Got 50-60$ to spend

Prev1
Moosehead82
7 posts Member
edited December 2015
Hey,

I am lvl 37 and I have a 50-60$ to spend on this game. I am playing since the official release last week and I don't know where's the best place to spend my money. I missed the doku sale at 5$ (omg I regret it now) and I am only at 17/50 shard to unlock him.

-Chromium 8 pack?
-Assasin droid bundle
-jedi starter bundle
-heroine starter

I am playing everyday

Thanks for the advice

Replies

• Heroine starter bundle is the best option of those. Guaranteed 2 4* and 2 3*. Dont waste your money on chromiums
  • Thx for the advice but I just noticed that I already got Asajj Ventress 3* wich is in the heroine pack
  • Barriss is all that really matters out of that pack, Ahsoka and Asajj shards are a bonus. You get shards if you already own the character, mine is 4*. I would still recommend the Heroine Starter, Barriss is just too **** op.
  • NachoFoot
    63 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Buy a new game. EA just majorly nerfed the drop rate to 1 out of 6-7 in hard mode. Those last 13 shards should take you about 13 more days minimum.

Not really worth it to wait half a month when you could be playing something else.
  • People are really over exaggerating the lack of drops in hard missions on these boards.

It's all RNG. Some days I get 0/3 because I was unlucky, some days I get 3/3 because I was lucky. Most days I'll get 1/3 or 2/3.

Do I get annoyed when I get a 0/3 day? Yes, of course I do. But I accept it because that's just a part of what an RNG system is. It's the same for every other mobile game out there that requires you to grind for upgrades.

Am I going to complain about it to everyone on these boards because clearly there's a conspiracy of EA being against me specifically and not wanting me to get any shard drops? No, because that's clearly ridiculous.

If you really dislike this game (and EA) so much then just stop playing. No one is going to miss you.
  • I got the Heroine Pack after i borrowed a Barriss from a Ally.
    Now with skill level 4 she rocks.
    Ashoka with Heal on crit is good too.
    Asajj needs a rework for her 2.skill-heal on buff remove.Its useless with 50% miss.

You get 2 Heros for each side.
    I think it was a good deal.
    Chromium packs are a rip off.
  • Slushie wrote: »
    People are really over exaggerating the lack of drops in hard missions on these boards.

It's all RNG. Some days I get 0/3 because I was unlucky, some days I get 3/3 because I was lucky. Most days I'll get 1/3 or 2/3.

Do I get annoyed when I get a 0/3 day? Yes, of course I do. But I accept it because that's just a part of what an RNG system is. It's the same for every other mobile game out there that requires you to grind for upgrades.

Am I going to complain about it to everyone on these boards because clearly there's a conspiracy of EA being against me specifically and not wanting me to get any shard drops? No, because that's clearly ridiculous.

If you really dislike this game (and EA) so much then just stop playing. No one is going to miss you.

That was before the nerf this week...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Slushie wrote: »

Those days are not of equal probability. The drop rate is WELL under 50%.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Or it is better to buy for 50$ of crystal and reset the cooldown to get the shard from the arena/cantina/battle ? im working on doku/sidious/old daka/chewi
  • The way things are with the new packs, you might want to buy crystals and spread out the money in shard farming. The packs aren't very good at the moment. I have real issue with the pricing structure.
  • NachoFoot wrote: »
    People are really over exaggerating the lack of drops in hard missions on these boards.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were a developer on this game and have inside information regarding changes to drop rates.

But OK sure, I'll believe your claims that there's been a nerf to shard drop rates this week. That would explain why I got 2/3 General Veers shards yesterday, and 3/6 Dooku shards.

Qeltar wrote: »

Those days are not of equal probability. The drop rate is WELL under 50%.

No one said the drop rate should be over 50%.

There are people who assume that because you only get 3 attempts for hard missions each day (unless you refresh with crystals), that the drop rate should be 100%. That's simply a ridiculous assumption to make and is plain case of entitlement.

Games like these are designed to be long term grinds for a reason. If everyone could farm all the characters they want in a month or two the game wouldn't have any longevity. Also, from a business standpoint, the grind system means they can make more money off the players who have cash to spend on the game to buy Chromium/Character bundles to speed things up for them.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Slushie, you said most days you get 1/3 or 2/3 shard drops. That would mean about a 50% drop rate, that's why I said that.

