Are the drop rates ever gonna get back to NORMAL?

It's roughly day 6 after the last promo & the drop rates are still in the ****. Last time ("May the 4th Be w/ You" double shard/gold/XP/ etc promo) you ran a promo it took about 4-5 days to get back to normal. I realize you run these events and then have to play catchup to get the shard & credit count back to your monthly and annual rates, but this is atrocious! I'm down way over 65%!!! I'm getting about 4-5 toon shards a day in DarkSide/LightSideBattles after spending 250-300pts. My Cantina points have been down too, but not quite as extreme. I'm a Business Stats professor, so I understand probability better than some, so I'm not so thick as to just write off your shifty micromanagement as a bad day. Of course I've asked my guild about their drops (especially character shards & the total # of different items per drop) & they all report the same thing. Even the least affected member says theyre down 50%. Anyway, I urge you to shift the percentage back to some semblance of what we all consider the normal rates. Frankly, I'm blown away that more players have to complained about this. Maybe it's a case of everyone being disturbed over the other changes & they don't notice or simply dont care about drops rates, but as a player who doesn't spend $500 a month on this title, I can promise you that it's a huge deal for me!

I urge you to listen to the players. Fix GC, increase drops & credits, get rid of toon ☆ initiation fees & stop running promos if you're only going to squeeze it back out of them later. BTW, before I became a professor, I worked for Sony, so I understand how the mobile platform works...and I have to say, you guys are turning out to be one of the worst cases I've seen of game tampering. Which wasn't originally the case. You guys started out on the opposite end of that spectrum but the minutiae & the micromanagement have pulled you towards the DarkSide, at least in my opinion.

You guys have a great demographic of older, paying players. Don't flounder that by withholding content & stacking the deck. People will continue to play if you treat them right & keep rolling out content. Either way, thanks for the good times & memories and I hope it's not the last time we speak.

Replies

• Options
    Drop rates on purple gear parts is certainly down
  • Options
    Sounds like you multi sim. That crap is a total scam. Just auto the battles, and the drops increase 3x.
  • Options
    I don't multi-sim. I mainly auto-battle for the 20 Friendship points and the rest of the time I simply. I'm happy you're not seeing decreases in drop rates Hydra, but I'm not sure I believe it. Keep a closer eye on it. You may be surprised. Watch the total amount of different items dropped, purple shards & the number or character shards dropped.
  • Options
    Have to agree with @Hydracarbon ...drop rates are rubbish when you multi sim. I handled it differently today, didn't auto battle but I deliberately simmed them 1 at a time. Drop rate seems far kinder that way, got over 12 jawa shards today & only 4 yesterday & the day before when i was multi-simming.
  • Options
    The rest of the time I sim...sorry, autocorrect
  • Options
    ...but saying thay I've not been trying for rare purples, been after easier kit to lvl my jawas...
  • Options
    Me too Mon. I've been finishing my JAWA as well & my Cantina drops are still down but not as bad as DarkSide/LightSideBattles. For instance, I've gotten 1xJawa shard in 4 days on the level 4 DS node. That's 3 attempts a day..1 shard. If you go back 6 days, I've gotten 2xJawa shards. Worse, my other drops are the same as well.
  • EasyRight
    145 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Sounds like you multi sim. That **** is a total scam. Just auto the battles, and the drops increase 3x.

BTW, I find it hard to believe that your drops increase by 3x. I know you were just throwing a number out, but you need to be careful saying things like that because people need to understand the importance of minor changes like this. It'll seriously affect your odds on what you've EARNED over a prolonged periods of time.

Like most of the comments on this thread, they probably havent read the actual post. My complaint was mainly about DarkSide/LightSideBattlesBattles, though Cantina has been affected somewhat too. I imagine it was done this way for a reason. Last time they nerfed shard drops, it was for the exact drops they had just augmented during the prior promotion (i.e. Cantina drops & DS/LS battles were all buffed during May4th & immediately after they were both nerfed). This time, they seemed to have switched it up. Cantina was buffed but DS/LS was nerfed. I get it sounds crazy, but it's the truth. The odds of this happening for a number of days are astounding. Coupled that w/ the fact it's happening to 20 other players & it turns into evidence. Sorry man, but it's the truth. Luck/bad luck don't exist my man.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I just spent 300 energy and didnt get a single purple stun gun, like are they for real? whats the drop rate on purples now 0.0000000000000000000000000000001% ????????????????? its like they want people to stop playing, nothing else could explain this bumbling buffoonery

edit - now up to 450 energy and still NOT A SINGLE PURPLE STUN GUN! what is going on with this terrible game
    Post edited by Quicksilver on
  • MonMothman
    76 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I hear & believe @EasyRight

I know this is all governed by code they can control & tweak as needed & I'm more than willing to believe the drop rates have been squashed deliberately... my point was slightly off topic i guess but I'm sure the algorithms controlling multi-sim don't work in the players favour at all (apart from time saved...)

