Google play - How to reset SWGOH account ?

Azalel
21 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hi,

As the title said, i want to reset my google play SWGOH account and restart from scratch on a new server.

Anyone knows how to do so ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• Options
    I'm looking for the same thing but on iOS
  • Options
    One easy way to do what you're trying to accomplish is to simply signout of Google Play and play as a guest. Basically lets you run 2 accounts from 1 phone.
  • Options
    Delete the game and the data maybe? I am not interested in trying it, but that has worked for me in other games.
  • Options
    I deleted it on iOS it did nothing (sorry to pollute this guy's post about Google play, but heh, it's still about account reset). I think I'll have to create whole new Apple ID just for that
  • Options
    Already tried the delete stuffs (game + data), didn't work as the account is probably stored in Google's servers.

I don't want to create a new google account just for that, i m playing on my phone, every app will be screwed, mail, others games etc...
  • MaceMazer
    126 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If I have both google play account and Apple ID account will I be able to have two separate SWGOH accounts? Barring mind I would need to play on two separate devices?
  • Options
    MaceMazer wrote: »
    If I have both google play account and Apple ID account will I be able to have two separate SWGOH accounts? Barring mind I would need to play on two separate devices?

Yes, but probably different servers.

I think the only way to create a new game instances that is associated with a Google acct is to create a new google account.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    Very disappointing that this seems to occur irrespective of linking the game to an account.

At least on Android (Bluestacks), I've not linked the game with Google and uninstalled the game. Then reinstalled it, because I wanted to start over. After reinstalling, and again not linking it with Google, I have the same game state pop up. I've even tried clearing the game cache and game data prior to uninstalling what the base APK installs, then restarting Android prior to reinstalling. Just as Azalel has experienced, the same guest account (which I don't want) pops up. Maddening.

I understand that I can create a new Google account to start a new game. Yes, create another Google account to manage for the sake of restarting a game. Is there not a better solution?

What gives? Is EA now syncing game data to my Google account despite intentionally not linking the two in-game?
  • Kronusz
    18 posts Member
    Options
    I am pretty disappointed that after trying the game for a few days that there is no way to reset my game. I wanted to start buying packs on a fresh game but I think it is silly to make an additional Google account just so I can spend money on the game. I will likely give the game a bad review because of this. Most of the fun was getting up to level... Give us a legitimate way to do that!
  • Options
    Not tested as don't want to delete my data but it says

Delete saved data from Saved Games
    You can delete your saved data for all games that use Saved Games. This will clear your data from all accounts.

On your mobile device, open Google Settings Google Settings.
    Near the top right, touch Menu Menu > Clear app data.
    Depending on your device, your Menu icon may look different.

Here's the link
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3129939?hl=en-GB

Unfortunately I can't test myself but worth a shot.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Sign out of Google play in game in the menu, then play on another Google account or as guest
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Make a new Gmail email/Account
  • Options
    They designed this feature poorly. The local account should have never been an option. What should have occurred is when you played first time, you should have been forced to login with your existing or new Google or Apple account.

If players then wanted to start over, they'd simply log out and login with new information in-game, not have to change your whole Play Store/iTunes Store information...
  • Options
    They designed this feature poorly. The local account should have never been an option. What should have occurred is when you played first time, you should have been forced to login with your existing or new Google or Apple account.

If players then wanted to start over, they'd simply log out and login with new information in-game, not have to change your whole Play Store/iTunes Store information...

It's not designed poorly at all. It works in the same way as most games (only speaking from android point of view) whether or not it forces or prompts you to log in with Google play the 1st time the same outcome could/would occur
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • trellent
    168 posts Member
    Options
    HopSolo wrote: »
    What gives? Is EA now syncing game data to my Google account despite intentionally not linking the two in-game?

My understanding is that if it is not linked, it associates the account with your device ID. This helps ensure that, so long as you're using the same device, you won't lose your account if you're forced to reinstall.
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Zargh wrote: »
    I'm looking for the same thing but on iOS
    @Zargh

You could probably do this (start a new Game Center linked SWGOH game) using the steps I listed for moving a guest account to Game Center.

The key difference would be after removing SWGOH from Game Center, in step 10, you choose "OK" instead of continue. That gets you a new game connected to your same Game Center profile.

Key word of warning, you probably won't ever be able to restore the original Game Center progress - i.e. you will never get your old game back.

I had to link my daughters guest account to her Game Center account, which had a lower level game already in progress. Just for clarity, she'd been playing as guest for a good while and when we needed to move her to a new device, she obviously wanted to keep her progress from the Guest game.

Okay, can't figure out how to link to that specific comment, so here are the steps:
    Just fixed this for my daughter.

You don't need a new Apple ID, it's much easier than that.

Backup your device for safety.

1- Close SWGOH.
    2- Open the Game Center app.
    3- Log-in if you haven't using your preferred iTunes account.
    4- Tap "Games" at the bottom.
    5- Find SWGOH in the list.
    6- Swipe left and choose "Delete".
    7- Do NOT uninstall SWGOH when prompted; choose "Cancel" instead.
    8- Leave Game Center logged in.
    9- Open SWGOH.
    10- When prompted, choose "Continue". (The message about level 0 and new games is confusingly stated).
    11- Your Guest game will now become your Game Center game on your original iTunes account.
    12- Stay logged in to Game Center and continue on as normal.

Hope this helps someone.

If you are trying to reset both your Game Center and local Guest game, go ahead and uninstall in step 7, then reinstall the game and proceed to play. If you're logged into Game Center when you open SWGOH, you get linked to your Apple ID, if not logged in, you get a Guest game. You can then switch between them by logging in/out of Game Center.

Don't know if that's by design, and I wouldn't count on it always working...don't spend money in a guest game if you want to be able to retrieve your game in case of device failure, upgrade, etc..
  • Options
    Azalel wrote: »
    Already tried the delete stuffs (game + data), didn't work as the account is probably stored in Google's servers.

I don't want to create a new google account just for that, i m playing on my phone, every app will be screwed, mail, others games etc...

You can create a new account for Google Play it won't mess with anything else on your phone.

Open Google play and go to manage accounts, then create an account. Once you've created the new play account log out of Google play on SWGOH then the next time you select sign in with Google play you'll see a list with both accounts. Choose the new one. This is also how you can switch between multiple accounts on Google play.
  • Options
    I've tried all these ways and removing game from storage without new apple id- still same account
  • Options
    One reason for me is because I'm Mol Eliza and there's a bunch of other Mol Elizas lol
This discussion has been closed.