Do we know anything regarding the supposed future shard exchange?

Lokai
379 posts Member
Just curious because as of now I am NOT going to be buying any more gems/packs as I finally went through and cataloged just how many EXTRA shards I have and it has me rather annoyed to think just how many other characters i'd be able to have at 6*/7* if I hadn't kept getting repeats of toons I already had maxed out.

I wouldn't mind just getting a new random shard for each and every EXTRA shard I have, so i'm not expecting to be able to PICK what I get. I don't even mind so much if I don't get the exact character shards I want, I just want to get shards to characters that can actually use them to progress so i'm actually getting "something" for my money. Extra shards are literally just money in the toilet for all the good they do me and i'm really gonna be annoyed if I get TAXED to trade in my extra shards thus devaluing my investment in this otherwise fun game.

currently these are the EXTRA shards I have:

Captain Phasma +75
FO Tie Pilot +16
Ig-100 +159
Ig-86 +245
Ig-88 +64
Jedi Consular +105
Kit fisto +130
Luminara +24
Leia +155
Qui-gon +105
Cad Bane +62
Jedi Knight Guardian +22
Snow trooper +22
Darth Maul +4
Ewok scout +61

even the shards that I would consider worth more then others (chromium exclusive) i'd be perfectly happy trading straight across so far as I get a shard for someone that I could actually upgrade even if it is a more or less sub par character. That right there is ALOT of money just parked in the void/toilet :(

heck I'm working up pretty fast towards another 7* Ig-86 :)

Replies

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I hear you... I'm not buying any new packs either until they've added something for us to do with those shards.

And I really hope they'll allow us to trade or exchange those shards fairly. If it came down to excess shards getting traded for regular shards at a lower exchange rate, it would severely penalize players with many 7* cards. I hope they aren't considering doing that.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    be a hefty kick in the teeth, might as well just be f2p at that point why support the game if that is their view? I'm not saying they WILL devalue our investment but it wouldn't surprise me :(

hoping for the best :)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    It would make sense in one way. And that's why I'm afraid they'll do it. If you could switch just any unwanted shards for any shards of your own liking, then you could get chromium exclusive cards for your regular farmable ones. That would make no sense. A penalty of some sort is necessary.

On the other hand, if they create expressiveness tiers of more or less expensive shards to trade for, many players will interpret those tiers as a meter for hero usefulness. Which might send the wrong signals entirely.

I'm just thinking aloud now, maybe they should set up a few different exchange zones, depending on where the shards are obtainable? A Chromium zone where Chromium exclusive shards can be exchanged for Chromium shards, a PvP zone where shards from arena and GW characters can be exchanged, and then a PvE zone where shards you can quest farm for can be exchanged?

I honestly don't really care if the exchange within those zones is random or not. But I'd prefer a 1:1 exchange for random shards than a 1:2 exchange for specific shards.
  • Options
    I wouldn't doubt an extra star being released for 8* characters. Then when people start fussing again, release another.
  • Options
    10-1 exchange.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    @Apophis they've stated that they're setting up some form of shards exchange. Nothing about adding stars.
  • Options
    Very good point man. I think this would be positive for the game. It would solve out the problem of the extra shards, which as you said, makes the packs opening not exciting. I have also some extra shards on Luminara, Kylo Ren, and Sid (30 on him). This also would be benefitial for the game improving the social aspect, giving the players the chance to interact between them. Hope they can realase this ASAP, it would be awesome! :smile:
    My Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes channel: youtube.com/channel/UChbo9FA2_LS9XqlQG1AqXMQ
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think it will come down to downright trading between players. Probably more like having a shard bank.

If at some point they do introduce a p2p trading system I hope they make it an auction system. Free trading breeds insanity and greed, not to mention a black market. It killed Force Collection for me and many others.
  • Options
    i'd like those 105 qui-gon shards very much pls :smile:
  • Options
    I've been wondering about this same issue, because if the Devs don't figure something out for those of us who have supported this game, then it would definitely dilute the value of the money we've spent.
    However, if the Devs do something where those of us who have a high amount of additional shards can trade them off favorably, then the f2p players will cry relentlessly. It is my hope that the Devs will listen or consider the p2p players first, because more often than not, I have seen the f2p players get their way due to high volumes of complaints.

So, my idea would be to create one or two characters that are shard trade exclusive on a 2 or 3 to one basis. For instance, give players Yoda if they exchange their additional shards. That would be fair for paying players and f2p players. The f2p players would just have to work harder to get their characters to 7*.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'd be happy with 1 for 1, but random pulls. So I exchange one of my Qui-gon shards and I randomly get some other shard. I don't want to PICK what I get. I'd love to pick but that is way unreasonable given the nature of the system. but at least 1 for 1 RANDOM I still get my money's worth. I don't think that's unreasonable.

And I don't see how the f2p would have an issue as this, while further out, will be beneficial to them. They get packs to, just slower. At this point I'd just be filling up on a lot of characters i'd possibly never use. I mean heck I've got a 7* Ewok scout......yes you read that right a 7* EWOK SCOUT.......RAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! go scout :)
  • Options
    I think a system that crunched down all extra shards in to new premium currency, that allowed us to purchase good stuff from a "Premium Shipments" category could be cool. It's not ideal but it's something I could live with. I would just want a) no stupid recharge timer on the purchases, b) character shards available from ALL characters in the game, c) maybe top end gear and MKIII ability mats, etc

The problem with ANY system they incorporate is how do you give an awesome benefit to P2P players without giving that same benefit to F2P players? F2P players can gain extra shards from farming characters like Sidious, so technically any shard exchange system would have to account for F2P too... so, doesn't this mean the rewards for such a system can only be so good? They can't hand F2P players the keys to their pay wall kingdom, which leads me to believe we're going to be sorely disappointed with what they have planned...

The REAL thing about this topic that I hate is why the hell have they been so hush hush about this? Why not release a statement about what it will be and how it will work? They've said many times they have the system in place and it's coming soon(tm) so why wait to explain it? Why not tell us? Like said in this post, I refuse to buy a single pack ever again until the system is clearly spelled out, so I see no reason why they would not be rushing to get this information out as soon as possible to entice more players like me to start buying again. It's really poor practice and makes zero sense.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    it isn't only available to p2p players.....it simply takes longer for the f2p players. It's not a BENEFIT, its us actually getting something for the money we put into the game. stop calling it an "awesome benefit" please. and no I don't think we should get to PICK what we get. It should be just like when we purchase the packs in the first place. RANDOM. I'm not asking for an uber I get to pick what I want. I simply want to ACTUALLY receive something for every penny I put into this game which supports the game so the f2p can even have the game to play in the first place.