Please, give Teebo the fix he deserves

Cuzzins
345 posts Member
edited July 2016
Seriously, we love this fuzzy little guy. He's so useful, but it's heartbreaking when we give him stealth via special and he not only unstealths, but then seemingly refuses to stealth until the cool down goes away. You fixed Wedge, fine. Now fix a toon people actually have.

Here's some pseudo code:

If(toon=="Teebo" && stealthed) {
leaveTheHellAlone = true;
}

Replies

• Vomit4Sale
    42 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Problem is that leader ability class is probably called before the toons class I am guessing making the fix a little more difficult and possible adding another check, in the leader class

{if leader = teebo then
    Check this} may fix the solution but there could be additional issues with this without seeing th code.
    I cant currently think of another toon that checks current buffs before taking a turn which could mean there is no communication between the leader class and toon class, just a setter for the leader ability.
    Additionally, leader ability may be called in the beginning of battle and never called again which means this bug is not fixable without changing the current battle program.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Options
    Nah, he stealthed multiple times, his leader is called multiple times. Even if it is called before it should still have access to the toon object at the time it's called, if they just check the stealth flag and see it's already set (or there's an integer that indicates stealthTurns=2 for example) then don't call the applyStealth method - I know am probably simplifying without code, but if they can spend effort on new cash grab events or raids, they can spare a Jawa Engineer or two to fix some of the bugged characters before throwing out entirely new buggy content
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    It is broke in 2 ways
    Leader overwrites stealth from scramble tactics making it last 1 turn instead of 3
    Or
    At level 8 second part of scramble tactics ability can overwrite first part only giving him stealth for 2 turns.

It is a combination of checking status and order of operation that this dev team seems to always get wrong.

BTW wedge was only partially fixed.