Cash player

Skinnypete
4 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hi guys I am new to the game (4th day today) i do spend money not a great amount £40/£100 a week, saying that i have already spent £200 in 4 days. Im currently lvl 39 i am wondering what to spend crystals on. So far i have refreshed enery refreshed cound dooku shard levels and open some packs maul being my best drop and i have
Mace
Rylo
Finn
Maul
Jedi consular
Talia all 4 stars
Savage opress and a fair few others at 3 star

Any help would be great and thanks in advance (sorry if i posted in wrong area)

Replies

• Krix
    99 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to **** ****. :D you pay for the lube. And you won't feel any pleasure. Trust me. Don't pay to play. (atleast don't expect any glory)
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum!

First off people that expect "glory" from a game really need to think about their life. It sounds like you are playing the game the way you want to, and enjoying it. This is what is important. The conventional wisdom right now seems to be that refreshing nodes to farm shards\gear\etc is the best way to maximize use of crystals. (Most people stop when the cost becomes 200 or 400, depending.)

Pick a team and try to focus on them, don't spread out too thin, keep the players you want to go with up to level. Although you may be cash rich right now rose credits go quick from 55-60.

Personally I would start on Lumi as soon as possible, she has a great heal and does great damage.

Heads up..Mace is kind of "Meh', he is nothing like he is in the movies. (A sore point with many people around here) :/

Sid is a great leader starting out, if you have a chance at Dooku grab him as well. Qui Jon and Leia are favorites but only can be found in chromium packs.

Try to find people that synergize with each other, try not to waste any talents that are not complimentary. (i.e. Someone that increases crits\damage for droids is pretty useless for a team that does not run any droids.)

Most of all, play the game *your* way. Enjoy it. You will find some people here that have nothing constructive to say, but are quick to judge and comment, ignore them.

In any case, again.. Welcome to the Forum, I am glad you are having fun.

Oh there are some great guides out there, here is one to start with.

http://www.swgohcantina.com/

This forum can be a valuable resource, just weed out the negativity and you will find people that are very helpful.

Cheers!
  • Options
    If youre spending then research a great all around team and build that one first and complete the main aspects of gain and get a feel then assemble teams tailored to each table and keep having fun. I raised too many characters at once and am now specializing and wished id had picked a choice team first and specced it to max before working on 20 characters at once :-)
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum!

First off people that expect "glory" from a game really need to think about their life. It sounds like you are playing the game the way you want to, and enjoying it. This is what is important. The conventional wisdom right now seems to be that refreshing nodes to farm shards\gear\etc is the best way to maximize use of crystals. (Most people stop when the cost becomes 200 or 400, depending.)

Pick a team and try to focus on them, don't spread out too thin, keep the players you want to go with up to level. Although you may be cash rich right now rose credits go quick from 55-60.

Personally I would start on Lumi as soon as possible, she has a great heal and does great damage.

Heads up..Mace is kind of "Meh', he is nothing like he is in the movies. (A sore point with many people around here) :/

Sid is a great leader starting out, if you have a chance at Dooku grab him as well. Qui Jon and Leia are favorites but only can be found in chromium packs.

Try to find people that synergize with each other, try not to waste any talents that are not complimentary. (i.e. Someone that increases crits\damage for droids is pretty useless for a team that does not run any droids.)

Most of all, play the game *your* way. Enjoy it. You will find some people here that have nothing constructive to say, but are quick to judge and comment, ignore them.

In any case, again.. Welcome to the Forum, I am glad you are having fun.

Oh there are some great guides out there, here is one to start with.

http://www.swgohcantina.com/

This forum can be a valuable resource, just weed out the negativity and you will find people that are very helpful.

Cheers!

Hi and Thanks for the helpful response
  • Options
    Wow didnt spend a great amount, *spends 200 pounds* :s
    I don't judge and spend your money freely as you like. But in my opinion that's quite a lot for a mobile game.
    Anyhow welcome to the forum! Best way to spend your crystals is refreshing energy. Try to farm your gear to max level, that will make the most difference. From the characters you listed Kylo is pretty decent. Past level 50 maul will become squishy (and he is only farmable buying chromium packs). Mace windu is quite underwhelming, everybody is hoping for a buff in the next update.
  • Options
    That's not a lot for a mobile game.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    .... Try to farm your gear to max level, that will make the most difference. From the characters you listed Kylo is pretty decent.

