Options
    Its getting really annoying now...
  • Options
    wat?

Just swipe down.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    They changed the color of the chat. Before the patch, I could see what I was typing on my phone but not on my tablet which I played on more. It changed after the patch. I can see the text I'm typing on both devices but I have a feeling other people's devices use alternate color background and that's what people are complaining about.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options

In order to investigate this situation, could you please provide me with the following?
    - What device are you using?
    - What OS are you running?
    Thanks a bunch!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    dVwWtV5.jpg

This is on an iPad latest iOS

If this is the first you are hearing about it, it's because this should be priority 100 behind tons of other issues
  • JJ18
    26 posts Member
    Options
    that happens to me all the time too.. im on ios latest update regular iphone 6 plus
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Lol. Most guilds don't use the in-game chat. Many use Line or Discord or the like. Please don't waste development time/resources on this trivial issue. Fix the bugs in the game, not the chat. Good gravy. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    In order to investigate this situation, could you please provide me with the following?
    Thanks a bunch!

Today is Tuesday by the way and we're in the month of July, also it's 2016......LOL
  • Options
    i have the same problems. i have two accounts , one has the same problem has the image above (large spaces between messages) and the other is ok but i can't see text i'm typing and when i'm done typing i see no messages until i scroll up.

using android samsung galaxy tab S , latest Os
  • Options
    1.) Guild chat fails to refresh accordingly when someone says something and you closed your app in the meantime. This problem exists since the guild chat was first introduced.

2.) I also get this wrong formatting all the time which @gobears21 posted
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    1.) Guild chat fails to refresh accordingly when someone says something and you closed your app in the meantime. This problem exists since the guild chat was first introduced.

2.) I also get this wrong formatting all the time which @gobears21 posted

Also, when I type something and then restart the app, what I wrote pops up as if it was an unread comment... but PLEASE for the love of the game we don't need this addressed right away!
  • J1D2B3
    18 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol. Most guilds don't use the in-game chat. Many use Line or Discord or the like. Please don't waste development time/resources on this trivial issue. Fix the bugs in the game, not the chat. Good gravy. :D

My guild chats...it's a issue that the devs need to know about...simple as...they want to know about bugs, chatting blind is a bug, glitch, whatever! It needs to be fixed...
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I can see what I'm typing but when I press send the entire conversation vanishes.
    Also have 2 accounts and I play both on a iPhone 6s, happened on 9.3.2 and now on 10beta.

A guildie can't see what he is typing, makes for some interesting autocorrects at least.
  • Eleazusthebold
    58 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    IOS iphone user here and yea chat is super buggy right now! The chat will completely disappear and I have to scroll up to get it or the unusual gaps appear in between comments.

Ive also experienced chat not displaying in real time, meaning I have to type something before it refreshes. Although I suspect it to be a weak connection problem.
    Post edited by Eleazusthebold on
  • Kamiri
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

*Most guilds in the top 50

There, I fixed it for you.
  • Saritoss
    103 posts Member
    Options
    Samsung Galaxy tab A
    Having problems seeing what im writing in guild chat.
    It started with the mod patch
  • Options
    Plus the lag is annoying as well. Got to post just to get caught up.
  • Options
    Invisible textng.. happens to me too.

I get all 3 glitches,
    1: screen goes blank
    2: spaces in chat
    3: i cant see what im typing untill i push enter
  • gseth
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch!

This is happening to me also on Android N on the Pixel C Tablet as well as on Android 6 on the Nexus 9 Tablet.

I have a Nexus 6P mobile device (Android 6) and it works fine there.

The color of the chat text while typing is white, so you cannot see what you are typing. This bug came immediately after the first mod update.

• Options
    Same issues, NVidia shield K1 and S6 Edge, both Android.
  • Options
    Same on Galaxy Note 5
  • Options
    I'm on iOS and get the spacing and lag, but the text color is visible
  • Options
    Those who control the media and ability for people to communicate control the world.

Chat is just as jacked as everything else. I agree that it's way down the priority list.
  • Options
    I can't see my text when I type on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    The same here on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. I already posted this bug under "Bugs and Issues" 3 days ago but got no response from the devs so far:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/56403/text-i-actually-type-is-not-visible-in-guild-chat

@CG_Kozispoon, please fix the guild chat bugs as soon as possible, they are very frustrating.