Low power teams

My team (Sid, Pog, JC, Poe and...Royal Guard, ye you didnt expect that last one).
Im level 51 (max on my server/arena=58).

But since Im stubborn and in love with RG my team-power is just lower then similar teams (with Lumi instead of RG for example). So it feels like I have a big target on my back since almost everyone have the same leaders (our meta is either Sid or Bariss).

Because most people go for the lower power teams...of course.
But isnt that just double punishment to us who doesnt have teams with higher powered heroes? First most heroes with high power is better then those with less, duh, but if I want to try a new tactic my lack of power is like an auto taunt while climbing the arena ladder.

Im not complaining since I know there is an easy fix (switch out RG). Im suggesting that it might widen the range of teams in arena if our power wasnt shown. After all its the ranking we are after and we are going to fight higher ranked teams anyway without knowing their team-power right? We also know that the team far left with less ranking is probably easier then the far right. So choosing difficulty would still be in the game.

All of you probably think I deserve to loose since I choose what is known as a worse team, but disregard that and look at the variety of teams, would you rather fight the same teams over and over or would you like to be surprised sometime by a Royal Guard standing besides his Emperor and taking it for the team out of turn?

Besides, you all competative still fight teams with higher power so you shouldnt really care right?

I would still be getting the ranking my crappy team deserves, I would just not be the target of everyone.
And yes, I try to fight as close as prizing as possible.

Replies

• Options
    My experience is the mode has rubberband AI as it boosts lower power teams. I used to target lower power teams and my team would be junk against them, even if they had the same characters as me. Since I figured out it's just EA style programming (they ALWAYS give a boost to lower stat teams/players/characters), I have targeted teams with higher power than me (not like I have much choice since I'm in an area where almost everyone is higher power than me since I'm in an old server/section) and my team performs like I expect it should and I tend to dominate the matches.

I like your style and like the idea of having more variety in that mode. It's boring always fighting the same teams and not having power shown is indeed, a good idea. Right now I finish in the 100-150 range only using the 5 freebie fights a day (I'd clearly be able to finish under 100 if I decided to spend the crystals on a new set of fights...I just don't care enough about that) and I have contemplated just swapping out my team and dropping in the rankings big time and sort of starting fresh. I may do this once I finish getting Sid to 7 stars.

I prefer GW to arena seeing as in GW you can fight a variety of teams and you can easily use a selection of characters while in arena, I'd imagine most are like me and don't change their team.
  • Options
    Swap out royal guard
  • Options
    Swap out royal guard

No