Better management tools for guild leaders are needed!

DeMoJsa
196 posts Member
edited July 2016
I know Mods, GW, Cred Crunch, Toon Bugs, etc are all the hot topics right now, but I would like to start a thread to focus more attention on the inadequate tools guild leaders have for managing their guilds. If you're a guild leader and would like to see better options to manage your guild, please comment or +1 this so we can keep it on the dev's radar!

I understand this game didn't start out with a guild system in mind, but the addition of guilds added a new dimension to the game and made it a lot more fun. After starting my guild, I noticed the management system was pretty bare bones, but I could live with it. I ended up making my own spreadsheet to better track member contributions so I could weed out inactive and non-contributing members. I figured better options for management would be created later on. However, after the Mod update, the management tools became considerably worse.

I used to be able to weed out inactive players in my guild by checking the Weekly Coin Contribution stat list each week and boot members who fell below the guild weekly minimum. The Weekly list has been replaced with a Daily list. Cool... I have no problem with adding daily list. But why get rid of the Weekly?! I can't decide who needs to be cut or not based on daily numbers. While the Daily list isn't useless (especially if you are a micro-managing guild leader), it is FAR less useful than the Weekly lists. This game basically runs on a weekly cycle. We NEED weekly lists!

Also, there is NO metric to track raid damage or victory position for guild members. And now the Previous Contributions for raids can no longer be viewed after the raid cooldown period. It really helps to know who the top performers are and who is slacking in the raids. But now I can't even update my own metrics that I had to create in Excel unless I sit around and wait for the raid to end so I can copy down the results in the hour long cooldown period. Not very convenient...

All of the above is making the role of guild leader more tedious and less fun. It's starting to feel like a part-time job... and I'm not getting paid.

I do want to say that the gear exchange system was executed extremely well, so kudos for that!

Here are some positive changes that could be implemented for the guild management system (compiled from this thread below):

-Bring back the Weekly list (for the reasons above).
-Add an average victory position list or at least make previous raid contributions viewable again.
-Add an average raid damage per attempt list that is averaged over the last X number of raids.
-Add a weekly guild daily activity list that tracks average rank in guild DAs or at least a count of the number of DAs a member did not participate for the week.
-Add a minimum contribution threshold for leaders to set that will flag a member for not making a weekly (or daily) GBC, DA, GC, etc contribution.
-Add a function for guild members to set themselves on "inactive" status and a short note for a reason why. Because of the limits of guild chat, "time off" requests might get missed.
-Add different ranks (more than just officer) or groups within the guild that are assignable to different phases of the raid or a raid battle order.
-Add a Guild Message of the Day banner.
-Leader/officer only chat group.
-Add direct messaging.
-Make other guild rosters viewable.
-Slightly off topic, but add an arena win/loss percentage. Might be useful when recruiting.
-Add history of previous week/day to lists.

Post edited by DeMoJsa on

Replies

• Options
    +1 for sure.
    Guild chat needs tweaking. I know many use line or other apps, but an in game chat would be great.

Weekly stats are huge. I don't understand why these were taken away.

A flag system for meeting daily / weekly minimums would be fantastic.

A way for members to list themselves as "inactive" for a short period of time is a great idea. As long as there is a spot to have a reason why. Guild chat is is to limiting right now and many of these messages get missed.

A spot for leaders and officers to chat privately would be nice.

A spot for leaders to pin a post for all members to see. Like a file that doesn't go away for "X" amount of time or until the leader takes it down type of thing.
  • Dgreaser
    218 posts Member
    Options
    +1 nailed it.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    also...why in the name of Mandalore can we NOT view other guilds!
  • cyberyul
    14 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Very good post OP, I agree with all the points.

Additionally, I would love to see stats on number of attempts and damage per attempt per player in raids. Most of these stats should be very easy to implement.

The "inactive player" option would be great as well.

• Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    Options
    I'd love a way to assign members to different positions other than member or officer to designate which phases of the raid people are expected to contribute to.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Remorhaz wrote: »
    I'd love a way to assign members to different positions other than member or officer to designate which phases of the raid people are expected to contribute to.

+1
  • Options
    Great post.

Managing our guild has become impossible without the Weekly tabs. Only way to see who is contributing or not is to either log in right at reset or track every single players lifetime contribution every few days.

I simply don't have the time.

Also, need to change the GBC contribution reset to not align with the guild activity reset.

We're missing out on raids and daily activity guild currency because of it. Not just a little decrease, it's very substantial.
  • CovenTars
    6 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This is SO true!

Even better than using dev resorces on this: Could we please, please, pretty please with sugar on top get an api with live game data? All the things stated above (minus improvements to chat/im) could be solved in one afternoon if you you opened up the data streams and allowed the countless geeks interested in this game to develop the tools to utilize said data.

We get warm happy cozy feeling, you save time and money. Everybody wins! Eh? Come on EA/CG, I know you want to!

Edit: I just wanted to add that I would even consider to PAY for this if the price was symbolic...
  • Options
    Definitely +1!

I would also like to added a Guild Message of the Day banner. So guild officers can post important announcements like "T6 Raid 8PM Tonight" that would pop up when a member log in.

Regards,

Drobotix
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    All these would be helpful
  • Options
    I would an option to shut guild chat off completely.......
  • Options
    Im not a leader but im an officer so +1 to all of this from me
  • Options
    Total +1

I started a thread a couple days ago about losing the weekly coin list. Super annoying.

Love the average raid contribution. I don't care about rank as much as I do damage.
  • Options
    Total +1
  • DeMoJsa
    196 posts Member
    Options
    These are some really great ideas, guys! I'll compile them all in the original post. Hopefully, @EA_Jesse will see it and direct it to the right people!
  • Options
    +1. The daily coins contribution system isn't working properly either. I have had members post screen shots showing they have 600/600 on daily activities yet the daily coins screen shows them at like 236. It became very obvious after the weekly reset, we achieved the maximum 30000 coins yet many members showed much less on the daily coins leader board.
  • DeMoJsa
    196 posts Member
    Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    +1. The daily coins contribution system isn't working properly either. I have had members post screen shots showing they have 600/600 on daily activities yet the daily coins screen shows them at like 236. It became very obvious after the weekly reset, we achieved the maximum 30000 coins yet many members showed much less on the daily coins leader board.

Yeah, I noticed it wasn't matching up either. But that is the least useful list to me, so I'm not at all concerned if it's bugged, haha!

Can anyone advocate FOR the daily lists? I just want to see if anyone actually uses them.

If it boils down to a "list capacity" issue, I would gladly sacrifice the daily lists to bring the weekly back.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    I would an option to shut guild chat off completely.......

Yes. This. If you're using an external chat app, the in game chat can be annoying and distracting.
  • Options
    Direct messaging should be included, Last login is useless. Daily coin count should have a daily history otherwise it is useless also. Leaders need to see what contributions were after they post to the guild, not before or during.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    Officer here, not leader, but I completely agree with all your points. There's just no reason for these options to not be in game already.
  • DeMoJsa
    196 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    List updated!

But unfortunately this thread got moved to the Feedback Section where no one will read it anymore...

The Feedback Section is like the Sarlacc Pit of this forum. Perhaps this thread will Boba Fett its way out of here...
  • Manowar
    288 posts Member
    Options
    Amazing stuff! Since our guild does not use 3rd party communication, I am unable to communicate with my leader regarding guild policy without alerting the rest of the guild. These additions would be a wonderful help to officers.
  • Options
    Game play is getting better! Still no mention of fixing the guild management tools. Guild leaders, please speak up if you desire change!