How to tell when Critical Chance Mod Set Bonus is better than Critical Damage Mod Set Bonus

StormTro0p3R_H
1643 posts Member
edited July 2016
Okay, now I think this is all of them, and this one was the simplest:

CriticalChance < CriticalDamage / 3

If your CriticalChance is less than your CriticalDamage/3, then it's better to use Critical Chance Mods.

So if your critical chance is "low" it's better to boost CriticalChance than CriticalDamage. It was a no-brainer, I know, but now we've done the math to show it.

It's been fun working on these, I hope they are helpful. I may wrap them all up into one thread but for now you can get to the others by clicking my avatar and checking out the other discussions.
Post edited by StormTro0p3R_H on

Replies

• Skirata
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Is this CriticalDamage the 150%+modifiers, or just modifiers, StormTro0p3R_H? Example, please?
  • Options
    What would be really useful would be a simple spreadsheet
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Skirata wrote: »
    Is this CriticalDamage the 150%+modifiers, or just modifiers, StormTro0p3R_H? Example, please?

Both of these are numbers with any modifiers included. So if I have two critical chance mods on already, and one has a primary +12% critical chance and the combination of secondary crit damage bonus is +5%, it would look like:

BaseCriticalChance + .17 = CriticalChance

and

BaseCriticalDamage + .05 = CriticalDamage

What would be really useful would be a simple spreadsheet

I agree. Maybe with some time this weekend I can make that happen. We'll see.

• Options

So if your critical chance is "low" it's better to boost CriticalChance than CriticalDamage. It was a no-brainer, I know, but now we've done the math to show it.

It's been fun working on these, I hope they are helpful. I may wrap them all up into one thread but for now you can get to the others by clicking my avatar and checking out the other discussions.

i read over again and couldn't see any hint of "how to tell..." almost a good post !
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Or maybe the devs could implement it in game? With something like a power rating or mod effectiveness rating that we could see before we equip or a mod suggestion pane for each character.
  • Options
    Drekulviin wrote: »

i read over again and couldn't see any hint of "how to tell..." almost a good post !

Added it in. Good observation.
  • Options
    and base is 150% critic damage for (i think) every chars... critic chance is always lower than damage
    For Leia it is good to have Damage
    For Lando i would say Chance to make sure he crit enough to reset cooldown on his special
  • Options
    Drekulviin wrote: »
    and base is 150% critic damage for (i think) every chars... critic chance is always lower than damage
    For Leia it is good to have Damage
    For Lando i would say Chance to make sure he crit enough to reset cooldown on his special

The BaseCriticalDamage is always 1.5, but there are the other mod bonuses to consider and also some characters boost their own critical damage or critical chance.