Which is another lvl of wrong... you're the prof, can you run an analysis? Happy to collect data if that helps :)
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    With revenue plummeting the way it is they are either going to close shop or be forced to change the very nature of their transparent cash grab.
    This week will be telling.
  • Options
    I also have very bad droprates since the last raid update... Didnt want to say anything because I know its all about RNG and I am still sceptical if something really changed.

Needed to spend about 200 energy for a single stun gun today. Otherwise purples definetly drop below 20% for me...rather 10% but thats not backed by real numbers.
  • Options
    I saw better drop chance with multisim and worse ... in the end i guess they even out.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    My drop rates have been extremely good since multi-SIM, guess all your RNG goes to me...

There is, has never been, and will never be any kind of drop rate changes (except for the mods change which was announced).

TIP: RNG. Random. See where I'm going? It's called random for a reason. Sometimes you get 0 drops in 50 tries. Sometimes you get 25 drops in 50 tries. RANDOM. It's in the name.

Failing to see it doesn't mean it's not here.
  • Options
    Think they made it pretty clear: this is the new normal.
  • Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    My drop rates have been extremely good since multi-SIM, guess all your RNG goes to me...

There is, has never been, and will never be any kind of drop rate changes (except for the mods change which was announced).

TIP: RNG. Random. See where I'm going? It's called random for a reason. Sometimes you get 0 drops in 50 tries. Sometimes you get 25 drops in 50 tries. RANDOM. It's in the name.

Failing to see it doesn't mean it's not here.

Brother, I think you're failing to miss mine & other's point. You can say "Random", but their are rules to "random". It's probability. Statistics Almost ALWAYS balance out, so their is no "its just random" or you "win some, lose some". SIX days of culled drops is not random, it's just not. It's a trend. I'm POSITIVE if you were honest w/ yourself & us, youd find that your drops were far less since the last patch &/or promotion. I'm not being a ****, I'm just trying to get my point across my man.
  • Options
    My drop rates have appeared much worse the past 4 days. Specifically Cantina. So much so that I am now single simming each node. Whether that's pointless or not I still can't stomach doing 10 sims & getting nothing. It feels like I'm in Vegas and the house always wins lol
  • EasyRight
    145 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    MonMothman wrote: »
    I hear & believe @EasyRight

I know this is all governed by code they can control & tweak as needed & I'm more than willing to believe the drop rates have been squashed deliberately... my point was slightly off topic i guess but I'm sure the algorithms controlling multi-sim don't work in the players favour at all (apart from time saved...)

Which is another lvl of wrong... you're the prof, can you run an analysis? Happy to collect data if that helps :)

Sorry Mon, I missed your message. Yeah man. I'd love to. I already have, sorta. More of a macro. I also did a small prob analysis for 5 players. The macro was for around 20 players. Anyway, here are the stats:

The 5 player analysis showed that 5 players over 4 days saw a drop of (I don't have the breakdown in front of me, but I believe these are completely accurate) 29.9% in DarkSide/LightSideBattle character shards drops. Character shard drops in Cantina were only down 16%, but personally, mine were down by nearly 1/3.

But the highest was overall or individual item drops in DS/LS Battles. The overall (simply receiving at least one of any item) drop was 31.9% and Cantina overalls were down by 19%. We had nothing to go by in terms of previous mod drop data, but it was on par w/ toon shard drops. Together we all experienced a shard & mod drop rate of 15%
  • Options
    Not one of the 5 players ever got more than one toon shard in a standard 3-attempt in DS/LS battles. For instance, you get 3 chances in 4F of DarkSideBattles to get Jawa shards. No one got more than a single (rarely receiving even one) shard in any 3-attempt try. I did a basic analysis on unlocking Stormtrooper from start to finish a while back. Obviously, it takes 300 shards to 7☆ a ST. Prior to the last update (last Weds) it would take around 4 months to unlock him if you get 2.5 shards out of 6 attempts (3x for 4D in DS & 3x attempts in 3C). At the new rate, it would take 5.7 months to complete. This is using simple basic math & I know that we need a larger pool to pull from, but I promise, the numbers will be very similar.
  • Options
    EasyRight wrote: »
    Me too Mon. I've been finishing my JAWA as well & my Cantina drops are still down but not as bad as DarkSide/LightSideBattles. For instance, I've gotten 1xJawa shard in 4 days on the level 4 DS node. That's 3 attempts a day..1 shard. If you go back 6 days, I've gotten 2xJawa shards. Worse, my other drops are the same as well.

