Empire Team troubles

So I got Vader a while back and wanted to start one up. So far I have 4* Moff, 4* Vader, 4* Stormtrooper, 5* Royal Guard and a 4* Snowtrooper. I've been throwing in Sidious for his obvious perks but the empire roots don't seem to be effective enough.

Any tips to make this team a real threat? I don't want to conform to the crit teams or the healers/aggro teams. I do plan on spending money on this game (already have) but that won't be for a little while.

Replies

• Options
    That team seems like it lacks MAJOR dps.
  • Options
    The empire synergy works better if you had General Veers because he could also cause ability block and speed down. Also in my opinion get rid of the Royal Guard while the defense up is helpful its main attack is very weak and the offense boost it gets from Vader still doesn't make it worth it to fill up a roster spot.
  • Options
    Team sounds exciting and fun but I don't know how viable it would be due to lack of damage, it might do alright if they were 7 stars, but any team can do alright if they are all 7 stars and that team would be nearly impossible to do that, Vader is the strongest in the team and he can only go to 5 stars currently. I'd do a first order team personally if you are going for a theme, because a first order lineup is definitely viable.
  • Options
    Yeah and I could toss in 5's and Fisto for extra hits, is Veers a chromium exclusive?
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Really hard to star most of those guys up.
    Vader is a non-starter, you can only get to 5* right now, and only through achievements, Moff Tarkin is Chromium only, and snowtrooper is only farmable on level 7 and 8 hard nodes.

I have Snowtrooper at 5* through a series of lucky Bronzium drops and he has interesting possibilities, I like his basic attack with ability block, the turn meter gain unique skill and the AoE with buff on finishing blow but so far I'm only using him as a second stringer in GW. He's kind of slow and I only have him at level 3 ability plus he's only level 43 (I'm 60) but it's getting harder to justify the credits and Training droids to keep leveling him since I have other priorities ATM .
    23hvsoy.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Leia looks like she could be a beast in a multi-hit crew. I'm thinking Phasma, First Order Tie Pilot, Fisto, Leia/5's and First Order Storm Trooper
  • Options
    Be prepared to pay big money for chromium characters like leia, unfortunately availability trumps everything else so you should build characters that have an easy source of shards
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I'd use Tarkin as leader. Speed boost is definitely the best leader skill around imo.

Empire has a lot of turn meter manipulation going for it. I think an Empire team can work very well in the present meta.

DON'T take out ERG! That card is very useful once it gets the skill to increase it's turn meter whenever Empire units are damaged. It can dish out attacks pretty much all the time if all your cards are Empire.

If you by luck get Veers he could be good even though he's more tailored against Rebels, which is a rare unit type. Snow trooper, ERG, Tarkin, Vader and Stormtrooper should be decent together I think. But you gotta keep building them.
  • Options
    Building them is the hard part, he's got a chromium only toon, an achievement only toon and one whose farming nodes aren't unlocked yet.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Empire lacks alpha-strike damage potential but is a lot of fun to toy around with. Difficult to star, though. I've tried this team: Tarkin (leader), Veers, Vader, Snowtrooper, Royal Guard. Geared to blue except Tarkin, who is maxed out. They do surprisingly well but you definitely miss both a healer of your own and a way to punch through the enemy's. I'm debating unlocking the Stormtrooper, but I'm not sure who he'd replace because I think the turn meter the Royal Guard provides the team is necessary for it to function.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    Yeah and the Stormtrooper has pretty terrible health for being a tank. I'd just swap him out for a good healer like Luminara or Barris Offee.