This has not been my experience -- at all. I average 1/3 if I am lucky. This morning I had to do over 20 tries to get 5 shards to finish off 4* Chewie. I got 1/6 on another character.

If it's really as good as you say, I'll write this off as bad luck. But I don't think that's the case.

ETA: The shard drops in Cantina are even worse, but that I can understand.
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Slushie, you said most days you get 1/3 or 2/3 shard drops. That would mean about a 50% drop rate, that's why I said that.

This has not been my experience -- at all. I average 1/3 if I am lucky. This morning I had to do over 20 tries to get 5 shards to finish off 4* Chewie. I got 1/6 on another character.

If it's really as good as you say, I'll write this off as bad luck. But I don't think that's the case.

ETA: The shard drops in Cantina are even worse, but that I can understand.

Fair enough, I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones then. If I was having as little drops as you are I'd be annoyed too.

I seem to have pretty good luck with Cantina shard drops too.
    I managed to get the 65 Jedi Consular shards I needed to rank him up to 5* from running cantina and his 3 hard missions in about 8 or 9 days :/

Edit: I can see that a lot of people are complaining about the drop rates in other threads too. And if Capital Games decides to increase the drop rates I'm not going to complain at all :p
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Since some suspect a nerf, it would be interesting if you kept track of your drops for a day or two to really see if they have changed.

I'm torn on upgrading the Consular. I was going to, but Luminara looks like she won't take very long to get from Galactic Wars, and I already have Barriss. Luminara also looks like she'll be faster to level up. Not sure how many Jedi healers I need... do you think he's worth continuing to work on?
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Since some suspect a nerf, it would be interesting if you kept track of your drops for a day or two to really see if they have changed.

I'm torn on upgrading the Consular. I was going to, but Luminara looks like she won't take very long to get from Galactic Wars, and I already have Barriss. Luminara also looks like she'll be faster to level up. Not sure how many Jedi healers I need... do you think he's worth continuing to work on?

Sure, happy to do that, but right now I'm only doing General Veers and Dooku hard missions for their shards. I'm spending the rest of my energy farming materials for gear upgrades :(

Also, I only upgraded Consular because I didn't have Barriss. I got her last night in a 8x Chromium bundle after I saved up enough crystals though but need to level/gear her up.

But no regrets having Consular at 5* because you can never have enough healers for GW :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yah sort of my thinking. I might as well get him to 3* anyway, he's only 2* right now.

Congrats on the Barriss. Though I hate when people post that they get good stuff from random packs because then it tempts me to buy them and I KNOW what will happen if I do.. I will get junk and then kick myself. :) Nothing on you of course. Random stuff is just sort of my bane.
  • Is Asajj Ventress 3 star worth playing her since I only have 3 other 3 star char (chewy, jawa, talia)
    trying to get the consular at 3*
  • Asajj is pretty weak at 3*
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    If you get Asajj from the Barriss pack it comes with extra shards so she really starts at 4*. IMO she is underrated, and that's even with the current bug on debuffing.

Ever have a healer almost finished off and Chewie does his taunt? Asajj sometimes helps with that.

Get her main attack to level 3 and she has a 35% stun chance on her basic attack. Stunning is pretty much the best effect in the game.

I also really enjoy playing her because she's one of the few characters that takes skill to play because of her AoE. If you can time it right, she can do it over and over again, and it does a decent amount of damage.

I would give her a shot.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Sure, happy to do that, but right now I'm only doing General Veers and Dooku hard missions for their shards. I'm spending the rest of my energy farming materials for gear upgrades :(

Just did my "daily Dooku". 2 out of 6. This is pretty typical.

And it's too low, IMO. That's 72 energy blown for 2 shards. 72 energy takes 7 hours to regenerate.

I know they don't want everyone to be able to boost chars up super quickly but this is too slow for characters whose shards aren't available 5 at a time in other ways.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    And my tries on Jedi Consular? 1/9.

