Modding the Droids and question about team!!

Au5t1n
37 posts Member
Right now I am running HK(L), IG-88, IG-86,JE, RG in arena. I am thinking about replacing RG with Chief Nebit, is that a good idea??? Also I would like to know how I should mod these characters?

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    My guess is you don't have a squad that can clear the unique challenges, namely the Jawa one. So do what the rest of us did and farm HP mods at 4 or 5 dots till your wallet bleeds and you find some triangles with crit damage in them. You want to be moving toward Nebit but it's worth noting some diehard droid supporters will advise using IG100 for his aoe and TM gain with HK lead. Get HKs leader omegad as soon as humanly possible and mod for crit damage, and speed on your JE. Then join the ranks of those ready to be conquered by my mighty Rex and his clone army MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

(Seriously don't fight Rex led teams with droids it dosent go well)
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    Options
    I run 47, 86, 88, 100, and JE, but I am working on Nebit. My plan after I have him leveled is this:

Offense: 47, 86, 88, Nebit, JE
    Defense: 47, 88, 100, Nebit, JE

The cool thing about the droids is that you can mix and match with Jawas. Actually, I'm working all of the Jawas because my arena has a lot of teams like mine.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I wanted to try Nebit but I'm getting bored with droids and shifting back to rebels. Speed arrows on the three assassin droids and JE are amazing. I don't have the ideal mods since I just farmed all the ones I could before they nerfed the drop rate. I just completed t3 of the Jawa challenge but health mods work great if you get the right stats, start out by farming for speed arrows, critical damage triangles, and protection on the circles and crosses for the IG twins.

Here you can check out how I have my droids modded, like I said it's not ideal but it's working great.

https://swgoh.gg/u/mrblowinloadz/
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    IG 88 and 86 should have +critical damage (30%) it is ok if you don't have mods with 4 or 5 dots for it since all you want is +30% push for your crits which means more strong Starts with Jawa Engineer.

Than you want speed for Engineer and HK until you got the point that after JE your HK always starts (AOE debuffs) than following up with IG88 is devastating for the enemy.

Your Droids dont need a bunch of HP, IG88 and IG86 still die to a Rey unless you killed her first (see critical damage). Health mods are only ok because you easily get 5 dots and can get better stats on a pair of it.

What I like is if you manage to pull a mod with additional critical damage. My IGs both have over 210%!
  • RenanFilipe
    189 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Take a look at my arena team, you can use the same mods that I am using on my droids.
    I suggest you to swap rg for stormtrooper han, you will gain so much tm with him.

one tip for using han, wait until qgj dispel someone to use his taunt.

https://swgoh.gg/u/renanfilipe/
    Post edited by RenanFilipe on
  • aPlateOfGrapes
    219 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    IG 88 and 86 should have +critical damage (30%) it is ok if you don't have mods with 4 or 5 dots for it since all you want is +30% push for your crits which means more strong Starts with Jawa Engineer.

Than you want speed for Engineer and HK until you got the point that after JE your HK always starts (AOE debuffs) than following up with IG88 is devastating for the enemy.

Your Droids dont need a bunch of HP, IG88 and IG86 still die to a Rey unless you killed her first (see critical damage). Health mods are only ok because you easily get 5 dots and can get better stats on a pair of it.

What I like is if you manage to pull a mod with additional critical damage. My IGs both have over 210%!

Solid advice here ...

As for Nebit, I have him 6*, Lv. 78 with his taunt Omega'd and G9. I don't really have him modded at all, but I'm liking his versatility. He lasts all the way through GW now on my droid team (HK (L), 88, 86, JE all max stars, level, and gear except JE who is only G9), but I don't use him in Arena as of yet. I use Sun Fac, and he's just so hard to replace. We'll see once I get Nebit to G10 how he is. You certainly can't deny his synergy with Droids and Jawas, but SF's utility is just freakin' awesome.

EDIT: Nebit's damage is paltry, only critting for about 2k at the moment, so make sure your other droids are geared and modded to do maximum damage.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    At least in my shard 100 works better in defense than RG. Haven't tried Han yet.

My 100 is only 4*
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea you know getting t1/2 critical damage mods should work just fine. The secondary stats won't be as high but the difference won't be huge.

Maybe aim for the square offense, diamond defense, triangle critical damage up and arrow speed mods in the mains stats. That will still give you between 52.5-54% critical damage up.

Maybe still get the t5 health mods in the circle and plus mods so you can get the +47% protection to keep the droids alive.