GW - Question

Vodo
332 posts Member
edited January 2016
I just played my daily round of GW. The first five fights were all rather easy, I did good damage and rarely had to heal. Then fight #6. Phasma, Dooku, FOTP, Luke, Lumi & Talia, all 5-7 levels above my chars. Two of my toons died before my first turn . I retreated a few times but all my toons got killed. In the end it was Dooku with an red healthbar vs my epic 1 star lvl32 snowtrooper - guess who won:-(

I did complete my very first two GWs but since then couldn't finish any more. Usually it's somewhere between battles #8 and #11 that I face a team I can't beat but I never saw a team as strong as the one today so early in GW. I'm just lvl 48 yet but I already start loosing fun on doing GW cause it just seems completly unfair and random. And no, my chars are not that bad, in fact I think that I have a pretty solid team.
Post edited by FashionFett on

Replies

• Options
    I've done a lot of GW's but never faced a 6 toon team before, very odd.

Aside from Dooku that team you faced is not overly fast. What are you running squad wise?
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    LOL, sorry, it was either Lumi or Talia on the team, rather Lumi, but I'm not sure. My team was Phasma, Lumi (both 3 stars), Sidious, IG-86 and Old Daka (those 3 are 4 stars). All chars are lvl45 with gear lvl V/VI
  • Options
    GW I completed my first time through. After that I didn't complete another one until lvl 58.

It's part of the process. Chances are you will not complete anymore, or maybe you'll get lucky and finish 1 or 2 until you get a o high 50's
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Running into one tough team should not deter you. Its no big deat and It happens, even using retreat/force close you may not always conplete it and i almost guarantee you don't beat it with only your main 5 toons.

GW is much more of an endurance fight. Its more about how good your "B" and "C" teams are then your "A" team.

Hang in there an rethink your reserves. As you lvl up so does your competition meaning it is going to get harder and harder if your not keeping up and staying diverse
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Running into one tough team should not deter you. Its no big deat and It happens, even using retreat/force close you may not always conplete it and i almost guarantee you don't beat it with only your main 5 toons.

GW is much more of an endurance fight. Its more about how good your "B" and "C" teams are then your "A" team.

Hang in there an rethink your reserves. As you lvl up so does your competition meaning it is going to get harder and harder if your not keeping up and staying diverse

I personally use a more personal swap method of individual swaps instead of teams B and C but the goal is the same.

I have 2 suicide squads (low level ready to die) then a sniping squad to eliminate one threat, then retreat and finally my main squad of 8 heroes that rotate based on need. Only the top 8 are fully feared/leveled/trained.

But you need to have depth to your roster or GW will be an exercise in futility.
  • Options
    Well I stopped after you said you went against a team of 6. When you get your story straight, come on back.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Well I stopped after you said you went against a team of 6. When you get your story straight, come on back.

Lol
    Meesa thinkin hes a typo'n
  • Options
    It's only going to get worse as more people get FOTP.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options

I already wrote that it was just 5 ofc (it was either Talia or Lumi) but believe me, it felt like fighting 6.....or 7.....or 8, LOL

Thx to everybody else for the replies. So it gets easier with higher lvl? Still strange that I could finish my first two Wars (I didn't even know about the repeat button then!) and since then nada.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say that it gets easier as you get to higher level...even when I was around level 54 I would fight level 58-60 teams for my last couple battles. Now at level 60, at least the last 4-5 teams I face are normally all level 60 characters.

Overall, my advice would be the same as a few others - level up some good reserves...mostly those that can taunt or absorb some damage. I have my A team, plus 1 or 2 others that are fully leveled, or at least close to it. Then I have a couple higher health characters - Chewbacca, Savage, Royal Guard - who I throw in occasionally during later battles to absorb some of the damage - mostly when my timing is off and my skills aren't ready at the beginning of a battle.

Using this strategy I have completed every GW since my 3rd or 4th one, and almost never lose a character.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yesterday I fought against a lvl 58 team with 2 lvl 56, 2 lvl 54 and one lvl 52 character.
    Fight #10.
    I'm level 49.
    Now THAT was fun!
    Post edited by OwexBaill on
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    OwexBaill wrote: »
    Yesterday I fought against a lvl 58 team with 3 lvl 56, 2 lvl 54 and one lvl 52 character.

Either I have problems with basic maths or things have changed since yesterday, but I don't recall ever facing a SIX character team in GW...
  • Options
    Typo, I'm very sorry! 2 lvl 56 of course.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Typo, I'm very sorry! 2 lvl 56 of course.

;)

That's a pretty normal situation you're describing. I got to lvl 51 today, played GW yesterday at lvl 50. The first 5 or 6 matches were lvl 41-44 teams, then a few 45-47 and the last three were lvl 55-57, with the second last having two 6* purple characters (my best characters, Sid and Lumi, are 5* and gear V/VI). The last fight was relatively easy, with "only" lvl 55 characters. Yeah, it was fun...
  • Options
    I think it's quite odd that the following battles were easier.
    GW feels very random at times.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options

Actually, I thought that's how it's supposed to be. I'm pretty certain that in all the GW matches I played, the most difficult fight was usually between round 9 and 11, with the final fight still being difficult, but not as tough as the ones before it.
  • Options
    OK, then it's me being a n00b again.
    Haven't fought that much GWs yet, apologies.
    But that'd explain it!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

I once fought a very hard 11th, and then the 12th SAS a single coruscant cop, which I one shot. I still scratches my head. Must be a bug or glitch or something, every other fight I have seen has been vs full squads. I just shrugged and took my reward
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    OK, then it's me being a n00b again.

Heck no, you misunderstand! That was only an observation, not a statement of fact :) It might have been nothing but coincidence that my fights were arranged in this way. And since I'm only lvl 51, I haven't fought so many GWs either ;)