That is ridiculous.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'd say keep your money. With $60, you'll only be able to buy the $50 pack of crystals which has around 7400 crystals. Provided you had about 150 crystals in stock, you could buy 3 Chromium 8X Bundles. With 24 tries, my guess is that you'd be lucky to receive 2-3 characters for that, a bad deal. Go buy a second game for your console or PC, even a handful of games for Android even, a better deal....
  • Shards used to be rotated in the shipments. Capital Games priced them at 35 crystals each.
  • Hey,

I am lvl 37 and I have a 50-60$ to spend on this game. I am playing since the official release last week and I don't know where's the best place to spend my money. I missed the doku sale at 5$ (omg I regret it now) and I am only at 17/50 shard to unlock him.

-Chromium 8 pack?
    -Assasin droid bundle
    -jedi starter bundle
    -heroine starter

I am playing everyday

Thanks for the advice

If I were you I would buy the droid pack. Before long you will be level 50 - 60 and then they will really come into their own. I baught the heroine pack myself and it was fun but it has plateaued at lvl 50
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Soujah wrote: »
    If I were you I would buy the droid pack. Before long you will be level 50 - 60 and then they will really come into their own. I baught the heroine pack myself and it was fun but it has plateaued at lvl 50

Can you explain why the droid pack is better at higher levels? I've looked at it but nothing seemed too impressive unless I decide to make an entire team oriented around droids (which frankly aren't that exciting so far).

Thanks.
  • NachoFoot
    63 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    NachoFoot wrote: »

Sorry, I didn't realise you were a developer on this game and have inside information regarding changes to drop rates.

But OK sure, I'll believe your claims that there's been a nerf to shard drop rates this week. That would explain why I got 2/3 General Veers shards yesterday, and 3/6 Dooku shards.

What did you get today in Dooku? We want to know.

In the first week, I got 17 shards. In the last 4 days, I got 3...total. It's not just Dooku either. Sarcasm only gets you so far and so does fanboyism.

• Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I was actually waiting to collect a few days of data before posting since it's kind of pointless to give you one day of attempts. But here's what I've got so far:

Day 1 (yesterday):
    Hard missions - 0/3 Veers, 2/6 Dooku.
    Cantina - I forgot to count how many fights I did to farm IG-86 shards. Let's just assume I got a full 120 energy worth of attempts for the day, so that's 12 attempts. I'll be generous and say I did 15. So I got 4/15 IG-86.

Day 2:
    Hard missions - 1/3 Veers, 1/1 Dooku. This is all I've been able to do so far today (it's 11am now) because I dumped the rest of my energy into farming upgrade gear for Barriss. Now, gear material drop rates are pretty ridiculous but that's another story.
    Cantina - 3/4 IG-86, 0/2 Consular. I stopped with IG-86 because I only needed 3 more to get him to 4* rank. I'll be doing Consular for the rest of the day as energy permits.

So yes, not amazing drop rates, but I already said in an earlier post that I do get 0/3 from hard missions some days.

As for fanboyism, I can see why you'd think that because I don't complain that much on these forums. But I made a lot of complaints on the old Beta forums before global launch, here's just a few examples:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Galactic-War-So-close/m-p/4947879#M849
    Oh my god... That's right, I used to complain about Dooku too! But do you know why I stopped? Because I realised he's really not as OP as I first thought and learnt to deal with him effectively.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/New-client-update-Manual-PVP/m-p/4960297#M981
    Yeah, I complained about the messed up power levels too.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Misc-changes/m-p/4960308#M982
    I still think this is a stupid change because not everyone has enough tank characters to avoid Windu from one shotting your team.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Update-still-coming-today/m-p/4968679#M1046
    A level 52 team kicking my level 60 team's **** in Galactic Wars? Yeah I'm salty about that. Who wouldn't be?

You on the other hand, the majority of the posts I see you make on these boards are anti-EA (Ok that's fine, it is hard to like EA most of the time), and you keep telling people that this game is only going to get worse because of it. If you firmly believe your doom and gloom nay saying about this game to be true, then why are you still playing the game and posting on these boards?
  • I just got schooled by one of the moderators :'(
  • Save your money for the 18th.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Ander wrote: »
    Save your money for the 18th.

What's on the 18th. And how do you know about it on the 4th. :)