Anakin as Non-Leader?

Zooey
1607 posts Member
Has anyone had success with JKA in a non-leader role, for his offense up and counter attacks? I'm trying to determine whether he'll be good or not in my Ackbar Leia squad in place of QGJ.

Replies

• Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    Options
    He's 'OK', but I run him as lead. He doesn't have a debuff like QGJ, so unless the AI gets to the tank ahead of the taunt, on defence you'll get stuck on the taunt. The AI opens with his special on defence.

I find if you play around with the relative speed of your squad you can have fun. I run JKA, Rex, Rey and others. Fastest is JKA with mods, speed 200, who does his AoE, gives offence up and then Rey, speed 199, hits hard. 3rd fastest is Rex, speed 195, who clears the expose if needed and gives tenacity and TM. This still works if JKA is not lead. So on your squad you could have offence up ahead of Leia kicking in with the right squad, but watch out for ackbar as he may try to clear the JKA expose instead.. Non lead he hits around 6-7k, but as lead with the various buffs he can hit 12k and aoe around 10k.

Xio
  • Options
    I have yet to run JKA in the lead. It is always Fisto or Princess L in the lead for the lights and jedi teams. PL as a lead means JKA's offense up is very likely to proc. Throw in Ayla Secura, and Fisto, and wow, will you see counters'.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Haldol wrote: »
    I have yet to run JKA in the lead. It is always Fisto or Princess L in the lead for the lights and jedi teams. PL as a lead means JKA's offense up is very likely to proc. Throw in Ayla Secura, and Fisto, and wow, will you see counters'.

Leia's leadership ability doesn't apply to Anakin. And I'm talking about arena anyways.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I've recently been running Old Ben (L), Anakin, Rey and both Han Solos...

Anakin fits well into the group for ability block on tanks, offense up and solid damage (this team is fantastic btw)
  • Options
    I run Lando lead with JKA backup. Seems to work fine, Lando increase speed and crit damage. 2nd hit with Landos aoe below, will do 20k+ on everyone for 3rd hit.
    11v622v.png
  • Options
    194-243-696 if you need an extra ally. Post your screen name on here and I'll accept if you send a request.
  • Options
    Its possible! See:

Lando (L)
    JKA
    ST Han
    Sun Fac
    EP
  • Options
    I like him as non lead, the righteous fury AOE's pack quite a punch, and he gives offense up and lands buff immunity on occasion. A solid dps w quite a bit of health. Currently running
    Palps (L)
    Ani
    Lando
    SF
    RG
  • TrevorTheWookie
    207 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Anakin is amazing in any team line up. Lead or non lead. Dude is a beast
    Post edited by TrevorTheWookie on
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Has anyone had success with JKA in a non-leader role, for his offense up and counter attacks? I'm trying to determine whether he'll be good or not in my Ackbar Leia squad in place of QGJ.

I run Wedge (L), Biggs, Anakin, Han, Lando most of the time now and Anakin is pretty great despite not leading. He does good damage, both single and AOE, and his buff blocking lands often enough. Plus because I have a squishy team, he gets lots of extra attacks when they get hurt or die.

I've also had success with Anakin in an Ima(l) team, and some other variants.

A particularly nasty team on my shard uses either Lando or 88 in the lead with Anakin.

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Rex, Ani, Sarge, Sun, 5555 holds me top 10. The extra TM gain from Rex lead has Ani going quite often
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Ani under Rex, Ani under Emperor, Ani under Ima Gundi w/ Aayla and Kit...all great ways for him to fit in.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the necro guys, but it's pretty clear to me now that Anakin is strong enough to fit in almost any composition.
  • 6The6Bull6
    647 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I just maxed out jka last night and tried him in my rebels team in GW. Ackbar, Leia, STH, lando jka. I modded speeds to ensure this turn order Leia(204+25), jka(206), STH (180+25), AA (160+25), and lando (159+25). I wanted lando have a chance for crit up, offense up and tactical genius on his turn. I need to slow lando down a little because after STH taunts ackbar and lando tie for 100% tm, which messes up my plan. The team overall is great.

Edit. I am going to take this team to the arena but I am currently position locked by my fellow guildies.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    I just maxed out jka last night and tried him in my rebels team in GW. Ackbar, Leia, STH, lando jka. I modded speeds to ensure this turn order Leia(204+25), jka(206), STH (180+25), AA (160+25), and lando (159+25). I wanted lando have a chance for crit up, offense up and tactical genius on his turn. I need to slow lando down a little because after STH taunts ackbar and lando tie for 100% tm, which messes up my plan. The team overall is great.

Edit. I am going to take this team to the arena but I am currently position locked by my fellow guildies.

Do keep in mind though that Leia stealthing first turn on defense will mess up your turn order a lot if she calls AA or STH and their TM gain procs.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »

Do keep in mind though that Leia stealthing first turn on defense will mess up your turn order a lot if she calls AA or STH and their TM gain procs.

Yes I am aware. I have been watching lots of battles in auto and worst case scenario ackbar uses TG, second worst scenario STH using it. If jka uses to its not so terrible. This will be the first arena day with this so time will tell.