What Is Going On With This Game??

Prev13
Okay, I guess it's my turn to rant... I tried to hold out and have faith up to this point, but I'm really starting to believe that this game is never going to regain any semblance of the balance it had prior to the implementation of mods...

In the last month I've gone from regularly completing GW to getting one-hit-killed TODAY by Rey doing 36k crits on NODE 6 OF GW, modded out primarily with TIER 1 AND 2 CRIT DAMAGE MODS. This, after mods supposedly getting nerfed by roughly half. GW had already earned the moniker of "Galactic Chore" prior to mods; now it's simply impossible for most to complete, and even less fun, as if that was even possible.

Not only that, but a month ago I could reasonably focus on making a choice between spending credits on stars, levels, or abilities and choose between farming shards or gear. Sure, credits and top-tier gear were both a bit scarce, but at least it was a (relatively) level playing field, and I could choose what I wanted to focus on. Now, if I want to even have ANY POSSIBILITY WHATSOEVER of competing, my only choice is farming mods, leveling mods, buying crystals for mods, mods, mods, only ever mods. How am I supposed to obtain new characters for the upcoming new raid - characters that were only just recently released, I might add - when I'm unable to win arena matches or GW nodes without ONLY focusing on mods for the rest of eternity???

It was bad enough that legitimate complaints about GW, Rey, Evasion, and a host of other problems went basically ignored despite numerous complaints by numerous players. This huge tire-fire that was created by the implementation of mods is just completely ridiculous and over-the-top though, and it really, truly convinces me that the analysts that "steer the ship" with this game simply want me to leave by making my experience with this game as awful as it's been over the last month. I mean, the forums are completely toxic, your best players are conducting a mass-exodus of this game, and YOU CAN'T EVEN MAKE GUILD CHAT WORK CORRECTLY. Why should I believe that you could ever possibly see how broken your game mechanics are, let alone fix the game???

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME????????

Replies

• Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Idk. I feel the game is no longer worth making long posts to explain our frustration. After they requested our feedback, the biggest overall complaint was lack if communication. After a weekend off, Monday is over and we heard nothing. Now we are all still wondering about GW, mod drop rate, mod credit cost, and more.

CG learned nothing and is back to their normal way of things. The game will not improve.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly,

Nobody knows.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Play another game :x soul hunter is fun.
  • Options
    How everyone I know that plays this game feels
  • NonValidUser
    424 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Devs might say "GW is supposed to be hard"
    Lol.. but truly..its flipping hard
  • Options
    Lol GW is ridiculous
  • Options
    I finish easily everyday. It use to be much harder.
  • Options
    I'd like to see some video of that.
  • Options
    Grraauuggh wrote: »
    I'd like to see some video of that.

Really?
  • Options
    Yes. Video, not screenshots. I want to see how you're doing it.
  • Options
    i complete gw everyday but i agree its a lot harder but i enjoy the challenge however used to be p2p and doubtful i will ever spend a dollar more in this game after how CG has treated us i only still play the game cuz of my awesome guild and server mates.
  • Options
    You are both obviously whales, at least long-time players that have been at the top of the arena rankings for a while, no?
  • Options

That's pretty funny. It's GW.
  • Options
    JonVaper wrote: »
    i complete gw everyday but i agree its a lot harder but i enjoy the challenge however used to be p2p and doubtful i will ever spend a dollar more in this game after how CG has treated us i only still play the game cuz of my awesome guild and server mates.

Your servermates are pretty cool.
  • Options
    You can't video your GW?
  • Options
    I already did it today. But I finish it everyday. So I will if you think it's somehow impossible.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I finish easily everyday.
    Most whales usually do. ;)

NTTAWWT

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    If you give me a quick guide on how to record on android I'd be happy to record a GW or two for you.
  • JonVaper
    739 posts Member
    Options
    lots of you tubers do gw runs guys
  • Parableman
    642 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It got noticeably easier for me after the updates this weekend. Everyone on node 6 and 9 had been level 80, and now I'm seeing 78s there. The gear is less. The last three nodes are easier too. I finished the last one I tried to finish, which was the first one since the updates hit. I haven't finished yesterday's, so I could have one to do today and then save today's for guild achievements tomorrow night. But it does seem noticeably easier the last couple days than it was.

And I've never spent a cent on the game. People who pay have harder GW, actually, because their arena teams tend to be stronger. I don't know why you think it's whales who are finishing. It's people with deep rosters who are finishing. My problem has been that I'd run out of characters on node 11, and then whoever is left on 12 couldn't finish. Since the update, though, I'd get through with one team the whole way through, maybe needing to use a mediocre team on 6 or 9, although the last two times I didn't need to do that. My first suicide team was on 11 the last time I did it, and then my second team on 12 beat it. As I said, noticeably easier since the update.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    In the last 5 days i could hardly complete 2, and that's wasting all toons to finish last node. Plus retreating a lot of times.

GW is broken, that's true!!

