FOTP extremely unbalanced

Can we talk for just a minute about why the FOTP is so good? Have the devs watched ANY of the films?? If you join the empire your blaster accuracy is 5% tops! I feel offended that in arena battles I have to treat him like a threat when in reality we all know we should have 10 turns or more before they actually hit us...right?

Replies

• Options
    First of all (in canon) the Tie Pilot is one of the more trained combatants the protect Darth Vader and in TFA are even considered "special forces" as for their high attack well that's their advantage.... you know their disadvantage?? or weakness .... you find that and you'll understand FOTP is not OP
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Options
    This is not the films, or the books.. That's not the way this works.. That's not how any of this works!
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    In cannon Darth Vader doesn't fight anakin. Nor does Luke shoot chewy
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    The game, being developed according to math and rigorous testing, is balanced. The players, being mere humans, aren't.

Realisation: We don't need to nerf the game. We need to figure out a way to buff the players! Is there such a thing as steroids for the brain?
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ginko biloba
  • Options
    FOTP is fairly balanced game wise. While he may hit pretty hard, he is a slow glass cannon. Plus he is extremely slow to farm at the present, lower stars means he can be taken out extremely quick.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »

Realisation: We don't need to nerf the game. We need to figure out a way to buff the players! Is there such a thing as steroids for the brain?

Look up "nootropics", I personally take piracetam, which if I didn't, I'd be the stereotype "zombie" couch potato from my extremely high pain medication intake.
  • Options
    Disclaimer: this was jus for laughs, I don't take games so seriously... Sorry if that was misunderstood...
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    FOTP is fairly balanced game wise. While he may hit pretty hard, he is a slow glass cannon. Plus he is extremely slow to farm at the present, lower stars means he can be taken out extremely quick.

Have you seen a 7* FOTP?
    Sure he's a slow farm, but I see a lot of them in my server now, he isn't a glass cannon at all.
    It just widens the gap between heavy spenders and regular people.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    He is no glass cannon. He's a brick cannon. I have him. In not asking for nerf but he honest or learn stats.
  • Options
    FOTP is good HP and can shoot 4 times.
  • Options
    I wholeheartedly agree that FOTP is slow and that he is not much use outside of his extreme damage, but calling him a glass cannon is disingenuous to say the least. The FO characters have a huge health pool.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    Look up "nootropics", I personally take piracetam, which if I didn't, I'd be the stereotype "zombie" couch potato from my extremely high pain medication intake.

Cool. Now we just gotta figure out a way to get the nerf sheep to take the drugs. We need to... Herd them into a lab somewhere. We're gonna be nerf herders...
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Im with the OP on this one. To add to it, Leia should not be able to attack Han. She should just put her hand up "talk to the hand" style on her turn when Han in taunting.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    Im with the OP on this one. To add to it, Leia should not be able to attack Han. She should just put her hand up "talk to the hand" style on her turn when Han in taunting.

And then tell him to suicide himself on Kylo?
  • Options
    Well..Han really should automatically run away when he faces Leia. :|
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Well..Han really should automatically run away when he faces Leia. :|

Or perhaps accuse her of incest?
  • Options
    FOTP is fine. I see lots of whining but then i read his description about him being able to do extreme damage so what's the issue again ?. You can bet your rear that if CG nerf FOTP he wont ever be used again as he is the only real counter to the P2P teams.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    First of all (in canon) the Tie Pilot is one of the more trained combatants the protect Darth Vader and in TFA are even considered "special forces" as for their high attack well that's their advantage.... you know their disadvantage?? or weakness .... you find that and you'll understand FOTP is not OP

Can you state his weakness
  • Options
    He's slower than the other high damage attackers which makes him somewhat vulnerable despite the large health pool.
  • Options
    FOTP is OP.
    More than 11k hp.
    Very high dmg. He can kill any hero with one shot. It's not good.
  • Options
    FOTP is fine. he is the only real counter to the P2P teams.
    This made me laugh because the only people who currently have him at his fully potential are p2p teams so good luck countering them with a 4* fotp.
    Now FOTP is slow and at 7* he is a little tanky but easily focused fired and killed before he can attack. The reason why fotp is currently broken is because of POE; poe being as fast as he is (i think the only people faster are dooku and sid), having a taunt and having pretty good tenacity means that fotp is shielded from focus fire due to POEs taunt and stunning/ability blocking POE can be tough due to his tenacity. So thanks to POE, fotp right now is pretty hard to deal with.