Droids Are OP--Need More Counters

Prior to about May, droids were pretty balanced. Everybody knew they were slow and had low health, but no group of characters were capable of providing the damage they did with the range of debuffs that they do. Under an omega HK lead, they crit all the time meaning they consistently end each turn with 50% turn meter, which effectively doubles their speed. Then the devs released a Jawa character who effectively guarantees that droids start the match first and then revives droids when they die. There's a former top 5 player on my shard who runs HK, 86, 88, JE, and RG who stopped playing about two weeks ago. Two weeks later his team sits at spot #56 and he hasn't dropped a single spot in 4 days. Normal top 100 teams tend to drop 5-40 spots overnight (depending on how active their shard was that day) but this certain team hasn't dropped a single spot in four days. Top 100 teams with maxed out characters who've been playing the game since mid December can't beat this comp. That is OP.

I understand that clones are supposed to be good against them but clones are basically p2w right now. Then EA made other characters who have decent anti-droid skillsets but that no one's farmed because they're useless against anybody else (ie ugnaught, jawa). I recommend the devs one of two things:

1) Provide stronger anti-droid skills to Jedi: according to lore, Jedi basically cut through droids like a hot knife through butter, but the only Jedi with any anti-droid skills is....Eeth Koth with a reliable stun. I recommend that Ashoka, Aayla, Lumi and other Jedi who fight droids in the Clone Wars be given unique anti-droid skills. Give them something like Ahsoka causes +25% damage when attacking a droid, Aayla has 100% counter chance when the attacker is a droid, Lumi's special also inflicts offense down when attacking a droid, etc. This would help make the game more in line with lore, and there are still enough anti-jedi counters out there (such a HK, IG100, GG) to keep droid/Jedi matches interesting

OR

2) Nerf JE's speed. No character should have one of the fastest base speeds in the game with a special granting up to 50+ speed for being in a certain comp while providing TM boosts, crit chance up buffs, and revives to those characters. The only drawback is he has a basic that still provides good damage but has to wait a turn to cause it and he's useless outside droid/jawa comps. The only reason this character was designed was to be put in a droid team to put droids over the top. I'm all for synergy, but no character should be useless by itself but OP when paired with X, Y, and Z toons.

Replies

• Options
    The cool thing about this game is how everyone has a different experience. See when *I* see droids I think "easy win!" ( I am on a December server.. maybe that is it)

The more i see i realize.. the server\shard makes the difference.

Some are RULED BY 'clones".. some by "droids".. some by "two taunt hybrid" teams.. WHATEVER!

I guess what I am saying is there is a "rock" to defeat your "scissor".. find it and change the "meta" of your shard. :)
  • Options
    @BentWookiee thanks for the response. I understand that you guys are trying to push jawas with a Chief Nebit lead as the counter to the team I described earlier, but can we get existing characters tweaked for this too? Jedi's are far from too strong, but there's still around a dozen characters with anti-Jedi skills out there. I seen the movies and the tv show and the Jedi wrecked droids, but there aren't any Jedi outside eeth koth that have any anti-droid skills. Can we get some of these Jedi from the Clone Wars tweaked to give them some anti skills to counter? I'm worried that these droid comps are the rock, paper, and scissors to 90% of the comps out there with the remaining 10% being clones and jawas. The game loses a lot of luster when jedi's aren't viable anymore but jawas are.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    There are multiple builds and characters that eat droids for breakfast. Even Jedi, not talking about Koth. Play the game properly before complaining.
  • Options
    Rotor wrote: »
    There are multiple builds and characters that eat droids for breakfast. Even Jedi, not talking about Koth. Play the game properly before complaining.

I wasn't complaint I was asking a question--why is the meta being pushed towards droids vs clones vs jawas?