But devs don't seem to care about. There's tons of threads about it.

• Options
    @V1p3rdyn4sty Sorry, I guess I wasn't making myself clear. I apologize if it came off the wrong way. What I really meant was, I'd like to see how you do it so that I can see what I need to do differently since it is so easy for you.

Of course, I'm guessing you're a whale or, as I mentioned, someone who's been at the top for a very long time and therefore able to farm up a lot more resources than most of us can. So, maybe that's the reason, but even if it is, I'm still interested to see your build so that I can get ideas of the types of things I should try to do if I decide to keep playing.
  • Options
    My leader is Phasma. Usually until node 8 or 9 (sometimes until 12 but rarely) I start out wit all DPS and auto battle the first 5 or 6 nodes. I86, rey, gs, fotp. Then when I hit the maxed,modded level 80 teams I swap out I86 and fotp and put in a tank and usually Rex. As the battles go on, I replace them. If rey dies, I put in Leia. If rg dies, I put in sun fac. And so on. I usually only lose 15 fully maxed and modded characters. I use to use retreats and suicide squads. With this last update and with the last one or two nodes being cream puffs, it's just been pretty easy. With 15-18 top toons you should finish.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The game changed is all.
    Now there's this new gear 2.0. Think of it like big boy pants. If you want to continue to beat GW and compete in Arena, you have to put on a pair of big boy pants.

There's an in game tutorial showing you exactly where to shop for these big boy pants, and how to level them up and put them on. Follow the tutorial.

Once your big boy pants are on, the game is 99% exactly the same as before. EA just introduced a new credit sink. Tada.

If you want to keep progressing, for free, you need to drop what you're doing and get some decent pants. For now, any pair will do. Then to continue to progress, without paying thu the nose, you are going to have to drop your hopes of using all the new toons you are farming shards for. You will be able to gear and mod only one per month or two, unless you use your credit card.
  • JonVaper
    739 posts Member
    Options
    if you don't have the roster i use a similar strat full dps until their protection is gone i run poggle L 86 rey qgj and gs then bust out my healers and move my guys around depending on the comp its useful to keep some lower tier mods around if you need to adjust your guys slightly if you can afford the credits
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'll do a video during the next GW activity, so you can see 3 GW in a row.

But GW being problematic has nothing to do with mods.
  • Options
    What i've noticed since the nerf is it goes like this exactly.

Nodes 1 thru 5 = Easy Mode (Level 60/70s gear 4 to 8)

Node 6 = Tough Match (Gear 9/10 all level 80s with full mods)

Node 7 & 8 = Medium Difficulty (Gear 7 & 8 level 78-80 some mods)

Node 9 thru 11 = Tough Matches (Gear 9/10/11 all level 80s with full mods)

Node 12 = Extreme Difficulty (Gear 10/11 Maxed characters level 80 with full 5 star mods)

I have beaten GW the last 3 days in a row since the mod nerf, today it took me 4 full teams of level 80s gear 8 or better to takedown node 12. Out of those 20 characters the node 12 team killed 17 of them. It took a full team to take out 1 character.

GW has followed this exact pattern since the mod nerf, prior to the mod nerf node 12 was impossible for me. Having 1 team kill over 40 characters without me killing a single toon.
  • Options
    HA^
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Options
    @V1p3rdyn4sty, I was actually semi curious about your supposedly easy route through GW nowadays until I saw the word "Rex". Anyone who is p2w probably all can finish GW daily without much trouble. Too bad the majority of us are not and those are the voices here complaining they can finish GW. Since whales have no problem with GW, and CG obviously doesn't give a you know what about the rest of us, don't expect anything to change.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    @V1p3rdyn4sty is such a toolbox. He just trolls these posts... GW is ridiculous and yes, the developers have no idea what's going on with their game, which is beyond fixing.

That's mature. People are completing GW and those people, myself included in other threads, are trying to help those that are not completing GW, but are getting attacked for their efforts.

Yes, GW is hard. It takes forever to do it. I'm not brave enough to auto it because I'm afraid I won't be able to finish it if I do.

I don't do it like V1p3rdyn4sty. I charge up TM for the first five nodes. This is for everyone I may and probably will use at some point. Then at node 6 I'll throw in people I know will finish. Not my best team. I want to save them. If the team I do put in, at any point in GW but especially in the hard nodes, cannot hack it I take them out and put someone else in. I use this team until I can't anymore no matter how many adjustments I make. Then I put in my a team, who have TM and protection still and then I carry on. If I lose anyone from this point on, like V1p3rdyn4sty I put in counterparts. Leia or GS for Rey, STH for RG and so on. I like to save some people if I can, too. I don't like to waste Phasma. I'll let QGJ be taken out first. I still usually have Teebo and Mace for dispel if needed. By the way, I just got EE up to a respectable level and he's amazing with Teebo lead. Good TM manipulation and also resurrection by EE.

If I figure out how to make a video I will. I've never had the inclination to before.