50% additional dmg observed between sum of individual toon and game reported total in raid?

Prev1
UNivek
70 posts Member
edited July 2016
Hi, like to see if anyone else has observed similar gap in character total vs. game reported total in raids. I know DOT (from IG88 lead for example) and bombs (from JE for example) don't count. But if the team has no such characters, I don't expect such a big gap. I suspect the player is cheating so just want to see the community's thoughts and experience. Thanks!

BTW, in the table I shown below. Top 2 rows are the suspected runs. And bottom are other samples with similar characters. i.e. Plasma (L), QGJ, GS, Rey. So if assist and bonus attack isn't counted. I'd expect the outcome to be similar. Just in this guy's case, it is somehow always around 50% more in the total. hence the post here.

@CG_LucifersDaddy

2TfPUs8.jpg

i4Je9Kq.jpg

I have table summing damage below. The suspected ones are the two top rows and gap shown in red.

5YmZjP0.jpg
Post edited by UNivek on

Replies

• scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    The fact there are small variances in the other data points from other players is troubling as well. This should be basic addition... how can this possibly be screwed up?

Will stay tuned for updates...
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Assistant DMG perhaps
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I saw an explanation for this somewhere out here... I think it was the bonus attacks aren't counted in the toons total but they do for the team. Like if 86 assists on GS's special, it doesn't count to his total but it does for the team. Could be why there is such a big difference on Phasma led teams with all the bonus attacks
  • Options
    scootle wrote: »
    how can this possibly be screwed up?
    Do you know the companies we're dealing with here? Screwed up is expected.
  • Options
    I see this all the time, but I always assumed the difference was DoTs.
  • Options
    The Rancor raid has major bugs. A bunch of people in our guild get credited with 5,000,000+ damage while their screenshots show they only for a couple hundred thousand.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • UNivek
    70 posts Member
    Options
    In this case, all the other samples that shows < 2% gap are with similar characters. i.e Phasma (L), QGJ, GS, Rey. So if assist or Phasma bonus isn't counted, I'd expect that to be consistent. Not in this guy's case. Somehow... always 30% more is very suspicious.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    The assists not counting makes sense. And with Phasma lead, that's going to be a ton of damage missing.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    UNivek wrote: »
    In this case, all the other samples that shows < 2% gap are with similar characters. i.e Phasma (L), QGJ, GS, Rey. So if assist or Phasma bonus isn't counted, I'd expect that to be consistent. Not in this guy's case. Somehow... always 30% more is very suspicious.

But he also has QGJ and GS. They both call assists. And QGJ assists do +75% damage. If assists aren't scored to the individual and Phasma lead, you could end up with a bunch of unaccounted damage.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    I saw an explanation for this somewhere out here... I think it was the bonus attacks aren't counted in the toons total but they do for the team. Like if 86 assists on GS's special, it doesn't count to his total but it does for the team. Could be why there is such a big difference on Phasma led teams with all the bonus attacks

Same as with JE Thermal Detonator damage.

Subpar coding can't attribute damage to chars who aren't currently on their turn.

Code only accounts for damage coming from a particular character on that character's turn.

I'd be even further disappointed if didn't accurately reflect multiple attacks from the same character, like 5's with Spd Down or Leia on a multi-attack. Maybe it can only record one attack per char turn?

It's CG... Who knows?! :wink:
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options

Hm... I'd buy that if the assists are somehow not being assigned to anyone and just going into a "total damage" bucket... pretty sloppy though, when you think about it.

A basic check on the parsing should be that the total sum matches what all the individual characters have applied... this cannot be that difficult... I'm confused why/how a programmer would parse this any other way? Baffling.

• UNivek
    70 posts Member
    Options
    But he also has QGJ and GS. They both call assists. And QGJ assists do +75% damage. If assists aren't scored to the individual and Phasma lead, you could end up with a bunch of unaccounted damage.

Right. But I would expect over a large sample, all other players with assist characters report similar results. Somehow, others with assist toons do add up. Only this guy is always off. Take a look within your Raid and see if you see similar results.
  • odatoyoda
    96 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If it has to do with assist calling, it would have to be only from Pharma's leadership-generated assists.

I did a T6 the other day with Teebo (L), EE, QGJ, IG-86 and 5's.

~3.2 million damage

Lots of assists called and my individual damages added up to within 1 point of my reported total.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yeah, it is kinda shady coding, but as long as the team total is correct. It would be worse if you lost out on that assist damage. I'm pretty sure they aren't cheating or being buffed, it is just an oddity in they way the scores are recorded. But I can't be sure without actually recording the turn by turn damage for each toon including assist damage (and I aint doing that!).

I have one guy in my guild that went from putting up like 1M per raid to over 4M lol. I am assuming it is mods because the timing was very coincidental (my scored also went up a good deal because I went all in on mods when they first came out) but on first glance it does seem shady.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    odatoyoda wrote: »
    If it has to do with assist calling, it would have to be only from Pharma's leadership-generated assists.

I did a T6 the other day with Teebo (L), EE, QGJ, IG-86 and 5's.

~3.2 million damage

Lots of assists called and my individual damages added up to within 1 point of my reported total.

See, if this is the case, then there might be a bug specifically with Phasma assists and other specific things like JE detonators and such.

