Why Are Achievements (and Other Aspects) of This Game So Blatantly Unproportional?

deathleech
46 posts Member
edited July 2016
I seriously don't get it. Why does the credit achievement jump from 10k credits all the way to 100k? There is no 25k and 50k in between? It's that way with tons of other achievements too. It starts going up a little, then suddenly you have one that is like 10x the previous goal. Why is there nothing in between?

Furthermore, why does the Cantina and Arena both have 15 characters available for purchase, yet the GW only has 12? At most you are getting 1100 arena tokens and that's only for the very best on each server. Most people are really getting around 500-800 per day. Meanwhile you are getting what, 1200 for a full GW clear? I almost have every GW character I can maxed out at 7*.

These are just a few of the many examples. It seems obviously these things need to be looked at and balanced better, does it not? Or am I totally missing something?

Replies

• Options
    I agree that the achieve the are well out of whack. Take the guild benefactor one: first achievement at 25 items, then next at 100. What about, 25, 50, 100? And what about the others? Purchase 100 arena shipments, then the next step is 1000. I earn enough to buy 3 shipments every 2 days. That's almost 2 years to do that one!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    its normal for achievements to go up in difficulty exponentially, atleast thats my experience from other games. The reason behind this is getting players hooked, and than lure them into (paying)/sticking around with long term goals.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ultra
    11534 posts Moderator
    Options
    Be grateful for what we already have... Having too many GW tokens lying around aren't a bad thing. Just convert them to shard shop currency imo

Achievement rewards and requirements are silly and I agree it goes from 0/50 to 50/1000 out of nowhere but at least they're adding more and more achievements each month and getting x10 more rewards is better than x2

Wish they gave us cantina energy refreshes because it's gotten ridiculous
  • Options
    this is actually really funny, I mean... my next arena achievement is to defeat 2500 opponents... this is 500 days IF I win ALL of my 5 tries per day (of course I could refresh them by spending crystals, but not for that rewards), it's ridiculous!
    well, at least after that time I will get TEN Vader Shards, FIFTY crystals and - wait for it - FIFTY THOUSAND, I SAID FIFTY THOUSAND credits!!
  • licky
    112 posts Member
    Options
    achievements are fine. why are you complaining about something so insignificant when there are bigger issues in the game that should be fixed first?
  • Options
    @licky maybe because when we complain about something major we just get ignored, so why not try bringing up smaller issues to see if the devs will finally listen. Probs won't but we can try all the same
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @licky maybe because when we complain about something major we just get ignored, so why not try bringing up smaller issues to see if the devs will finally listen. Probs won't but we can try all the same

read the update notes on all the little issues that got fixed with the mods patch. You'd be suprised how much they actually listen.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    @leef I always do, hope you're not referring to the last update... because that was just mod "appreciation" and then the community update that followed only details whats to come not what has already been fixed. I may well be looking in the wrong place so direct me to where I can read these notes on all of the little issues that they've supposedly fixed because I've come across nothing so far going back through them.
  • Options
    The in game economy and distribution of characters is not balanced at all. I want to think it's because they don't have a good experienced game balancer on the staff, but when the solutions only require basic logic and reasoning skills it makes me scratch my head.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    deathleech wrote: »
    I seriously don't get it. Why does the credit achievement jump from 10k credits all the way to 100k? There is no 25k and 50k in between? It's that way with tons of other achievements too. It starts going up a little, then suddenly you have one that is like 10x the previous goal. Why is there nothing in between?

Furthermore, why does the Cantina and Arena both have 15 characters available for purchase, yet the GW only has 12? At most you are getting 1100 arena tokens and that's only for the very best on each server. Most people are really getting around 500-800 per day. Meanwhile you are getting what, 1200 for a full GW clear? I almost have every GW character I can maxed out at 7*.

These are just a few of the many examples. It seems obviously these things need to be looked at and balanced better, does it not? Or am I totally missing something?

Operating and developing a game that suffers from a ridiculous amount of oversights is what they're good at. Ask them to balance anything, like a #2 pencil on their finger, and they just start smashing chairs or something. Nothing in this game was developed well, everything they've done is half-****'d.
  • Options
    Operating and developing a game that suffers from a ridiculous amount of oversights is what they're good at. Ask them to balance anything, like a #2 pencil on their finger, and they just start smashing chairs or something. Nothing in this game was developed well, everything they've done is half-****'d.

That is just spot on. They think that they can just smack a star wars label on the game and the game is immediately perfect.
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    Options
    This is a real problem. The rewards are pitiful to begin with, and the second benchmark is unachievable in a normal, reasonable timeframe. 2,500 arena battles? I do several refreshes a day and in three months I'm at 741. Sooo, in nine months I can expect 3 Vader shards and 350k? Woo.

A more reasonable achievement timeline would be every 2-3 weeks, and scaling from there to a max of a month and a half. Anything more and they might as well not even be there. Players want achievable goals!
  • Options
    The one that bugs me the most is getting 100 million credits, that was an insane jump from the achievement beforehand
  • deathleech
    46 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    phbarsan wrote: »
    well, at least after that time I will get TEN Vader Shards, FIFTY crystals and - wait for it - FIFTY THOUSAND, I SAID FIFTY THOUSAND credits!!

Yup, that's another thing. The rewards you finally do get are completely out of whack. Some you get 200 crystals and 500k credits for and they take a few weeks, while others literally take years and give less rewards than three GW clears.

licky wrote: »
    achievements are fine. why are you complaining about something so insignificant when there are bigger issues in the game that should be fixed first?

Because this is a no brainer that requires minimal effort on EA's part? Balancing a character is tougher, you can go too far one way or the other with it and have to make sure it works with all other aspects of the game. You can seriously imbalance stuff with a few seemingly minor tweaks. Making there be some steps in between for achievements, and the rewards better, really just requires some common sense though.

Post edited by deathleech on