Drop in Arena rank

kejmo
213 posts Member
So i entered the game in the Arena to do the daily matches, and by my surprise - i was 113th ! (????)

My usual ending rank is between 18-35. I never dropped for more then 20 places. but 80 ???

The only logical explanation is that gazillion of people stopped playing (i wonder why) and that some server merged, cause i have 39k pwr teams at rank 97.

Linked to that people stopped playing...well...keep up the good work, EA !

Cheers

Replies

• Options
    Or a lot of people just attacked you that day...

It happened to me, multiple times.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    kejmo wrote: »
    So i entered the game in the Arena to do the daily matches, and by my surprise - i was 113th ! (????)

My usual ending rank is between 18-35. I never dropped for more then 20 places. but 80 ???

The only logical explanation is that gazillion of people stopped playing (i wonder why) and that some server merged, cause i have 39k pwr teams at rank 97.

Linked to that people stopped playing...well...keep up the good work, EA !

Cheers

But what if that isnt the only logical explanation? And the servers werent merged at all, would that mean that actually more players became active in arena?
    indeed, way to go EA !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Your squad became suddenly weak ?
  • Options
    What if I told you your server wasn't merged...
  • Options
    How long had it been since you were in the Arena? Did this happen overnight?
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Ive noticed power in arena has shot up recently.. i average 60s.. sometimes get in to 30s/20s.. generally every team is now atleast 37/38k at that level
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Did it happen between Saturday and Monday?

Arena tends to be more active during this time frame due to guild activity.
  • Options
    Here's another logical explanation: yesterday's guild activity was arena battles, so lots of people bought arena refreshes. Additionally, lots of people bought furnaces when they were rotated back in to shipments last week, and furnaces are a major roadblock for lots of damage dealers like Rey and Leia, not to mention supports like Phasma and ST Han. So maybe lots of teams got stronger, and you looked easier than you have in the past (maybe you left an easier squad in after your last battle?). There's little reason to believe that arena have been combined.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Options
    How long had it been since you were in the Arena? Did this happen overnight?

I'm every day in arena. This has never happened (February). And yes, i have survived millions of PVP guild weekends.

Oh well.

I'll just move along :smiley:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Did it happen between Saturday and Monday?

Arena tends to be more active during this time frame due to guild activity.

This.
  • Options
    Losing that number of spots to people defeating you is actually very possible. Last time my server was merged I lost over 300 ranks. You also have to consider the guild activity that day and also the worse your rank drops the faster it will drop because people can fight an opponent more ranks above them than in say the top 20. If you you rank 20 you might be able to jump 5 ranks next turn, but if you are over rank 100 you might be able to jump 10 next turn. E. G., the more you fall, the faster you fall.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    It happens. Just a few days ago I woke up to above rank 50 when for months I stayed under rank 30. And thanks to mods, power level doesn't really matter that much. Someone who has proper 5* mods can easily take out a team 6k in power above them with improper mods. For whatever reason, mods don't fully configure into the power level of a team. Heck, yesterday I took #1 at payout with just over 35k power. I regularly fight through teams 3-6k above me.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.