complete the daily activities.

I know mods have been nerfed and still don't know where they will end up, but are there specific mod groups that are more powerful or useful for most toons? Should I be attempting to collect the lower level mods in the battles or only the higher level mods in the challenges? And lastly with the credit crunch and having specific toons needed to clear the mod challenges....is this even a possibly for a completely FTP account?

I'd simply like to maintain or lessen my apparent drop in competitive results in Arena, Raids, and GW since the mod launch. Trying to figure out what to do with all of the new mod options is something I'm struggling with...

Thank you for your input!

Replies

• Oked
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I agree! Mod challenges shouldnt use cantina energy. They should be a rotating set of challenges like the gear challenges
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Im guessing your fellow low lvl seeing i auto'd from 1-8 and im nothing special

My advise would be forget challenges.. be happy with the gauranteed mod drops u get in battles.. they may only be teir 1 but its something.. with recent mod nerf spend your credits on promoting and lvling toons rather than mods
  • Options
    The stat difference between the levels isn't huge. Just do the best you can to give your toons a balanced set and get the set bonuses and you should be fine.

Later on you will want to fine tune stats for raids or pvp builds and I'm sure in a few weeks the guides to best character builds will start emerging.

The understanding of how this works at the minute is extremely broad, it will take a while for the specifics to emerge.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Your not alone buddy I'm completely lost as to how best to approach mods ....think once the dust settles with the updates helpful people will start to write up guides

At least that's what I'm hoping they'll do or I'm screwed :smiley:
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

My advise would be forget challenges.. be happy with the gauranteed mod drops u get in battles.. they may only be teir 1 but its something.. with recent mod nerf spend your credits on promoting and lvling toons rather than mods

I appreciate the input...I'm level 80. Again I'm a completely FTP account...top toons are

Fives 6* Gear 9 - level 80
    Rey 7* Gear 9 - level 80
    Luminara 7* Gear 8 - level 80
    Kylo 7* Gear 9 - level 72
    Phasma 7* Gear 8 - level 80

Also have the following toons 7*

Toggle
    Ackbar
    Teen
    IG-86
    JC
    Sidious
    HK-47
    Ahsoka
    Biggs Darklighter

Nearly 7*

Talia
    Chewie
    Ewok Elder
    Mace
    Bobba
    Clone Sergeant
    Leia

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    @Reef_Raider
    Take away Kylo and replace with Leia and thats my arena team :smile:

Some toons i think you should concentrate on are Bariss, RG and GS to name a few... with galactic war as it is you really need an A B and C team that can hold there own... and leia of course.. she is my fave toon at the mo... yes even over Rey !!
  • Options
    I'm treating mods like an end game thing that I will do after I finish starring up my characters I want. It might not be optimal, but oh well.
  • Options

This is good advice that I second. Get the team/characters you like as opposed to falling into the RNG hole. Once you have your teams where you want, go for the upgraded ones.
  • Reef_Raider
    77 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Reef_Raider
    Take away Kylo and replace with Leia and thats my arena team :smile:

Some toons i think you should concentrate on are Bariss, RG and GS to name a few... with galactic war as it is you really need an A B and C team that can hold there own... and leia of course.. she is my fave toon at the mo... yes even over Rey !!

I'm thinking of making a change to my Arena team with the addition of Leia...just need about 2 more days of Arena payouts and some raid gear.

To be honest...I was having next to no problems with my squads in GW until mods. Last several days my 11th and 12th nodes have been insane with maxed characters fully modded. I'm not sure if anything other than a potential change to GW is going to solve that problem for me.

Again thanks for your feedback!