32000 crit from Rey....really?

Prev1
I know fanboys flock to her aid, but you can not tell me that is balance.

Replies

• Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Options
    I would say that she must have excellent balance to swing that little stick so effectively.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    I was hoping that with mods other characters would become viable. Mods just made powerful characters even stronger. Maybe it will balance over time... but for the time being it has not.
  • Ezeziel
    184 posts Member
    Options
    When there's RG with 48k protection and 24k health, why not?
  • Synfreak
    277 posts Member
    Options
    IG-86 in a non droid team with offense up (as i assume that Rey was) does 27k before assist. And 16k on basic. And with JE...he gets to go before anyone else! Yay! At least Rey starts with an 18k attack.
  • Options
    88 hits for 50k or more on aoe
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Ea/CG: We're introducing this new feature called protection so the upper level battles don't end in under a minute"
    Rey: *exists*
    Ea/CG: so what you're saying is we need to add a feature to allow her to get enough health to cancel out her only flaw? Got it
  • Zeu
    95 posts Member
    Options
    32,000? she must be bugged and not get all the buffs right.. we need to get the debs to give her a lil boost to be in line with other dps
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options

Don't just tell half the story. Did you debuff her? Did she have offense up and advantage buff on? Why didn't you stun her? Is your gear at max level? Do you use mods such as avoid crit?

There are fanboys then there are people that know what they are doing and those who don't know what they are doing.
  • Options
    Aniema wrote: »

Don't just tell half the story. Did you debuff her? Did she have offense up and advantage buff on? Why didn't you stun her? Is your gear at max level? Do you use mods such as avoid crit?

There are fanboys then there are people that know what they are doing and those who don't know what they are doing.

+1
  • Options
    yeah. Same type of **** from a non jedi - is Rey. She's a teenager and female. How is it possible to hit any character once with a damage buff and kill them when the character has full health and protection. SAVAGE OPRESS, gear level 10 (all gear available aquired) with 5 dot health mods maxed to 15. 7716 or so is his power. Killed in one swing by Rey in GW. She would have exploded him in the movie. Little bits and pieces everywhere. Are we to believe this garbage from a teenage non developed jedi - is girl? Yet a Night sister augmented Sith monster is basically destroyed with one swing of a fn stick? Is it a nuke fuel rod or something? Does she have a symtex charge detonator in that thing? No. No she doesnt. She's a girl with a stick. **** balanced? Also the GW are stupid. Raise the credit reward but make them impossible to win. Kinda cancels it out don't ya think? Just keep changing things on a daily basis and bribing players to make up for it. Yeah, that's what I'd do.

• SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's about time to nerf Rey!!

Just like they did to Leia when added her at GW shipments!

I got her at chromium and was really good, OP! Back there, she usually hits 2 or 3 times always. But since appeared at shipments, it's unfortunately commom she hit only once for a whole arena battle.
  • Options
    Yeah, if I see Rey in the other team, I just plan on losing at the higher end battles in GW. Or Dooky. I'm pretty sure I haven't finished a GW in weeks, but I like getting to the second to last battle most days.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

I got her at chromium and was really good, OP! Back there, she usually hits 2 or 3 times always. But since appeared at shipments, it's unfortunately commom she hit only once for a whole arena battle.

Someone is bitter.
  • Options
    That's a worst-case-scenario opposition-wise. Stars were aligned, she hit 32K. RG and Sun Fac, Fives, Old Ben, Aayla, Phasma, B2, the list goes on for toons that can take the hit just fine. That kind of hit should just wipe most of your protection if your squad is on the up and up.

To be honest, she IS the balance for the ultra high HP that toons are able to achieve now. I think we need a few more like that. FOTP is almost there, GS is almost there. This is good. Scary, nasty, detrimental hits is what we need more of.

Imagine no Rey, or a "nerfed" Rey. Now think long and hard about who you have on your roster that can even REMOTELY chip away at those healthpools mentioned above. Exactly. Unless you set the time limit for battles to 10 minutes so we can tap each other to death until the timer runs out.

Sorry to take such a strong opposition, but I do truly believe Rey IS a balance feature, and that a few more sledgehammers are needed in this game just like her.
  • Options
    I have plenty of characters that can deal plenty of damage, I don't need Rey to do it. What I do need is to not get one-shot, which is never fun.
  • Options

Leia is not in GW shipments
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Leia is not in GW shipments
    Ok, arena shipments i meant...

Anyway she was nerfed. :(

• Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    DV buffs inplace? I've had a full stack of DV buffs on moff, in challenge and he took 28k of damage from DV's culling.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options

Rey is fine. You just need to get better and Leia is still a bada$$.

• Options
    Rey is not fine. Rey is fine on offense. Rey is way out of line on defense.
  • Options
    Rey is garbage
  • Options
    Rey was supposed to be balanced considering how long it took to farm her. . then they made her available in the guild shop because of ze whiners.
  • Options
    And she's so easy to kill LOL always go for rey first.
  • Options
    Tamonizer wrote: »

@Tamonizer
    Video please.
  • BlazeSA
    134 posts Member
    Options
    This is my Arena team:

All LVL74 (So no Omegas yet)
    Just a few 5dot mods on each with rest 1-4dot - Missed out some on the pre-crafting 2.0!

Dooku Lead (6Star gear 8) - Speed 168
    Lumi (7Star gear8) - Speed 120
    St Han ( 7 Star gear 8) - Nothing Special Here
    GS (7Star gear 9) - Speed 167 - Crit Damage 174% - Health and Protection 27 774 wich is more than St Han.
    And Rey (Duh!) (7Star gear 9) - Speed 178 and Crit 211.5%

Still working on Leia and want to replace Lumi with her, what you think?
  • Options

@Tamonizer
    Video please.

LoL
  • Options
    Nice post guys.

Me while reading your opinions:

star-wars-the-force-awakens-rey-helmet.gif
  • Options

@Tamonizer
    Video please.

I dont even know how to take a video and Im studying for an exam. =D

Rey is always paired with a tank and that's what makes her more difficult to kill. But having a QGJ + RG + High damage char (Rey/GS/Anakin) combo makes it easier for her to kill. Always lower her health until you consume her protection and make sure to one hit her to death. 80% success rate with a gear X GS or a Rey. She's so soft after all the protection are gone. If you can't stand her attacks, stop whining and mode/gear your characters. Mods are a great equalizer. Just speed up your toons. The Rey of your enemy will probably hit once or twice - with proper mods even a Dooku can stand that / miss. You can also try stunning her with an RG. My RG has HP mods and he stuns Rey on some occasions which means it's over for the opposing team.

Again, never had problems with rey really. If you don't like her, and don't want to use her, it's your fault.

I always end at top 10 to top 5 in my arena. My problems right now are the highly synergized P2P droid teams!

LOL seriously LOL
  • Options
    Don't understand the concern with Rey, however a maxed out Anakin scares the bejeezus out of me.
  • Options
    Don't understand the concern with Rey, however a maxed out Anakin scares the bejeezus out of me.

Me too . . He hits for 14-15k on normal attacks and AOE crits for 8-12k EACH. He also has higher HP than rey. Im also having problems with him, but maybe I just need to see him more so I can device some strategies.

Weirdly though, he's more of a threat paired with REY-RG than Clones. Usually I can win 90-100% of the time if he's in a clone team. But when he's with team annoyance (Rey,RG, Daka, Leia), I start questioning who to kill first. =D