Advice about a T7...

So my guild is contemplating taking another shot at doing a T7 raid, but I'm slightly cautious. We've lost a lot of members over the past few weeks including our leader who was a big hitter in the T6. We have managed to get T6 completion down to just over a day but we only have participation of about 30-35 people. And of those only about 15 people give/take a few manage to score over a mill of damage (3-5 of us depending on RNG can get over 2mil and we've only got one guy who hits for over 5) and that's with having 2 opportunities to throw 5 full teams at it, other members don't really hit for that much either, there's always large gaps in between people's scores and a lot hit below 300k in total. I'm just wondering whether anyone who's experienced with T7 raids thinks it's worth it for us to try. We have done in the past with a full guild and barely scraped past phase 2, we have come a long way since then but with the member losses I feel like it's been a 3 steps forward and 2 back kinda situation.
If we aren't gonna be able to finish I don't wanna waste the coins to do it and would rather stick with a T6 that we will finish because credits are a huge necessity right now for everyone in the guild.
I'm just looking to get as much outsider advice as possible to go back to them and have an informed discussion about whether it's worth it or not, I'm pretty firm on that it wouldn't be but my experience with T7's is a flat zero.
Please help, building up the coins takes time due to not everyone contributing so we're not in a position were we can afford to not complete the raid

Replies

• Options
    Just do T7, if you don't make it post on forums for a guild hopper to finish it off.
  • Jambiiiiiiiii
    912 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Sent pm
  • Options
    Yeah I've seen a lot of people doing that, maybe I'm just too cautious with past failures but may as well give it a go and just wave a white flag on here asking for help should we need it
  • Jambiiiiiiiii
    912 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Sent you a pm
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I suggest you try it. You will have to be VERY organized though. Do you use discord or line or something to communicate?

Phase 1 - only people who have good squads for this phase should attempt it, otherwise you will waste characters.

Phase 2/3 - each person should use only a single squad in each of these phases. That lets them take advantage of the door drop to do maximum damage before rancor starts killing you off.

Phase 4 - throw everything you have left at it and look for help on here if you need it.

Also as an overall suggestion, when any phase is nearly done (say below 25% health left) you have to organize your attacks so that you send in one person at a time. That way you avoid wasting damage by overlapping (except for phase 4 where it doesn't matter).