Radio Silence

Prev13
I am completely baffled by the lack of any communication, even meaningless communication. You know your community is up in arms over the last week and not even an empty "We are looking at these issues, updates will be coming soon," form response. The weekend I can understand, but I would have expected someone up the food chain to issue damage control directives and start to pacify people with communication.

Replies

• Options
    Reading the forum Im still unclear where people stand, so i guess the majority dont know either. Some say whales got the best deals, whales say f2p people could now compete with them, where is our advantage. the mods are great, no matter if they stand like they are now or they are how they were at first. I think EA made a mistake buy giving too much credit to those who hated it, instead they should of just left them as they were.
    People are leaving, so what, come new star wars movie, there will be plenty back, maybe even players who want to play this game.
    Other problem is gw. cant really understand people who say dont come here crying if your team aint all that. well, if ya cant finish, guess yours aint either.
    credit crunch, well, in no game meant to be played by adults too are the goals optainable right now, you gotta make decisions. do you want to be the top dog on arena, make a team for that, u wanna go thru gw, well, larger roster. cant manage either, well, that sucks, maybe u gotta go learn something and come back with skills. bring your a-game on.
    thanks to ea, for great game but you gotta remember that if you guys have a vision what the game should be, let it be, dont let people intimidate and tell how it is run. we as players have to have same rules, set by the devs, not by the players who are on charge now.
    I really hope people who love this game, will reply, and give thanks and haters, well, you may say your piece too.

Regards PorMestari
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    After reading that, I have no idea what you're trying to relay to the rest of us.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    the game is good, ea is not evil, change is always hard. evolve or die. just giving a voice to the people who feel the game gave what they paid for. nowhere does it say that join the static galaxy where you never see changes.
  • Options
    and if there is a change, let the top players decide whats good for the game
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    PorMestari wrote: »
    the game is good, ea is not evil, change is always hard. evolve or die. just giving a voice to the people who feel the game gave what they paid for. nowhere does it say that join the static galaxy where you never see changes.

I really think you're missing the point as to why the player base is upset and leaving in droves then. I mean, yes, I understand your point but it's not just mods as to why people are angry with the state of the game right now.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    Aside from a few apologists and people who aren't bothered by horrible game design, the wide consensus is that the Devs have seriously damaged this game. People are fed up and leaving in droves.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I could explain, but I'd be.... Sensor arrayed
  • Options
    but thats the problem, i think devs dont know it either. whatever they do, there is people saying its too hard, too easy etc.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    but thats the problem, i think devs dont know it either. whatever they do, there is people saying its too hard, too easy etc.

This translates to "there are serious game balance issues."
  • Options
    id love to know what really is the problem. as there are people who have been playing a long time, but for some reason unknown to me, all is bad now. and by the way, gotta say that when in other thread they mentioned the drop of the goh in appstore, well, we shall not go the apple way this time but there is always controversy lying on that firms ethics. :-)
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I'll pm you when I get to a PC. Too long to type on phone and we can't speak about it publicly on this board
  • Options
    ok, thanks
  • Options
    the game is good, ea is not evil

Well.... I think they have a pretty good track record from not just this game that points to the fact that they are indeed evil.

• Options

The game is good. EA is not evil. His name is Robert Paulson. We don't need to see his identification.

• Options

Well.... I think they have a pretty good track record from not just this game that points to the fact that they are indeed evil.

;-) gotta say u r on something but lets not go to corporate level now. maybe this is the one that makes all evil seem well, worth it.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Reading the forum Im still unclear where people stand, so i guess the majority dont know either. Some say whales got the best deals, whales say f2p people could now compete with them, where is our advantage. the mods are great, no matter if they stand like they are now or they are how they were at first. I think EA made a mistake buy giving too much credit to those who hated it, instead they should of just left them as they were.
    People are leaving, so what, come new star wars movie, there will be plenty back, maybe even players who want to play this game.
    Other problem is gw. cant really understand people who say dont come here crying if your team aint all that. well, if ya cant finish, guess yours aint either.
    credit crunch, well, in no game meant to be played by adults too are the goals optainable right now, you gotta make decisions. do you want to be the top dog on arena, make a team for that, u wanna go thru gw, well, larger roster. cant manage either, well, that sucks, maybe u gotta go learn something and come back with skills. bring your a-game on.
    thanks to ea, for great game but you gotta remember that if you guys have a vision what the game should be, let it be, dont let people intimidate and tell how it is run. we as players have to have same rules, set by the devs, not by the players who are on charge now.
    I really hope people who love this game, will reply, and give thanks and haters, well, you may say your piece too.