Surely I hope they do not do damage parsing on a per-toon set of conditions... if so, there is simply no way to ensure they are consistent across the board unless they have actual QA willing to audit every combination of characters and abilities... and we've seen how astute their QA process is...

The +1 damage variance has been well documented... you can't actually do "zero" damage in their broken-**** code for a finalized battle... even if you show a "0," the system logs you as a "1" to probably avoid some kind of overflow in their database.

e.g. if you do a "0-damage" tap in P1 by hitting just a guard (not captain) and then die, it shows you as a 0-damage battle even though in the totals you show up as a "1".
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Assists
    Damage over time
    Probably others

This isn't even a runner up to the number of bugs that need to be corrected.
  • UNivek
    70 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Okay, perhaps I didn't state the issue here. The issue isn't the character total doesn't = reported total. I've seen up to 2% difference in the totals between characters and game with assists (GS/QGJ) and with Phasma Lead. And seem to agree to some others here as well.

I actually reworded it a little. instead of looking at the gap of the sum vs. total. The total is simply 50% more than the sum.

The issue here is the same characters used by this player in question consistently generated reported total of 50% more than sum of character total. This while other players experience at most 2% difference with same chance of assists.

Now, I've done some google search and found a hack site... and it says in god mode to boost dmg by 50%. The site had a video showing the hack in action... and coincidentally the raid total in the video shows 50% more than character total!!! I won't show the link but its easy to find... So I think if you see ~50% gap in your guild's raid. There is something to be suspicious of...
    Post edited by UNivek on
  • Options
    Am I missing something?

In the OPs screenshots the higher damage one shows a team with EE while the lower damage one shows Chewie. EE adds TM to squad members if omega'd. He also heals and can res... All of that would greatly enhance damage numbers.

Also, who knows what mods are in play here?

I'm confused.
  • UNivek
    70 posts Member
    Options
    @ThePedroKid The discussion here is not about if assist or DOT counted in the total. It is about how a single player in our guild consistently shows 50% additional raid damage compared to the total from characters. This while all other players have a difference within 2%.

I've done additional research and we can cross reference the release of a cheat mod on Jul 13th to when his damage has increased. (chart below). So it is very conclusive.

BTW, on the DOT/assist damage side. Based on all the sample raid damage summary screen I've seen as part of this investigation. I conclude the only damage not shown on character are DOT and delayed bombs (i.e. JE). All assist damage (QGJ or from Phasma lead) are part of the character damage. And the game reported total includes all.

I'm closing this thread if I could as it has served its purpose. Thanks!

ZS9pTKC.jpg
  • Options
    Ahhh.. okay. It all makes sense now. Sorry.

After reading your response I just so happened to have a discussion with a shardmate concerning an individual in his guild who did an insane amount of damage in p2 t7 with a very poor roster. He thought maybe he took multiple turns but his roster didn't even support that.

This would explain it if there is a cheat mod out in the wild.
  • jomamaphat
    192 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This guy in my guild got 485k damage in p2. I cant see how that is possible

https://m.imgur.com/19PXaDE
  • jomamaphat
    192 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

[Duplicate post

• Options
    UNivek wrote: »
    @ThePedroKid The discussion here is not about if assist or DOT counted in the total. It is about how a single player in our guild consistently shows 50% additional raid damage compared to the total from characters. This while all other players have a difference within 2%.

Univek - out of curiosity: How do you see which toons of everyone has done how much damage in the raid? Did everyone of your guild took screenshots of their battle reports and shared them with you?
  • Options
    In my particular case it was just impossible for the guy to get 485k damage with his roster. See above
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Ghost damage? Some people describing that when you switch a phase (and the raid is already in that phase), your dmg does count for the total but doesn't affect the raid.

I.e. you deal 1 million dmg but the meter only moves from 30% in P1 to 100% in P2 e.g.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Wait wait I am also confused :/ are we talking about the insane individual damages ? or is it about the total damages dealt combined :/
  • Options

Univek - out of curiosity: How do you see which toons of everyone has done how much damage in the raid? Did everyone of your guild took screenshots of their battle reports and shared them with you?

Correct, we take screenshots and shown in our group chat in LINE. It also serves the purpose of learning what team comp works. As well as proof of your damage for only a single battle in raid. Not mandatory but most do it. And in the case of the cheater, he frequently had excuse of not being able to take screenshot etc...
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Ghost damage? Some people describing that when you switch a phase (and the raid is already in that phase), your dmg does count for the total but doesn't affect the raid.

I.e. you deal 1 million dmg but the meter only moves from 30% in P1 to 100% in P2 e.g.

Even between phases. I.e. Enter p1 and exit p2 and applied when raid is in p3. The game reported total will include all the dmg the player did. (And sum of individual characters add up to it). But only apply up till the phase the player exited. This is how we can have the guild as a whole do more dmg by wasting dmg to delay commit.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »

What you are saying is true but inapplicable here. What we are describing is a situation where a player is getting credit for more damage than they are inflicting
  • Options
    We booted someone from our Guild for the same thing. Its definitely a cheat. Reported damage is 1.5 times higher than the toons scored. BOOT THE CHEATER!
    Character Name: Nofaultius