Tenacity: Taunt vs Dispel

mutimloh
141 posts Member
I've seen multiple posts and couldn't really find a firm answer (hard to test with RNG), but can a taunter resist a dispel (not dodge the attack)? Does a higher tenacity increase the chance of resisting the dispel? In the case of a QGJ humbling blow, you'd get damage, but still be taunting, right? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Options
    Good question. All I can tell you is that I routinely use Ventress to dispel when Yoda buffs up his allies and it works almost always, even though they all have Yoda's tenacity buff. I think the trick is that tenacity resists application of negative effects, but dispel is removing positive effects so tenacity doesn't figure into the equation.
  • Options
    I've never seen dispel resisted. Only the attacked dodge, and then the dispel is dodged as well.
  • Options
    I've never seen dispel resisted. Only the attacked dodge, and then the dispel is dodged as well.

Pfft. Yesterday my St Han dodged an attack from QGJ and it killed him anyway. No, it wasn't the assist. Han went down before QGJ finished striking. Buncha hooey.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    I have not used ventress in a while but a month or so ago I have seen her dispel resisted, by Leia, sth, RG. No tenacity up.
  • mutimloh
    141 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. It seems like the community is divided on the answer. I've thrown a tenacity mod onto my STH just in case, but I'm not sure if it's doing anything...
  • Options
    im certain my sthan resisted sun fuker dispel. he got the minus crit chance debuff but his taunt was still there
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    EleNiggle wrote: »
    im certain my sthan resisted sun fuker dispel. he got the minus crit chance debuff but his taunt was still there

Some debuffs are applied even if the base attack misses. RG's stun used to be applied even through Foresight. It happens especially for new heroes/abilities. Maybe SF's attack missed but his debuff still applied.

Edit:I think this is unintended but CG somehow misses this every time they add something.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We may need to divide this into 2 classes because the dispell by itself (ventriss)might be able to be resisted but an attack (qgj)with dispell might not be able to be resisted

I'm not sure just want to make sure we are all talking about the same thing.
  • Options
    I don't know if Tenacity helps or not, but the tenacity stat says is helps prevent negative effects or something, a dispel would not be a negative effect, it just removes buffs

Seems like the dispel is only prevented by dodge
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    mutimloh wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. It seems like the community is divided on the answer. I've thrown a tenacity mod onto my STH just in case, but I'm not sure if it's doing anything...

Tenacity on an active taunter is a good idea anyway. I know I try to keep STH stunned, ability blocked, buff blocked till I am ready to deal with him.
    Now with all the RG and Anakin running around it is the more tenacity the better. I have my Sunfac at 81% and trying for more
  • Donkay
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Tenacity: Increases the chance to ward off detrimental effects.

The above is the in-game description of Tenacity. I've seen QGJ's HB do damage but not dispel a taunt many times. Assuming the description is actually accurate (many descriptions are vaguely worded) Tenacity doesn't just resists application of negative effects, it is actually warding off detrimental (definition: causing detriment, as loss or injury) effects and in this case preventing the loss of the positive effect: taunt.

I think Tenacity is working as intended but keep in mind that QGJ at max gear is 63% potency while the highest Tenacity from a tank that can taunt is RG at 38%. This is without mods so I think stacking Tenacity will help but taunts will be dispelled more often than not. My ST Han has +24% Tenacity on a Multiplexer Health Mod and his Tenacity is still only 57%. For Scuba to get 81% Tenacity on SF is dam good.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    @Donkay I got lucky with 100% drops and snagged a health cross with tenacity primary
  • Options
    Has anyone with a tencity mod in there taunt really seen a dispel not work when not running an Old Ben/Dooku lead?

Because I'm not sure I ever have seen QGJ's dispel not work unless it was dodged
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

Any chance we could get a confirmation on whether or not Tenacity helps resist Dispel of positive effects?
  • Donkay
    27 posts Member
    Options
    @scuba yup I got the same one.

@berimbolo I have (I run Phasma lead on my arena team), and noticed it a little more with the above mentioned mod on my ST Han but don't keep track of numbers so I have no solid data as proof but it passes the eye test.