Guild Raids - Balance Reward Payouts

Wolfborne
64 posts Member
edited July 2016
The current setup for guild raids is that the top players earn the best rewards. While I do understand that those that contribute more do deserve more, some players just can't afford to spend a fortune on an Android or iOS game. Because of that fact, some players will never be able to compete on a decent level or tackle the almighty heroic mode. Guilds work as a team to beat a raid, so I'd like to see the reward system reflect that.

My suggestion is to flat line the reward payouts across the board. If someone participated, then they get the same "basic" payout as the #1 player. This should include gear materials, crystals and credits.

If a player crosses a certain threshold of total damage done, then they start getting bonuses. Multiple players can receive the same bonus. This should be gear materials as well as a chance at full gear. For example:

Break 500k = bonus tier 1 (+10% chance at full gear)
Break 1 million = bonus tier 2 (+15% chance at full gear)
Break 2 million = bonus tier 3 (+20% chance at full gear)
Break 3 million = bonus tier 4 (+25% chance at full gear)
Break 4 million = bonus tier 5 (+30% chance at full gear)

To make this section worth wild, give the players options if they get the full gear bonus. Let them pick the piece they want/need. The full gear bonuses should reflect the tier. End game gear should not be given out at tier 1.

Then, to reward the strongest players in the raid, offer them placement bonuses on top of everything else:

Top spot = +250 crystals, +250,000 credits
2nd place = +200 crystals, +200,00 credits
3rd place = +150 crystals, +150,000 credits
4th place = +100 crystals, +100,00 credits
5th place = +50 crystals, +50,000 credits

This will not only streamline guild raid payouts, but it will still offer incentives to be the top 5 players. Only the final section for the top 5 player bonuses yields competition. Everything else is based on your personal contribution without having to compete against your guild mates.
Post edited by Wolfborne on