The problem with a % boost for AI arena teams

On my level there are two ways to keep your position in arena: you can field an advanced team or you can simply add Phasma to your team. When I use her, her assist proc chance works just fine for 18%, i.e. rarely. AI controlled teams assist on almost every attack, turning any weak party into a strong one.
Devs, what's the point of this? I don't belive you can't write a good enough AI script. There are a finite number of chars, character ratings and ability usage aren't that hard to order. I even noticed AI to persistently targetting lower-health chars since the last patch. With double the firepower from Phasma I lose just to any not supidly composed team.
Please fix this. The game shouldn't be unfair. It annoys to the point of dropping the game despite the excellent idea behind it.

PS: GW against 80 lvl (i'm 63) doesn't give any fun also.
PSS: I can surely drop arena and GW and just progress with what remains till max lvl in a hope that something will change there. But was it truly intended?

Replies

• Options
    Hmmm I've noticed the targeting low health chars on GW lately. I'll retreat & change positions & they'll follow that char rather than hit the previous spot like they used to.. And yes the AI always seems to get more extra hits than my team.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    AI has "blood in the water" scripting now. It's been like that for awile. When someone goes to red they'll focus that toon down.

As for bonuses, it's been proven over long period of games to be roughly the % listed. Bad rng can happen.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Blood in the water scripting is good. I suspect RNG is the main issue, but even if the AI did get some extra % advantage I wouldn't mind, it needs some offset to generally poor decision making.