Stop using word like PvP because it doesn't exist for this game.

Jsnazz
349 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hello

I'm a pvper and I urge my fellow SWGoH to stop using the term PvP for this game because there is none to PvP to begin with. PvP mean player(s) vs player(s)

What you mostly go up against in the arena are scripted AI and they're not being control by the player.

I also urge some of you to stop using word like F2P if you spend money on pack because a single pack would bypassed a week of farming and that's consider P2W. A real F2P spend nothing.

That's all and check out some real PvP example here, such as this where I single-handed denied a team of 11 player with just a knife.

ps. It would be nice to have a real PvP mode someday where we can PvP with other players, like Star Wars Battlefront.

Replies

• Options
    Ok how about PVAi?
  • Options
    So, any other complaints and suggestions on how to do whatever, anybody? Please jump in. Seriously, some of the threads...
  • Options
    Thank you for clarifying the definitions we should be using.

Lol.. The term "PVPer." (I just saw a laggy blocky stealth end cartoon one shotting other cartoons with a knife.) The "skill" is high with this one.

Thanks for the laugh. I appreciate the irony of your post. :D
  • Flamengo
    18 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    PvP PvP PvP PvP pvp PvP ....dont cry pls, i cant stop! PvP PvP PvP
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Eve Online... That's some brutal. PvP. Real losses. Some losses worth thousands. I haven't played for years though.
  • Options
    I'll just be happy if all the MMO players here would remember that DPS means Damage Per Second, which is meaningless in a turn-based game. :p
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    I'll just be happy if all the MMO players here would remember that DPS means Damage Per Second, which is meaningless in a turn-based game. :p

DPT then? Damage per Turn...
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Most mobile games PvP part of play is player vs ai. Get used to it. Just about anything outside a MMO, MOBA, or first person shooter is actually player vs. Computer. It's just teams players have put together, but its still called PvP
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    In the context of THIS game, PvP (Player vs. Player) is when the team I put together decimates the team that you put together.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    In the context of THIS game, PvP (Player vs. Player) is when the team I put together decimates the team that you put together.

That would be true if both teams were AI controlled... Ex: Elemental Kingdoms
  • Options
    Doesn't matter who controls them. You are fighting another players team.
  • Options
    Ok PVPAICTNYH, Player vs player AI now you happy
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    pay2win wrote: »

Sure, sure! Dosen't matter at all!!! LOL
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    PvAIRPT - Player vs AI run Player Team
    or AIvAI for the people who just use Autoplay in battles
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Pilot wrote: »

This. It's technically PvP, but not as advertised-- the "versus" part is more in the context of meta-team building and as a strategy game rather than your typical head to head live action.

Though I'll admit I'm sure it takes everyone a minute to realize "hey that's not a real player behind this" during the Arena battles.
  • Options
    Otar wrote: »
    pay2win wrote: »

Sure, sure! Dosen't matter at all!!! LOL

You're telling me purposely setting up a team to counter another persons team is not player vs player.
  • nikhil54321
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This post has been removed due to a violations of the EA terms of service.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Shutup.

Edit: forgot to add why I disagree so I don't get anymore "You have been warned"'s in my inbox

Man first off this is the dumbest post ever tbh and heres why. You really can't think people will stop using phrases or whatever just because you have shown definite proof it's not correct? No man I don't believe that's true, clearly you are just trolling. So moving on, maybe you are just some random person with a South Park pic that just decided to try and demand a change in something so simple, something so small, something sooooo not worthy, that will absolutely affect not one single aspect of this game. Who da .... cares? Lol I do obviously which is why I'm typing this out for you. I love you man, and I want to be the light at the end of your tunnel. There's still time to change, it doesn't have to end like this. If you want to hear more, or would like to reach out and take my hand I'm here for you. Let me know asap.

You need help bro and that's the only thing you should be making a "demanding statement topic title" about like you did here. Its sad but I have faith in you.

Much love,
    Mullato

• Options
    One benefit of pvai rather than pvp is that I find I don't get so angry when I lose. I used to play a proper pvp game, and getting beaten by a real person (often a kid) is somehow more infuriating. Especially if they then proceed to mock you in global chat.
  • Options
    You're so cool!