JC or borriss?

I have jc now at 7 stars. He is not that bad but I wonder if I should farm Boris as a replacement. She hits not as "strong" as JC but she has better specials.

Replies

• Unimatrix
    283 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have jc now at 7 stars. He is not that bad but I wonder if I should farm Boris as a replacement. She hits not as "strong" as JC but she has better specials.

Who is Boris?
  • Options
    You mean Barriss?

I think Luminara is better at late game :smile:

May the Force be with you
  • Options
    Depends on your purposes. If you're level 80 and have Yoda, you shouldn't be concerning yourself with either of them. If you want to face Yoda, you'll probably need both. For the Challenge for supports against Darth Maul, before simming was available, JC was my rock that made it even possible to win. So what are we talking about? JC and Bariss are both utter trash in Arena, and I gleefully target the rare team with Bariss as lead (and I've never lost when I do). For GW, the heals to keep your team full throughout the nodes can be helpful, and I used my Jedi team to clear it for a long time, but it's slow and Sideous on dodge teams will make you weep bitterly like a little girl. All in all, I'd probably be looking elsewhere. Either farm up a meta arena team, with Teebo on the side for raids, or get droids, or pursue a less common/effective team with Jawas/Empire/Scoundrels and reap the benefits of the faction specific mods and events.
  • Options
    Sorry, Yes, barris, lol.

I have Lumi but I'm running a Jedi team which is quite ok, indeed Sid is annoying as hell but usually I manage to get over it.

I'm just thinking that Barris might be better than JC specially because Sid plus the debufing capabilities. But her damage output is kinda meh.

I'm looking for a "short term" thing, don't want to invest $ and to build a new team would take months - which I might do after Barris or in parallel.
  • Options
    @Astateofmind
    What level gear stars are you right now?

What is your team ?

What are your difficult opponents using?
  • Astateofmind
    160 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My team: IGD leader, Lumi, JC, Ashoka, STH.

Level 71, 7stars all, gear level 8, one piece away from 9. All have 5 dots health mods except Ashoka who has 4 mods 1dot critical damage.

The only teams I have problems with are RG + Rey + another high dps. Sid is a nuisance as well.
  • Options
    Everything will change at lvl 80 i suggest getting Rey > RG > JKA > QGJ
    This is a tested concept by me and it works.

If you want to stick to Jedis, I recommend JKA > QGJ > Yoda > Aayla
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    You might try Lumi as your lead for the evasion she provides...
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I use Barriss a lot and many times as the leader because of the health boost + HoT at start of turn. I also have a 4-star gear lvl VII JC but I very seldom use him: mainly as a healer for my B teams to grind one single toon down in GW. For arena I only keep my self in the prize tier 11 bracket (200-500) to get 500 shards a day.

Barriss' dmg sucks but she can take so much pounding that I have no need for a tank on my GW team at the moment. The team I currently roll in arena and GW is:

Barriss 4* gear VI
    Lumi 5* gear VII
    Talia 5* gear VI
    Assaj 4* gear VII for when I need to dispel a taunt or phasma
    Ahsoka 4* gear VI
    Sid 5* gear VII

Currently working on Dooku and Phasma to replace Talia/Assaj and possibly Barriss. At lvl 55 I can get the 400 shards per day which is my minimum requirement. I think on average I complete GW 3 times a week.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Man don't make the same mistake I did and invest in jc becuz he's a black guy with a goatee, hood, and glowstick.

Bruh I stopped farming jc at 5* g7 and thank God. That guy was useless. He did nothing that another toon couldn't do better. He is like lumi's random mixed son. She is just better in everyway. Couple months ago I remember he was recommended over her at times because his cool down is shorter. LOL SO? He hits like a wimp, heals like a wimp, and w/e his useless other ability does. Oh yeah he throws some water and it hits like a wimp. Don't give this guy a chance,drop him like a bad habit. Farm his dad mace he's better and that's sad (yeah, mace+lumi=jc...obviously right?)

On the other hand I don't have Barris atm, but I have fought alot of her. She is just better than jc. If you want a healer she does that we'll, but that's it. Don't even look when she does her basic because honestly I think she might do negative damage. I always wonder how long it'd take for her basic to KO 5s or savage. Basically (pun?) her basic makes Rey seem like a tank. Ok Im done

And that's mullato's in-depth, suggestive review of the 2.

Peace
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    Man don't make the same mistake I did and invest in jc becuz he's a black guy with a goatee, hood, and glowstick.

Bruh I stopped farming jc at 5* g7 and thank God. That guy was useless. He did nothing that another toon couldn't do better. He is like lumi's random mixed son. She is just better in everyway. Couple months ago I remember he was recommended over her at times because his cool down is shorter. LOL SO? He hits like a wimp, heals like a wimp, and w/e his useless other ability does. Oh yeah he throws some water and it hits like a wimp. Don't give this guy a chance,drop him like a bad habit. Farm his dad mace he's better and that's sad (yeah, mace+lumi=jc...obviously right?)

On the other hand I don't have Barris atm, but I have fought alot of her. She is just better than jc. If you want a healer she does that we'll, but that's it. Don't even look when she does her basic because honestly I think she might do negative damage. I always wonder how long it'd take for her basic to KO 5s or savage. Basically (pun?) her basic makes Rey seem like a tank. Ok Im done

Peace

SO MUCH ROFL HAHAHA
    Kagehonoo wrote: »
    Everything will change at lvl 80 i suggest getting Rey > RG > JKA > QGJ
    This is a tested concept by me and it works.

If you want to stick to Jedis, I recommend JKA > QGJ > Yoda > Aayla

But Kagehonoo is right. If you want to run a Jedi team, might as well go for JKA and QGJ (non-negotiable).

Healers will be remotely useful at end game except occasionally for GW or Raids = Lumi already has a good coverage here.

At the end of it all, this game isn't always about the depth of your roster but the quality of your main toons. =)
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    @Tamonizer

You laughing at my random banter or did I say something that didn't make sense? Not sure lol. Don't wanna offer bad advice to someone.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Peace

:roll: Best post on this forum so far. So much win, so laughing so much :)
  • Astateofmind
    160 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hmm, so shall i keep farming for barriss or switch to mod farming? Both will help with QGJ shards so that will reach 7* g9 somewhere in the future.

JKA is not so easy to farm atm so i'll try to get him maybe in the not so near future.
  • Darth_Azrael
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    JC is garbage. Throw in the trash compactor.

Barriss at 5 stars is marvelous. You can go for mods after that.
  • Options
    Saw the title and all I could think of is men in black three anigif_enhanced-buzz-30675-1407130117-4.gif
    But in reality do you have GW problems? If yes then bariss if no then counslar and even he is outshined by luminara
  • Options
    So far no GW problems but I want to be ready for when I'll hit 80 ... Somewhere in the next couple of months (not completing the dailies, except for the ones that reward sims). So at 80 I would like to have some toons to choose from for the main team.

I guess I'll keep going for Barris till she hits 5 stars then switch to mods and get shards only on light/dark battles.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I'll take Boriss all day, especially over Natasha
  • Options
    Boris Yeltzin??? The new meta???

483208089_a2f8b849e6.jpg
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    Bariss lead for gw is a must
  • Options
    I think i will replace JC qith QGJ - but i still need to 7* his **** ...
  • Options
    Boris Becker