7 shards in chromium for character I have!?

Tamwyn
21 posts Member
So I bought a 4 pack and I got 12 shards for 3 different characters and then it showed that the 4th pack was a full character, turns out id unlocked that character, so it gave me 7 shards! It's harder to get a character in this packs than shards and yet you get more shards on their own then you do if you get a character you already have?! How is that fair?

Replies

• Tamwyn
    21 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse can I get an answer on this?
  • Options
    This has always been the case. And it's always been total ****.
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    Options
    There are characters that unlock at 7 shards for example Royal Guard
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    This is why it's a good idea to only unlock toons you will definitely use while you are still opening chromiums. Once they're unlocked you get far less for them in this circumstance.
  • Youthv2
    270 posts Member
    Options
    Shard packs is only good to buy for those below player lvl50. Thereafter, chromium is best spent on energy or special "debut toons". But this is merely an educated opinion
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • Options
    Youthv2 wrote: »
    Shard packs is only good to buy for those below player lvl50. Thereafter, chromium is best spent on energy or special "debut toons". But this is merely an educated opinion

Yes. Even if you get the toons you want you are just making your credit situation worse.
  • Options
    Well now that ive got more 7* characters im sick of getting shards or the "full" characters of ones that are 7*. You should not be getting excess shards when there are still many chars I haven't got or aren't maxed! Took me several days for the last few Daka & Ashoka shards to drop in hard nodes, only to get 12 Daka & 24 Ashoka shards in chromiums a day later...Only plus is it gives me more shard shop currency for Vader. But at 10/1 that's very expensive.
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    Haihs wrote: »
    There are characters that unlock at 7 shards for example Royal Guard

RG unlocks at 10 shards.

When you get a full character drop for one already unlocked it is converted to less shards than it unlocks for. 4* character that unlocks at 80 shards is converted to 32 shards. It sucks and I don't see them changing it.
  • Lillegre
    253 posts Member
    Options
    /sigh

For the sake of repeating myself from the feedback thread

if the character unlocks at:

1 star - unlock takes 10 Shards - duplicate unlock converted to 7 shards (70% return of unlock cost)
    2 star - unlock takes 25 Shards - duplicate unlock converted to 15 shards (60% return of unlock cost)
    3 star - unlock takes 50 Shards - duplicate unlock converted to 25 shards (50% return of unlock cost)
    4 star - unlock takes 80 Shards - duplicate unlock converted to 32 shards (40% return of unlock cost)

This is to remove the ability to max a (4 star) character if you pull him or her only 4 times... (hint GS / B2 / etc)

Mathematics is your friend in a game like this....
  • Options
    Don't tag devs for an issue 98% of players know the answer to.
  • Options
    Zach325 wrote: »
    Don't tag devs for an issue 98% of players know the answer to.

You say that as though OP was magically supposed to know that. Nice post though...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Deleted since information was already posted in the thread