VS double taunt without QGJ

Nicol_Bolas
375 posts Member
edited July 2016
Say you have a team like Dooku, RG, Rey, Leia, GS, and you go against something like Old Ben, RG, STH, QGJ, Rey... what would your strategy be?

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    I don´t run your team, but you will have lots of trouble if your team is ability blocked and you have to run into ST Han. My method always worked for me, though i run other teams (Ani lead, QGJ lead, Phasma lead).
    1. All dmg on ST Han- get him down as much as you can before he taunts (in your case with Rey, GS n Pew Pew Pew). Maybe you can (best case) also stun him with RG.
    2. You couldnt kill him? No problem. Opponents OB uses Mind Tricks - now the fun part begins
    3. As you dealt lots of dmg to ST Han your opponents RG taunted, also his Han taunts now. Do not go for ST Han anymore, just focuse on RG - and i use basic abilities because of Offense Down on me. After Mind Tricks are gone (Ability Block and Off down) finish off his ST Han. Meanwhile try to stun his Rey or QGJ if possible.
    4. Yes, his Rey and QGJ are still alive. Normally i would kill his Rey, but she will also get more TM if i can´t hit her. That´s why i go for QGJ first, afterwards Rey.
    5. Only an old man left

Really difficult to tell you "the correct strategy" here, as all teams might be equipped totally different due to mods. Some ST Han´s might have a lot of speed, or some OB´s. But generally said: do not attack opponents Rey first, as she might get more n more TM ans slaughter you. Leave her until you are 4-2 for example. Chars like Dooku and Leia hitting ST Han several times (while he is in taunt mode) will give your opponents team lots of TM for every hit. Keep that in mind.
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Options
    Very good points, thanks!

The speedy STH with Old Ben is quite scary. He taunts early (right after Rey/Leia do their thing) and fills up Old Ben's TM, which then allows Old Ben to ability block everyone.
  • Options
    I'm going to stun Ben at all costs to try and keep mind tricks. The DPS is there to burn Han fast if not bogged down. If Dooku gets lucky and stuns Ben I'm going for the RG stun on Han, most times with them having Rey and Q RG will act before Han. Base wise Han has 16 more speed but Rey plus Q hitting someone will give RG over 30 speed added at 15% a pop.

While the above attack Han with all is great, here is the risk. He dodges he is taunting, Ben is not stunned and now you have Han taunted with you having ability block and offense down while Rey and Q pummel you. I like my odds of Dooku and RG stunning Ben then my starting on Han than I do Han getting that taunt up then Ben going mind tricks.

I do not use your team though. I run a no taunt no evade team. My rex renders Ben useless, except the lead and my DPS takes care of Han in short order.

One GW grinder I use is
    Dooku(l)
    GS
    Ashoka
    Lumi
    NI or 86(Using a droid build a lot now so NI replaced)

I always go Dooku stun on Ben first to stun. I see many double taunts there.

In arena I see them, not as much now with mods as people got a bit bolder. The guy down at 10 has one still. His build is facinating, after my payout I plan to drop so I can hit it. Lando(l) AA, Phasma, STH,RG

but yeah mate I'd go to stun Ben first. With Dooku he is the more easily stunned. That gives you a good several shots un hindered to burn Han.
  • Options
    Oh, forget to mention this, lol. Sure you wanna stun OB with Dooku first, As i said - all Rey,Leia,GS dmg on ST Han :D
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Options
    Kelthuzad wrote: »
    Oh, forget to mention this, lol. Sure you wanna stun OB with Dooku first, As i said - all Rey,Leia,GS dmg on ST Han :D

Teamwork mate,lol.
  • Options
    @DarthMasterShawn very interesting and very good team on my shard right now:
    88 lead, Lando, Ani, ST Han +X. Hurts a lot

• Options
    Omega 88 lead and pop in Vader can be massive Damage, vader so poor on D though.

Those are very wicked AOE's there. Honestly if I ran that I'd pop in Phasma too for more AOE, slow, the TM, and guaranteed Crit.

Actually I think I'll try that out tonight for a go or two.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If qgj pulls han, han might get TM and taunt early.
    If han dodges one of your attacks, he might taunt early.

One possible strategy is to attack Rey, first. If u manage to kill her, great. If u set off RG taunt, fine. At least u don't have to hit han when han taunts, for awhile, anyway.

Also, of course try to stun ben off the bat with force lightning.

Honestly, I wouldn't think u have a chance in hell of winning if u can't kill rey before han or RG taunt. Lacking any significant aoe or detaunter. Rey will make mince meat out of u.

Ideally u stun ben with dooku. U stun han with rg. And u manage to kill rey without triggering rg. That may work one out of 5.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    If qgj pulls han, han might get TM and taunt early.
    If han dodges one of your attacks, he might taunt early.

One possible strategy is to attack Rey, first. If u manage to kill her, great. If u set off RG taunt, fine. At least u don't have to hit han when han taunts, for awhile, anyway.

Also, of course try to stun ben off the bat with force lightning.

Honestly, I wouldn't think u have a chance in hell of winning if u can't kill rey before han or RG taunt. Lacking any significant aoe or detaunter. Rey will make mince meat out of u.

Ideally u stun ben with dooku. U stun han with rg. And u manage to kill rey without triggering rg. That may work one out of 5.

This. I try to kill Rey first before any taunt occurs otherwise you're stuck with STHan and RG while being pummeled by Rey. Ran into a similar team in GW node 10: QGJ (lead), RG, STHan, GS and Rey - all level 80 gear 9 and then some. Took a committee before I defeated that death squad.