Wish I had had this advice when I started. I spent some money up front but focused more on unlocking/opening more characters. Now I am working backwards to get my main guys up to purple gear.

• Smite
    259 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Skinnypete wrote: »
    Hi guys I am new to the game (4th day today) i do spend money not a great amount £40/£100 a week, saying that i have already spent £200 in 4 days...

If you want to setup a real good teams you need to spend A LOT more.

The real fun starts with the toons that are only available from chromium packs! And don't buy one and expect to find the toon you want. There are around 70 toons available. And even if you got one already, it can be in found in the pack and converted to shards.

I was farming for a special toon and ended up with a couple of 7*s, including 7* Leia and additional 250 shards from her of no use.

I spend around $2.000 and got what I paid for - patience is not my virtue :-)
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum :smile:

£200 isn't too much for a mobile game, in fact so long as you can afford it there's no such thing as "too much" personally I wouldn't spend $2000 on a game of any kind, like Smite has done, but to those who hate on P2W players, they should mind their own business as it isn't their money.

I can't add to the advice given here, I have only spent £40 so top 10th-20th is about my level in squad arena given that the top 6-7 players are huge spenders on my server. Good luck, may the force be with you :wink:
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I suggest you to read the f2p threads, and follow those advices, just using more refills. So go farm JC, Luke, Sid and Luminara for starters (there are other good options, including droids. Just pick one ans stick to it)
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »

I didnt say it was i was giving an idea how much i spend "cash player" could mean £10 a day to £1000 a day and i wanted advice on MY budget. Is your life that dull you have the time for pointless comments lol
  • Options
    Spend as much money as you want. Gaming is a hobby and its not a crime to spend on your hobby.

But unfortunately,once you start spending on this game you cant stop lol. You have to constantly get packs to get more shards for those rare heroes like Maul.
  • Options
    My advice to those buying packs is to do it when you'd blow the cash on something equally "dumb" like a few drinks at the bar.

Having some sweet heroes could be more fun than a crappy mixed drink at your local dive but buy the packs as a gamble not as a guaranteed hero (especially the ones you want)

I've spent maybe a couple hundred and haven't gotten the heroes I wanted yet lol.

The best way to spend after your first couple hundred bucks is to simply buy crystals and use them for refreshes.
  • Sippycup
    46 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    (Removed)
  • Options
    Hi guys I am new to the game (4th day today) i do spend money not a great amount £40/£100 a week, saying that i have already spent £200 in 4 days. Im currently lvl 39 i am wondering what to spend crystals on. So far i have refreshed enery refreshed cound dooku shard levels and open some packs maul being my best drop and i have
    Mace
    Rylo
    Finn
    Maul
    Jedi consular
    Talia all 4 stars

Mace
    Rylo
    Finn
    Maul
    Jedi consular
    Talia all 4 stars

If you plan on spending more I would say packs, if you want to be more conservative refresh only energy not shards and cantina energy. You can get numerous good stuff from cantina but I wouldn't go over 2nd refresh in cantina. I usually only grt 100 crystal refresh but cantina has 2 shipments really. The real shipment and the shards from the missions. I would focus on 3-a for JC or 4-c for Kyle since you have him.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    $200 won't get you too far in this game.. Even you pack a 4Stars heroes.. because you need to raise it to 7Stars. No one use 4stars heros, either you need to farms or keep spend more money to open more Chromium packs. Go for it if you have few thousands to spare. It is your money. lol

Post edited by Song on
  • Options

I didnt say it was i was giving an idea how much i spend "cash player" could mean £10 a day to £1000 a day and i wanted advice on MY budget. Is your life that dull you have the time for pointless comments lol

I was replying to the post above mine. Should have quoted him.
  • Options

I was replying to the post above mine. Should have quoted him.

Fair enough. I do understand the amount spent in games like this i played castle clash and spent a fair amount but was easily over showed by some crazy figures by players in my guild alone. But then £1000 is like £10 for another person