Vader vs Sidious

So just got both characters this morning. Pretty happy with that, but my issue is who is more valuable in a team? Who should I level up first? What's your opinions on them so I can get stuck into leveling, not got enough training droids to do both at the same time!

Replies

• Options
    Sid
  • Options
    Sid is easy to star up so he would be best.
    Sid's "Anti healing" debuff is a great starter for any fight.
    Azzazzimon
  • Options
    Sid for now, but Vader will overthrow Palpatine eventualy when Vader can get promoted once or twice.

Seriously though, how is the "emperor" of the Empire not an empire hero? Imagine if Sid could use Vader's leader :o
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Sidious by far provides much more utility currently...

To get the most out of vader you need to have a team that puts down a lot of debuffs... That's when culling blade comes into his own...

Sidious doesn't really depend on anyone and will quite happily fit into any team and perform optimally... Vader won't.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Skye wrote: »
    Sidious by far provides much more utility currently...

To get the most out of vader you need to have a team that puts down a lot of debuffs... That's when culling blade comes into his own...

Sidious doesn't really depend on anyone and will quite happily fit into any team and perform optimally... Vader won't.

I am fairly new with him, but Vader himself can defuff somebody three different ways, with his basic and force choke each possibly putting two (does DoT two rounds count as two debuffs for his Culling ability?) debuffs on a target, no?
  • Cant_Deny
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    I am fairly new with him, but Vader himself can defuff somebody three different ways, with his basic and force choke each possibly putting two (does DoT two rounds count as two debuffs for his Culling ability?) debuffs on a target, no?

That's right, any debuffs (ability block, offence down, speed down, DoT's) count towards culling. Can be devastating on a crit as well. Sid as leader to increase that chance is ideal.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Sid for now, but Vader will overthrow Palpatine eventualy when Vader can get promoted once or twice.

Seriously though, how is the "emperor" of the Empire not an empire hero? Imagine if Sid could use Vader's leader :o

This version is pre-empire. Just like current in game Luke is not a Jedi yet