How about a Pazaak table?

Nonemo
1656 posts Member
edited January 2016
It's a cantina, right? What self respecting cantina in the Star Wars universe doesn't have a proper Pazaak table, complete with a rusty tin can of a dealer droid and a snarky Neimoidian looking to strip you of your life savings?

The currency on the Pazaak table is credits of course. Play well and you might get more credits for leveling up your heroes. Play less than well and you might make a new Neimoidian friend for the night.

How about a Pazaak table? 31 votes

Yes! More gameplay and adds to cantina atmosphere.
64%
RolfQeltarDaeghaacosmicturtle333CourierAustinBentWookieeD_MillennialstupidfatfoolNonemoBaalHogginsASDFQWERZXVCKr4itok_T0mmyB23LianaraDrich2323MythovWallenbeesCPMP 20 votes
No! Mini games are boring.
6%
StormElyndria 2 votes
What is this 'Pazaak' of which you speak?
29%
HavokTriggerRonon_DexBoro_Smooth1ShanksTyroneSilverSargeantBrock_LeesonSippycupAySteezy 9 votes

Replies

• HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've heard of Pazaak from various other star wars games but I have no idea what kind of game it is.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    It's essentially like Black jack. You should try and get as close to 20 as possible while not going above and still higher than your opponent, but you also have a hand of your own to play. And there are both +/- cards.
  • Options
    Ah. I wouldn't mind having it but I wouldn't see myself playing it much unless there were better rewards than credits.
  • Options
    That would be fun..

Where would we get the cards? Drops? Packs?

I enjoyed the game in Kotor, it was easy to make lots of credits!
  • Options
    Oh.. Great idea btw! :)
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'll take whatever new content I can get!

360?cb=20111008050308
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Would be cool if we could get cards through special challenge modes, just as there are challenges for gear.

The challenges concept could be expanded upon anyway. I'd love to see challenges where you get different sorts of handicaps that you need to work around. Like non dispellable ATK debuffs, or not having a full team. Or starting the battle with very low health.

Tougher challenges could net more useful Pazaak cards.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Any new content is fine by me as long as it is fun and fair. The #1 problem with the game right now is: not enough game!
    Cue the "I lost N times in a row! CG stacked the deck against us!" complaints in 3... 2... 1.... :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Sounds cool, and the million credit price of promoting a six star to a seven star is a little steep for me.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I like pazaak. But sabacc would be even better! Though I'm not sure they ever explain the rules fully for the crazy game anywhere...
    All I know is that Han rocks it, and that an ****'s Array wins.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sabacc is like a mix of two cards Texas hold'em and Black Jack, with a touch of roulette in it too since the cards on the table will randomly change their charge every turn and will be either positive or negative, depending on the color the wheel stops at. The ****'s Array is a bound 2 and 3 in the hole, and a joker on the table.

Didn't Han win the Falcon in a game of Sabacc?
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah sabaac is where Han won the falcon, I'd like to see both games, assume if they can put a kotor droid in here, they have room for another kotor creation, pazaak.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Sabacc is like a mix of two cards Texas hold'em and Black Jack, with a touch of roulette in it too since the cards on the table will randomly change their charge every turn and will be either positive or negative, depending on the color the wheel stops at. The ****'s Array is a bound 2 and 3 in the hole, and a joker on the table.

Didn't Han win the Falcon in a game of Sabacc?
    Yeah, but we don't know several critical elements. What are the odds of getting the cards, the degree of randomness to the shifting field, where you can you get a skifter ;) ...
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Dang, you're right. My daydreams of becoming a galactic card shark are looking dreamier than ever. Unless GC could research a decent Sabacc gameplay. But that's wishful thinking I'm afraid.

Still, would be cool to interact a little more with the other cantina folks. Is that Plo Koon by the challenges table, or just another of his species? In either case, I want to hustle him.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Shifting is 50/50 chance per turn and skifters get one killed...
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Baal wrote: »
    ... skifters get one killed...
    Only if they're caught! Mines hidden...behind my 7* Vader.
    (Just kidding!) :p