Nightsister viable??

Morning guy quick question, I've been running a jedi/clone team for quite a while now and doing quite well. But I'm thinking of starting up a new team in the background, I'm thinking nightsisters would be interesting and fun plus you don't see too many of them. Is this through person preference or is a full nightsister team just not a viable squad?? Open to opinions, cheers
-Spud, ally code 337-127-347

Replies

• Options
    There's bound to be a Nightsister event someday
  • Options
    Sparhawk66 wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahha... You're hilarious
    No OP, night sisters are awful. Daka is above average, asajj could be good but is held back by poor AI, and slow speed. Aside from those two the other night sisters are all terrible.. Asajj lead and Daka can be used successfully together though. They both become faster, asajj has decent damage and a dispel, but the AI uses it when it shouldn't
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    No OP, night sisters are awful. Daka is above average, asajj could be good but is held back by poor AI, and slow speed. Aside from those two the other night sisters are all terrible.. Asajj lead and Daka can be used successfully together though. They both become faster, asajj has decent damage and a dispel, but the AI uses it when it shouldn't

Have you tried a full NS squad? Sure in arena they are sub par but they are amongst the best synergies you can use in GW. I run them on my alt and the only reason I don't have 100% completion is that at lvl 75 and g8 I face modded g10 Reys and RGs every once in a while in a tough node but usually can get through it despite being clearly outlevelled and geared
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    NightSister's lack of AoE is a big problem I find. The one that has is it slooooow. With RG or StH in arena on every team, it can be a problem getting around them. I have almost no use for them as a team other than the team I don't mind wasting when the I'm heading into a Rancor round and his devour and slam attacks are not on cooldown. I find them more useful individually than as a team.
  • Options
    Sparhawk66 wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahha... You're hilarious

To be fair the AI uses all dispeller awfully. Just ask QGJ he keeps trying to dispel Reys foresight.
  • Options
    Doesn't anyone find it odd that mother Talzin in not in the game?
    Aktis Cosmogator
  • Options
    I have a full NS team, NOT max level or geared though. I really love them and want them to be great, and I can see their potential in GW, but I simply don't have the credits to raise them up.

I regularly use Talia and think she is very underrated as a damage dealer...her heal is secondary usage for me, but I will use the dot every single time it's up, not so much for the dot but because its decent damage on its own lol. And her basic when omega'd will heal her pretty well in addition to decent damage.

I do wish they'd clean them up as a whole and give them an event.....I really love their animations and think they're a very fun squad to use. But I had to abandon leveling them up because I was falling so far behind by using them.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    NightSister's lack of AoE is a big problem I find. The one that has is it slooooow. With RG or StH in arena on every team, it can be a problem getting around them. I have almost no use for them as a team other than the team I don't mind wasting when the I'm heading into a Rancor round and his devour and slam attacks are not on cooldown. I find them more useful individually than as a team.

Interesting comment considering Asajj, the one with the AoE that is so slow, has one of the best dispels in the game. Leia, RG, Rey, STH on the same team. One dispel removes both taunts, stealth, Foresight, and crit chance up.

Give up on the AI argument they are all bad yes some are worse than others but defense IMO is non exisitent.

When running a NS team Asajj lead is really the only way to go and with Mods and Asajj leader ability the slow is taken care of.

The main problem with full NS team is the lack of a big damage dealer. Asajj can hit hard but that is about it. I am hopeful with some of the faction tags coming this week that Ahsoka gets a NS tag.
  • Options
    I have Daka, Talia, Asajji and NS initiate at 7* g8 and NS acolyte 5* (near six) g8 and I can say that they are very flexible, you can use em in GW but also in DS battle with allies' Phasma (everyone has got her). They are quite good and I like them also because they are a really team. I know that with this team you'll never reach first place in Arena and Raid, but with one team you can manage a lot of things.
    I know it's me, but I don't really like the usual arena team that 90% of people have. The devs should give more power to sinergy teams like this one. I think arena would be better and funnier than now!!
    The only big problem is Asajji's AI. It sucks!! But I think one day they'll fix it, maybe when they will add another NS toon (hope so...)
  • Options
    Nightsisters' main problem is the speed. Apart from Daka, they are slow as turds sliding down a wall. Even with Asaaj's speed bonus, she only barely breaks 100 speed! Even with amazing speed mods you might just get her to over 150.

Initiate I regularly go up against a maxed one in top 30 of my arena shard and she can hit really hard (10k+) and the buff-block can be great against RG reliant teams. Acolyte really doesn't have much in redeeming features at all.

On defense the whole lot are just awful. Watch Asaaj use her dispel to heal and only ever AOE when someone is nearly dead. Watch Talia use her heal to bring her own health dangerously low. Initiate will waste her buff block on people who either get insignificant buffs or no buffs at all!
  • Options
    degator wrote: »
    Doesn't anyone find it odd that mother Talzin in not in the game?

She's stealthed
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Options
    Nightsisters are awful, I abandoned mine. I built droids. I went from struggling to crack to 100 in arena, to consistent top 20. They have never had an event, are not in any mod challenges, and are a waste of resources to develop. Mine are level 80., Assaj, Daka, and initiate are gear 9, and I only use initiate in my DoT team. The other sisters get fed to rancor to reset the door switch.
  • Options
    To sum up OP, with the exception of Daka, no they're not viable
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Nightsisters' main problem is the speed. Apart from Daka, they are slow as turds sliding down a wall. Even with Asaaj's speed bonus, she only barely breaks 100 speed! Even with amazing speed mods you might just get her to over 150.

Initiate I regularly go up against a maxed one in top 30 of my arena shard and she can hit really hard (10k+) and the buff-block can be great against RG reliant teams. Acolyte really doesn't have much in redeeming features at all.

On defense the whole lot are just awful. Watch Asaaj use her dispel to heal and only ever AOE when someone is nearly dead. Watch Talia use her heal to bring her own health dangerously low. Initiate will waste her buff block on people who either get insignificant buffs or no buffs at all!

My Asajj is 126 speed with her leader bouns and no mods.

I will see about modding up my NS team and throwing them in arena see how they do.
  • Options
    They are viable for a good laugh.
  • Forar
    94 posts Member
    Options
    As a team, I wouldn't bother with them to a serious degree.

Having lucked into a bunch of her shards, I did bump NSI up to 7*/80/GL 8. She takes a pretty considerable beating, her ability block is fairly useful (50%, haven't omega'd it to 65%) if slow on the cooldown, and she hits reasonably hard for a 'normal' (read: non-Rey style "hits for ____-you levels of damage") character.

The lack of particularly powerful (read: broken) abilities or synergy makes her an addendum to some of my squads. She can last in the GW for a good while when I'm just clearing out the chaff, but doesn't hit hard enough to really dent the big dogs (RG, I'm looking at you), nor actually tough enough to survive more than a love tap from a GW buffed Rey.

Haven't seem them in a while, but I did face some Dooku/Daka/RG/Rey teams that were just absurd, but that was a while back, the meta or GW formula seems to have shifted a bit since then. Her double stun was/is one of the most obnoxious in the game. I think a few had Phasma in there too, and the right explosion of bonus attacks led to having 3+ characters stunned at once more than a few times.
This discussion has been closed.