Hello! Advice needed!

Hello everyone my name is Kaytub and I have been playing GoH and am excited to see there is an active forum! So Ive been playing this game for about a full month and a half now and peeping through discussions here I have noticed I have been doing some things wrong and also would like some tips in other areas as well

First off I have been spending most of my (if not all of my) shards on chromium packs in hopes that I strike it big with a good pull but everywhere I read it says not to buy those and instead spend crystals on energy so I would love some depth on that and why it works.

Another thing is I still have Chewbacca on my team and it seems like nobody else in the forum does so I was wondering if I should drop him or what. He is already a 6* by now but if there is a better addition instead of him feel free to tell me.

Finally I would love some advice on farming characters considering the only easy way I can see is from the Cantina battles but I only seem to have a few people I can farm from it.

Thank you all! Lookin forward to posting more here.

Replies

• Options
    Hello Kaytub, welcome to the forums!

Generally people suggest using your crystals on energy because many good characters can be farmed from hard nodes and cantina battles. Chromium packs can give you good characters, but they can also just throw a bunch of shards at you that you will never use.

Chewbacca's not a terrible character, and it is kind of nice to have him at a strong level. It's just that there's many heroes that are stronger than him in this game. You should be able to farm shards not just from cantina battles, but also from arena shipments and from GW. Even if you don't think your squad is strong enough to be great in the arena, it's not that hard to get in the top 500 or so. Go ahead and work at it, because you can farm some powerful characters with those arena points.

There's plenty of guides here regarding GW, I'd suggest taking a peek at them as there are elements of GW that are not immediately apparent.
  • Options
    Up until about level 40 I funnelled my crystals into chromium, (only buy 4 or 8 packs) after that I focused on promoting Sid/Lumi/JC... Dropped JC at 4 star as I only use him Occasionally in GW. Figured out what team I wanted then went for gear and shards.

Chewie is ok as a starter taunt, but terrible in pvp. I saw chewie leaders in the 200s rank and I'd always auto pick for an easy win. If you want a taunter I'd suggest Poe.

Keep reading forums to plan your next characters to level.

Lastly have fun, it's a game, enjoy it