Here's a big part of why the credit crunch is real...

Geddre
224 posts Member
Because CG in their continuing lack of basic logic can't understand that introducing a new mechanism that greatly increases the need for credits - one that is meant to be slowly developed starting at level 50, but is thrust upon a bunch of level 80s - is a recipe for massive frustration.

Those few of you who don't think there's a credit crunch... understand this. Even CG fully admits they've created a huge credit crunch by the simple fact that they are NOT penalizing players who are just now reaching level 50 with some kind of reduced credit penalty. That's effectively what they are doing to each if us that reached any level past 50 before mods were introduced.

Also to that point, they've balanced mod drop rates for a player leveling up now... not players who have been level 50 for half a year. CG needs to award massive amounts of credits and mods, increased by player level, to make up for not giving us the chance to collect these items naturally as we leveled.

Replies

• Options
    Agreed.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    They posted some jobs on the forums. Now's your chance to stand up or shut up!!
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Eh. It was a crunch for a about a week. Then I realized trying to farm 5* mods was fairly pointless. Now I'm just sticking to the low end mods and have finished spending millions on several of the 5* ones I already at the beginning. I've started to rebuild my coffers and don't really have much to spend on until I can get the shards for a few of the characters I'm working on.

If you want everything now, you will feel the pain. I honestly don't mind working within the constraints at the moment. At least not once I stepped back to reevaluate what they gave us.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    I understand the frustration but no chance they will resolve the credit crunch because they want people buying credits simple as that.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    Eh. It was a crunch for a about a week. Then I realized trying to farm 5* mods was fairly pointless. Now I'm just sticking to the low end mods and have finished spending millions on several of the 5* ones I already at the beginning. I've started to rebuild my coffers and don't really have much to spend on until I can get the shards for a few of the characters I'm working on.

If you want everything now, you will feel the pain. I honestly don't mind working within the constraints at the moment. At least not once I stepped back to reevaluate what they gave us.

I have done the same. Which means either the credit crunch is real, or mods are a failure.

Either way is bad, imo.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »

I have done the same. Which means either the credit crunch is real, or mods are a failure.

Either way is bad, imo.

It's both. The mods were implemented very poorly and the fix didn't do much overall. They've also stretched resources ever further without providing much in addition to gain them through game content. They gave a slightly boost in credits through GW at a cost of much more difficulty and zero ways to gain more cantina energy or crystals.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Mods are why there's a credit crunch.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Mods are why there's a credit crunch.

There has been credit issues waaaay before mods were around.. mods just made it worse