Raid Rewards Randomness Question

I'm looking for some feedback, preferably from folks who typically hold or get these same positions frequently.

For the last 4 raids I've placed in either #7 or #8, and I have had identical rewards come back. Always 40 Mark 7 Nubian Scanners (I'm sitting on close to 200 now) and 16 of those MK 4 Carbanti items.

Every time. Not an exaggeration.

Yeah, Nubians are awesome, I get it...but I need many other items.

So here's my question. It would seem this whole alleged random raid rewards thing may not be true....or maybe it's not true if you are at a certain spot. Can anyone else confirm if they receive the same rewards at Rank 7 or 8?

Or if they routinely hold the same rank wherever, and tend to get the exact same rewards?
Porgatory demands fresh souls.

Replies

• Options
    I'm looking for some feedback, preferably from folks who typically hold or get these same positions frequently.

For the last 4 raids I've placed in either #7 or #8, and I have had identical rewards come back. Always 40 Mark 7 Nubian Scanners (I'm sitting on close to 200 now) and 16 of those MK 4 Carbanti items.

So here's my question. It would seem this whole alleged random raid rewards thing may not be true....or maybe it's not true if you are at a certain spot. Can anyone else confirm if they receive the same rewards at Rank 7 or 8?

Or if they routinely hold the same rank wherever, and tend to get the exact same rewards?
    It's RNG you pillock. Look in the crates. That's what you can get.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Back off the insults, mate. I fully understand RNG.

I think you must be missing my point. Read it again. RNG may be broken at this rank level because that's extremely unlikely to get the same bloody rewards 4 times in a row with all that loot available, don'tchathinkmaybe?
  • Options
    Just bad luck more than likely.
    Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • Options
    No...not bad luck...there is definitely some formula that increases your chances of getting raid gear that you have an abundance of. I received furnace salvage 11 raids in a row, always placed in the top 5.
  • Options

Same rank and same scanners:). Luckily i needed them but it was starting to get old. I placed 5 yesterday and finally got some furnaces. Probably we are being paranoid but its good to hear somebody else in the same position is getting scannered out:). I put one on maxed ben and maxed daka just to get potency
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    There is a 1/64 chance of getting the same raid gear for 4 raids in a row (assuming that the 4 types drop equally likely).

Explanation: first raid get a certain gear type. second raid 1/4 chance of getting same. 3rd raid 1/4 chance of getting same. 4th raid 1/4 chance of getting same. total probability = 1/4 * 1/4 *1/4 = 1/64

Hence your situation is actually not that unlikely. In fact it would be very unlikely if someone in your guild didn't get the same items 4 raids in a row (i'll spare you the mathematics but it is true).
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Its the mk4 carbanti sensor array that the rng gods deem fit to bestow upon me most consistently. I've received 2 in full and enough salvage for a third + half. Pity I don't have anyone to equip them on yet.
  • Options
    Just completed our next raid since I posted this. Guess what I got in rewards for the 5th raid in a row?

Yup. I can't make this up. Seriously. RNG...screw that. I need some TP for this...achem.

Can I please, pretty pretty please get a furnace or cuffs or hair dryer or stun gun or something else besides these Nubians and Carbantis?
  • Options
    Here are my statistics. 43 raids done. 1 was droid caller salvage, 3 nubian tech salvage, 11 scanner salvage/full, rest furnaces.
  • Options
    Yikes!
  • Options
    I was doing good for a long time. Top 10 and always received a variety of raid rewards. It only just started going wonky and stagnant 5 raids ago.