Nebit the Boss

I suspect few had saved up enough Arena credit to max out Nebit, but I can say I have *very high expectations* for his utility once he gets to 7 stars. He's the Missing Link for droid teams.

I ran HK(L), 88, 86, JE and RG before. Maxed and fully modded, did well in arena but recently have been having a tough time against some at the top. I decided to get my 3-star Nebit up to lvl 80, g8 and put in three 5-star mods. Swapped out RG, and it was...quite good! Not overwhelming, but this is a 3-star Nebit mind you. Once he's got much more protection and health from starring/gearing, and abilities omega'd (extending taunt, reducing assist cooldown) it'll be an insane combo.

JE was a great addition to the droid lineup, but with only one super-useful skill - basic is mostly no help, and heal is only meh in Arena. Nebit is *all good*. His basic does v little damage, but adds protection on most hits to a random ally - quite useful later on when you're whittled down. He not only taunts, but also reduces cooldowns at the same time(!) - timed right, can have rapid-fire AOEs, 86 assists, etc. Then, his second ability calls in *two* assists! No more 86 RNG despair when JE gets called - second droid is on the way! And even if JE gets called with his mostly-useless bomb, JE will go stealth - protecting your healer and TM monster!

For a while, there was a lot of divergence over who should be 5th in standard droid lineups. RG? St Han? B2? 100? GG? But I think Nebit, once maxed, is close to a dominant option. The downside of this, is even more cookie-cutter Droid teams and a bit less Arena diversity, though.

Admittedly this lineup hasn't fared so well on defense, but few teams do (including my old droid team).

Replies

• Options
    I'd have to see him in action, but honestly B2 was the game changer. Adding him to HK,JE,88,86 made the droid team on my server unbeatable by my particular team and I don't have clones to throw at them...
  • Options
    Fair enough, I unfortunately didn't manage to snag a B2 to compare. But at least, for F2P Nebit seems dominant.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I have B2, currently farming both new jawas but wondering if nebit would really be an upgrade or not. I can beat every team on my shard and keep getting ally requests when I don't move on defense so I know I'm getting a few wins. They aren't too OP but decent and I still don't have a 7* JE as his shards never drop for me :(
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I'm raising my own. You are right about this being the new cookie cutter, but how long has it been since the meta seen change anyway? Even with major changes it's a blend of the same 10 toons. I'll shamelessly abuse my droids. About defense, is your Nebit raised enough to give a verdict on that?
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    I'm raising my own. You are right about this being the new cookie cutter, but how long has it been since the meta seen change anyway? Even with major changes it's a blend of the same 10 toons. I'll shamelessly abuse my droids. About defense, is your Nebit raised enough to give a verdict on that?

Yeah, my Nebit's definitely too low to judge defense properly. Though, I'm worried the AI will likely not time the Taunt very well (to maximize the cooldown reduction benefit), compared with B2 who can be very effective with very simple AI - AOE all the time! So we'll have to see.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Here's the unconventional combo I started using this week. Has been surprisingly successfull. No problems on attack, decent on defense. Can't wait to try Nebit with it too.

WTom5Ij.jpg
  • Options
    47, 88 , 100, B2 and JE working phenomenally for my wife. I wonder if anybody else has a place in this very successful squad.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    86 instead of 100, cliche but...it's what it is, 86 is an important piece of roids.
  • Options
    86 instead of 100, cliche but...it's what it is, 86 is an important piece of roids.

Nah, 86 misses way too much, calls JE for an assist and dies too soon. Her 100 is only 6 stars, max gear and modded slightly. With the extra health, AoE and counters, he beats 86 in the squad hands down. Way too many times when RNG went for a toss, B2 and 100 finished the game with their health. Holds much better on defense too. 86 is passe. I was wondering about the new Jawas.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    I have B2, currently farming both new jawas but wondering if nebit would really be an upgrade or not. I can beat every team on my shard and keep getting ally requests when I don't move on defense so I know I'm getting a few wins. They aren't too OP but decent and I still don't have a 7* JE as his shards never drop for me :(

I'm in the exact same situation as you @gobears21 , running HK(L), 88, GG, B2, JE. I'm farming Nebit and was on the fence about replacing B2 with him until this morning when I poured a bunch of offense mods into B2. Forget the speed/health/protection on B2 - give him an offensive boost and he's even more valuable than before given how frequently he goes. I'd love to add Nebit but not sure who he'd replace: can't lose HK lead, B2 is invaluable against taunters, 88 and GG hit super hard. What would you do?

@Azraelrulez +1 I'm also not a fan of 86 with HK lead - better to have an AoE droid like 100/88/GG/B2 to get more TM out of HK lead ability.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    @opu120 is your gg 7*?
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    @opu120 is your gg 7*?

My GG is 6* now but I have a lot of shard shop tokens saved up and can get him to 7* soon if I want. Even at 6* he hits as hard as my 88 at 7*. And GG has extra utility with the no-counter/evasion on his basic and minus TM/health down on his laugh. And all these toons are maxed gear and maxed omegas.

I'm leaning toward dropping 88...he hits hard, but his HP/protection is much lower than even GG, and it's a liability even with mod boosts.
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    Options
    This is getting good. I'm currently running 47, 86, 88, 100, and JE. Here's a couple of variants I'm thinking about:

Offense: 47, 86, 88, Nebit, JE
    Defense: 47, 88. 100, Nebit, and JE

When Nebit taunts, 100 is going to use his special to gain speed and offense ensuring that he is a beast. I'm a few days from farming Nebit, but I'm very intrigued by the possibilities.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    RyanRen wrote: »
    This is getting good. I'm currently running 47, 86, 88, 100, and JE. Here's a couple of variants I'm thinking about:

Offense: 47, 86, 88, Nebit, JE
    Defense: 47, 88. 100, Nebit, and JE

When Nebit taunts, 100 is going to use his special to gain speed and offense ensuring that he is a beast. I'm a few days from farming Nebit, but I'm very intrigued by the possibilities.

Yeah those teams could be awesome. I'd go all AoE to get more out of HK lead, the second team. Just watch out for Rex lead!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    I'm ok with losing to other teams. All I want for Christmas is for some combination including droids to be able to beat CLONES.
  • Options

Yeah, since the mods i have replaced 86 with 100. Before mods, i was with you, 86 all the way but after mods with all the teams stacking speed and prot and life, the old combo of JE-->88 AOE-->86 assist to kill Rey straight away just doesn't work anymore. Best to have the AOE and counters from 100 now, even more so since a lot of teams seem to have some combo of QGJ, Anakin or Yoda.
  • Options
    I'll have nebitt at 6* max gear on Friday. Planning to run HK (L) 88, 86, JE, Nebitt. Currently running same team except replace nebitt with B2. I'll report back Friday. I did run Nebitt in that team in GW yesterday but it's only gear 9 5*. He definitely needs the extra protection but so far it's looking good.