New Daily Events Would Be Development Time Better Spent

Vavasour
102 posts Member
edited July 2016
Both watching and experiencing the constant character and game mechanics fiddling has taken the wind out of most of our proverbial GoH sails.

I wish that the development team would direct their time and efforts into launching daily events. The event table in-game is the only mode of play that sits idle and useless for days and even weeks at a time. Which if i remember correctly has been the primary reason for removing features like Key Card battles.

Why aren't we cycling through the events we've seen? Furthermore, why such minimal development effort towards a gameplay mode that, generally speaking, has the support of the vast majority of player base who still enjoy this game (or at least what was and again could be)?

We're seeing mod challenges added that players cant unlock (5x5*Jawas), new raids that most players worry will prevent them from ever getting Han unlocked, and a possible level cap increase to 90 that is universally feared. Yet daily events, that all players gain access too, sit dormant.

Replies

• Options
    They added tons of mod challenges to use various synergies. I doubt they will be adding new events.

I might expect a nightsister, Sith or ewok event since they are not in mod challenges.

ewok event for wicket?
    nightsister event for mother talzin?
    sith event for palpatine?
  • Options
    I think by the looks of it the new mod challenges are trying to become new events but it just isn't the same, all we have now is training droid event and the countdown to the Yoda event, at least add something like Ability mod events or certain gear items to make it worth while
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more, and was just thinking about this! Cycling through existing events would solve one of my biggest problems right now: running out of things to do in the game, and having less fun because of it.

It's no extra content for the devs, and it adds excitement & some extra rewards. Except for the one heroic raid battle I get to do every other day (since t7 rancor health is so low & guilds have to conserve damage), GW battles, & arena PvP, I don't really have anything to play. Resources are so scarce right now, it takes no time at all to use up all my cantina & regular energy & deplete the credit stash.

And I won't pay for a game if I'm forced to. When it was optional, I had no problem purchasing crystals to support the game. But if I'm expected to shell out just to get through normal daily achievements, I'm not interested. Recycling the omega events would create interest, add some balance & make the resource shortages less dire.

All in all, I'm disturbed by the devs' inability to see that need, and understand that now is the time to give people reasons not to leave the game. New content is great, sometimes. But what about the people playing right now who aren't going to come back tomorrow? Keep something of interest going all the time. Events are the easy answer.
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Ackbar_Mon wrote: »
    They added tons of mod challenges to use various synergies. I doubt they will be adding new events.

I might expect a nightsister, Sith or ewok event since they are not in mod challenges.

ewok event for wicket?
    nightsister event for mother talzin?
    sith event for palpatine?

The problem with this is that mod challenges use super expensive cantina energy, and might not even give rewards. So if I sim three cantina refreshes worth of tier 3 mod challenges in one go as I did today, and get two low end white mods to show for it, what then?

The event structure is: three free plays with certain guaranteed rewards, then refresh for crystals. Mod battles are no substitute.
  • Vavasour
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    Options
    They can just rotate the rewards for the existing challenges with ones that are actually usable...especially the tank challlenge...i only do it now because it falls on the day with the guild challenge...but don't see either happening..