I've been farming jawa again as well. I've spent one full refresh for the past two days and I've gotten 4 shards. I'm splitting my refresh between this and mods.
    I am multi simming battles but still drop rate sucks but it could be bad rng.
  • Options
    I've been experiencing the same problems... whenever I multisim, it looks like I'm getting a LOT less drops.
  • Options
    Just pushed through another 200 energy for 3 low level purples.. I remember times pre update when at least those low level purples had better drop rates than stun cuffs/guns but since the update all purple gear rarely drops.
  • EkoDroid
    152 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The whole multi-sim drop rate cut is part the agenda if you ask me. The larger the multi, the smaller the reward from droids to shards, but especially the sim tickets themselves! I may be overly suspicious, but the sim ticket cut points to a larger agenda to me.

Makes me think Capitol Games is being pushed very hard by EA to hustle us, and it is reaching critical mass.
  • EasyRight
    145 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I know it's been a few days since the uproar about drop rates has begun & I haven't chimed in again (noone may care, I dnt know) because I wanted to reevaluate the numbers.

After Tues afternoon, the drops seemed to be getting better 4 me.The DS/LS toon shard drops did improve for myself & 4 others. It was slight though. It was up by exactly 2 shards a day more for everyone. It was odd, but all five (5) of us got an additional 2 toon shards in DarkSide & LightSideBattles from Tues to yesterday (Thurs 21st). The rest of the drops we followed (total different items dropped & gear) saw a slight improvement, but again they were relatively slight...4.6% was the improvement.

Our numbers show that the drops are down across the board in DS/LS battles. Something has changed in a little over a wk(9days). I guess this the real "new normal."

Finally, I wanted to touch on Cantina drops & Mods. Character shards in Cantina are down as well, but not as much. We saw an improvement of 1.5% over the past few days, bringing your chances of receiving a toon shard in Cantina to roughly 20%. 1 in 5 chance is reasonable to me, but what was odd is that 3 of us are specifically going for Jawa & Lando shards. We all agreed (and b4 the "agreement, we were already doing this anyway) to focus on Jawa shards, putting our range at 5-1/2 days. We all saw a marked difference in drops for the Jawa toon than we did for Lando, which we've attempted the past 3 days (Tuesday night till now, which ended at the turn of the day 1AM (EST)). WE almost universally received 4 Jawa shards each day. That's roughly 32Cantina points of 176 spent (18%) that resulted in Jawa shards. But when we switched to LANDO shards, our drops skyrocketed from 4 drops (like w/ the Jawa attempts) to 9 a day...almost universally. Our Lando shard drops were at 41%!!! This isn't a new phenomenon either. I hate to bring this up because Id hate for the Lando faucet to be turned off, but myself & another player have reached level 6☆ from 4☆ in around 19 days. Both of us DID NOT refresh our Cantina points either. We were averaging 8 Lando shards a day at a slightly higher rate (44%) than the aforementioned rate from the past 3 days. Very odd. So even though it's clear that some tampering or adjustments have been made to DarkSide/LightSideBattles drops, Cantina is close (but still below) to being on-par w/ previous rates before the mid-July update...But there is clearly an imbalance in certain character shard rates. So if you have a chance in Cantina to choose LandoCalrissian or Jawa as a toon to farm, go w/ Lando. Whether it's because there's a glitch or EA wanted more focus placed on Scoundrel toons because of the previous promotion & they bumped the rates to accommodate this, there is something that is causing one toon to be more easily farmed than the other & that is reason for alarm...to some degree.

I wanted to finish up by saying that I realize that many of you may believe all of this to anomolous or just horse-poo, but I guarantee that this is accurate to a large degree. It may not change anything for most people, but at least you've heard some real analysis of this RNG format & maybe realize that it's not just luck.

The more I've followed this, the more discrepancies I've found. I pray that any micromanagement of the game stops. This game is already a marathon EA, so stop throwing more & more hurdles in front of us just to extend the game's life. Content & Polish is what'll keep us here, not our insatiable need for perfection. Because if that's our goal, we're gonna go mad before we ever get close!