Pls allow me to use Cody

Durrun
1019 posts Member
Fantastic toon on paper. In practically I'm not lasting a full round with him, clones have some amazing synergy but in order to have a team of them they either have to hit hard like droids or survive longer. Cody does neither. Second lowest hp pool in game and his leader does nothing to stop this, %defence does next to nothing to increase survival. Please either make him tankier or make him hurt more to warrent his low hp. His assist is nice but Rey hits 3 times as hard and she's only 1 character not a full team. Please please make me able to use him in arena and not drop 80 ranks overnight

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Furthermore with the recent rework on Anakin anyone running clones will run him or Rex as leader. Cody isn't a consideration so the extra defence (that dosent help anyway) won't be used. Would it be possible to change it t somone thing like a passive with % health per clone ally. And if he's going to be flagged as a support his mass driver cannon should be something that gives a little more utility, for example Chirpa who has a similar role in an ewok team has speed up and more damage on assis, with a heal and team buff to synergy characters in his second special. Please give Cody some love! Thank you for reading. @Darth_Jay77 has done testing as well and made a similar post, I'm sure he'd like to contribute his own thoughts
  • Exarius
    102 posts Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I've been posting about his uselessness too.
  • Options
    @Durrun

Thanks for the tag. Cody is such a fun character but he can't hang on defense. All 5 Clones arent bad on offense but they get murdered on defense. Having over 100 arena matches with Cody I feel pretty good about the following comments.

1. Codys AI: On defense the AT-AT canon is used first which is not good. Cody should definitely open with 212th Attack. Aside from the damage, which isnt that incredible as compared to Rey, IG88, IG86, etc, it creates tempo for the squad. AI needs to be changed to have 212th Attack be used first.

2. AT-AT canon: The more I use Cody the less I like this ability. Codys potency is bad and I'm not even sure Mods fix this, not sure its worth getting Mods just for this ability. As much as I'd like the Clones to have some some crowd control, I'd rather see it give Clones speed-up or something more useful.

3. Leader ability: Durrun hit it on the head, defense gain is not a useful stat in any way. Maybe give him armor up instead but overall his leader is not useful. Rex is probably the best leader for Clones and Anakin is also very good. Clones seem to be about TM gain, his leader ability should support that theme.

4. Total Health (Health & Protection): Is 30% less than the average Clone, excluding CT-5555. When you look at all of the DPS like those mentioned in bullet 2 and not to mention Codys other Clones; there is reason for such a huge discrepancy. His damage from 212th is good but not on the level of the others I mentioned, plus Codys 212th is on a much longer cooldown and doesnt need such a severe total Health penalty to balance him.

5. His basic is very cool, I like the TM gain depending on the targets health. Character model is cool, Order-66 graphic is awesome.

Cody is a fun character and he has the potential to round-out a Clone squad minus the fact that they still need a tank with a taunt. If 5s could get a taunt, the Clones would be a complete squad, kind of like Jawas are now.

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    5 squad attempts with Cody and not a single stun for Mass Driver landed. If he's going to be tagged as a support he should have a support like ability. A buff or utility or something please
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    5 squad attempts with Cody and not a single stun for Mass Driver landed. If he's going to be tagged as a support he should have a support like ability. A buff or utility or something please

In order for his AOE to stun somebody on a high power squad, youd need to have all mods with mega potency stats. But if you do that what do you lose?? His AOE needs a retool in my opinion or change his potency stats along with his total health. Id really like to see him buff the squad with speed or something instead of a 1% chance to stun.

• Options
    You can use Cody all you want, not their fault Arena isn't the best place for him.

Take nearly any Empire character (not RG obviously), same situation, just not viable for Arena. Maybe not all characters are viable for Arena.