Tank advice

Astateofmind
160 posts Member
edited July 2016
So,I have a pretty bland team of easy to get characters: IGD leader, Lumi, JC and Ashoka. I have to admit it's pretty bad **** with STH as tank at this level (69). All toons are modded with 5* more likely random mods than perfect mods.

My question is: should I stick with STH or try to raise RG or Sun Fac? Which one would be the best with my main team? I would love a Jedi tank that can taunt but I don't see that happening ...

Replies

• Options
    STH is an excellent tank, but he needs to be 7-stars and gear 11 to really shine. Otherwise as you've noticed, he's very squishy for a tank. Some teams may call for different situations, so having RG around as an option would be good too. SunFac is cool but you need the ability to invest in packs to make him 7-stars or it's not worth it.
  • Options
    Get RG as your #1 tank (as long as you already have a disleller) followed by Sun Fac and then STH.

If you're not using a dispeller in the group (i.e Echo, QGJ) then Sun Fac is the superior tank and he fills several rolls.

Just keep in mind Sun Fac is slow and easy to stun so you have to have the right squad to really make him shine.
  • Options
    RG > STHAN

RG will trigger his taunt at crucial times. People will need to one hit your other characters. He also becomes viable at around 5-6* and gear VIII up. With mods he's usable much early on. He also stuns for an effin 80% chance!

STHAN on the other hand = slow, needs to be fully geared, taunt with cooldown at 6 turns if Im not mistaken.

In arena, after dispelling STHAN, I ignore him and massacre everyone. RG on the other hand is a constant sponge until you kill him.

Sunfac is a difficult farm and IMO may be better than these two with his dispel, but RG is gold.
  • Options
    @Astateofmind
    I am on a day 1 server. I run 2 tanks in my arena lineup. And stay inside the top 30. I run RG and 5s. My 5s is maxed...fully...gear,mods,abilities, and an Omega on his basic. I run an Anakin lead. Earlier today in the arena, 5s was all that was left on my lineup. My opposition had maxed Phasma, maxed QGJ, and maxed Old Ben... They all had full energy and protection... 5s beat them.

Everyone forgets 5s when talking about tanks. With the right mods he can get 40% potency, as much health and protection as RG, he can crit for over 6k. He can also have the speed of Rey with the right mod (there is a health mod with +30 speed.) With an Omega, he attacks twice with speed down... He is an absolute STUD.

I for one don't understand the love for STHan. He poses absolutely no threat to me.
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    Options
    +1 for 5s

If you want something outside the box, try Chief Nebit. He doesn't have specific Jedi synergy, but reducing cooldowns is a nice perk to go with taunt.
  • Options
    Nebit's cool down only works for droids and jawa's. He would be the next Rey if his cooldown worked for everyone lol
  • Options
    Royal Guard- everytime.
  • Options
    5s is a hell of a toon, he just has no taunt. So he more of a neo-tank. His greatest asset ist his ability to scare away ppl in the first place.

StH is a bit tricky. He is ultra-gearhungry, but when maxed he provides VERY solid TMG and TMR for your team, providing lots of extra-attacks. Imho viable only in a rebel, AA-lead team.

RG is a safe bet, good stunner, kicks in whenever needed.

Sun Fac is da bomb, but not easily farmble.
  • Merkaba70
    26 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    is. 6* sunfac usable? im not interested in the 8000 crystals needed to get him to 7* any time soon.

also im finding some fun with Chief chirpa plus rg. that 15% max heal per turn is annoying with rg anf whomever rg proced his taunt off of

but it doesnt seem all that useful given the solid dps out there
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    If you're in a newer shard 6* is ok, might pick up a shard of him in shipments when you see him there occasionally. I personally love RG but so does everyone. I don't agree that ST Han is viable in only AA team, he's crazy with the Ben lead combo and others too
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    If you're in a newer shard 6* is ok, might pick up a shard of him in shipments when you see him there occasionally. I personally love RG but so does everyone. I don't agree that ST Han is viable in only AA team, he's crazy with the Ben lead combo and others too

I'd almost argue the less Rebels in an AA team the better so Leia can tee-off on folks. Whenever I use the AA, Leia, Rey combo I actually roll with RG and SunFac so I have somebody to clear taunts. SunFac is a good tank but he's really slow and easy to CC. If you get him, try and get big Tenacity Mods on him if you can manage.
  • Options
    Ok, looks like i'll keep ST for a while and raise QGJ as to have a full jedi team that might kick ****. Meanwhile slowly raising RG and jawas.

So far the biggest problem i had today at node 12 with a droid team that kicked my **** several resets.