Regards PorMestari
    Well, if the players didn't get a say in the game, there would be no players. :D I fail to see your point, as does @pac0naut. What has this come to pac0? Hahaha.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    @Dooku_for_days I have NO idea my man, NO IDEA. Everything was fine just a week ago!
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    @Dooku_for_days dang son, they got you in jail too?!?!?!
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    @PorMestari

Poor communication prior to a major update when they knew the update would be contentious (stated by a Dev).

Poor communication in general.

Atrocious game balance.

Patches create more issues than improvements. History of poor implementation.

General fun level of the game has dropped significantly compared to when I started playing (Jan)

Company is player unfriendly.

Relies on addiction and fanboyism for the game to survive. I think more would have left if not for sunk costs (not just money, but time), and the desperate but increasingly absurd hope that things will eventually get better. I think the player base is rapidly losing faith that this will happen.

Raid reward system.

Failure to fix bugs that are months old.

Credits slow the game down to a nearly unplayable level.

Some people have major problems in GW (this doesn't affect everyone, but it affects enough people to be an issue).

The list goes on, but there's a start.
  • Options
    [/quote]
    Well, if the players didn't get a say in the game, there would be no players. :D I fail to see your point, as does @pac0naut. What has this come to pac0? Hahaha.[/quote]

not saying players shouldnt have their say, just saying that i have no clue how many active players there are but i am pretty sure that the ones in here arent majority. maybe roll an update and ask do ya like mods do ya like what ever. and no login in before answer. then we have a clue. maybe im wrong and this rage is in order, but the reasons to leave being mods were powerfull are not, and for the other group we lost our mods power. u got me lost, maybe im just lost in translation.

• wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options

That's a ridiculous notion. Top players are not automatically good game designers.
  • Options

;-) gotta say u r on something but lets not go to corporate level now. maybe this is the one that makes all evil seem well, worth it.

Well they have acquired a reputation for price gouging and releasing half finished content and then rolling out what should have been included up front as extra money dlc. And I'm not even talking about this game.

• Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    @Dooku_for_days dang son, they got you in jail too?!?!?!
    Yep. :D. You'll love to see why. I'll DM it to you over on discord. What's you're username and number again?
  • Options
    wrilley wrote: »

That's a ridiculous notion. Top players are not automatically good game designers.

That is just what i meant. Outlining with that
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    wrilley wrote: »

That is just what i meant. Outlining with that

Did I misread that? Thought you were suggesting it. My bad if I did.
  • Options
    Well, if the players didn't get a say in the game, there would be no players. :D I fail to see your point, as does @pac0naut. What has this come to pac0? Hahaha.[/quote]

not saying players shouldnt have their say, just saying that i have no clue how many active players there are but i am pretty sure that the ones in here arent majority. maybe roll an update and ask do ya like mods do ya like what ever. and no login in before answer. then we have a clue. maybe im wrong and this rage is in order, but the reasons to leave being mods were powerfull are not, and for the other group we lost our mods power. u got me lost, maybe im just lost in translation.

[/quote]

Regards PorMestari[/quote]

Yep, you did say that.
  • Options
    Might be me as im not a native speaker. But all that ens well is just swell
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    @Dooku_for_days PM sent
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    I just don't understand why they don't give us what we want! They never do, they never listen unless it's effecting their sales.

Key example:

JEDI LUKE

Because they are in it for the money. That's the ace in the hole. And they are saving Jedi Luke for when they really need it.

How long did they wait for yoda? And it came out with Jedi money packs?

EA is evil. Make no mistake. They only care about your money. Which is understandable. It's a company, it needs to make money. Just call a spade a spade here.
This discussion has been closed.