Gear displaying wrong for GW and Arena

I have noticed in both GW and Arena today that the circle appearing around the character is blue indicating gear 6 and when I click in to the battle, the characters all have large protection bars and loads of health indicating that they are at least gear 7 but most likely higher. This circle should be purple with correct indentation for gear levels. This seemed to be an issue in GW today as all my battles had larger health and protection than normal once battle had begun. Today was the first day ever that I've lost GW and I went through over 70 decently geared toons. This can't be right?
I know GW has been made harder recently but I've still been able to beat it every day with 4-5 teams, 30 characters max. How could I go through 70 toons and lose? I think there is a bug with the gear levels.
Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    Actually I think I've just worked this out that it's probably mods giving protection and higher health even to lower G6 toons. Ok... not liking that... anyway...

But one other thing. In Arena, when you tap on the toon to see their stats then come back out, suddenly there's a different line up. There's no way to check what mods you are going up against. You should return to the team you tapped into. That way you can check what's coming.